Baylor, just go away...

Discussion in 'Big XII Conference' started by CyAg, Mar 9, 2017.

1. ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Professional Pongid Pundit
    traipsing thru the treetops
    I'll let you know if I agree when I see it.

2. JusHappy2BeHere

JusHappy2BeHere Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    again, the only place I've heard the alarming numbers are from the Baylor BOR who is desperately trying to put the blame on Briles.

2 Convictions... both under appeal... one given probation by a jury in the State of Texas.

I had a daughter that went to school there for 4 years... she had classes with multiple Baylor athletes... I work with a 4 year Letterwoman who married a Baylor Basketball player and hung out with football players all the time... Neither of them ever felt threatened in any way.

This is a Board that was caught having done nothing to implement the protections mandated by the recent changes to Title IX and were looking for a high profile name to pin it on.

3. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Publications Manager
    Macomb, MI
    There's truth on one hand; then there's complete and utter denial on the other hand...

4. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    This I totally buy.

as of now I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that the coach I've known for 2 decades was someone who would cover up rape...

I would love nothing more than to see the truth actually come out... and if it means that Art has fooled me and that he really did cover up Rape then he will be dead to me and I will absolutely condemn him

• Like Like x 1
  5. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Male
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny

Agree the BOR is nuts but after reading some of Briles' texts....don't think he's anywhere near squeaky clean.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    Is it denial to say that Baylor University and even the complete scum bag Dave Bliss DID NOT TRY TO COVER UP A MURDER?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    The Texts are troubling... but Texts are strange things... without context they can sound Machiavellian when they could be completely innocuous...

Think about the "Is this MY CAR!?!?" commercial...

8. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Publications Manager
    Macomb, MI
    No, I'm more just equating Baylor with what happened at Penn St, where complete and utter denial became their "alternate truth". You know, that Paterno was this good guy that had absolutely no idea what was going on and the media and the rest of the nation crucified him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WooClone15

WooClone15 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Madison, WI
    Happy, come on, we all know that's complete ******** (your entire post is, but let's just focus on this).
    First, no, this isn't hating Baylor for their success. While people here were frustrated when Baylor was doing well, there was a lot of respect as well, and hope that we could maybe find our own Art Briles. I'll be honest, I love watching Baylor football lose, the only team I hate more is Penn State (and it's damn close), and if I could have it my way you guys would never score another point, much less win another game. But it's not because of the wins. It's because of what Briles did, the BOR did, and what fans like you are continuing to do.

And sexual assault is a problem on most college campuses, you won't get any argument from me there. But what happened at Baylor was more than that.

One final thing: deep down, what do you think is more likely? That the entire country, excluding about 95 square miles in Texas, is getting it completely wrong, or that the fans and alums of a school located in the 95 sq. miles is getting it wrong?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    at PSU, an assistant coach SAW Sandusky screwing a 10 year old boy in the shower and told Joe Pa and they burried it...

If you can show me anything in the same Universe done by Baylor coaches and Briles I'll disavow them for life... 20+ years of relationship won't mean **** to me. I'll be #1 on the lynch mob...

So far, I've seen nothing that makes me believe this is the case with Briles...

Baylor had a HUGE problem in dealing with Title IX... most of it was way above the Head Football Coach level...

11. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    A lie gets half way around the world before the Truth gets its pants on...

UT started this with an article in their mouthpiece Texas Monthly... OTL picked it up and drove it home... I think because they really had it in for Art... they hated his swagger and his refusal to bend the knee and kiss the CT Network ring...

When things went south the BOR saw a way to insulate themselves and their own failings by hanging it all on football and CAB... .10 of the campus wide problem according to the Title IX coordinator...

if it's him then I'll drop him like a bad habit... I'm glad the Texas Rangers are looking into it and I hope/pray the whole truth comes out

12. WooClone15

WooClone15 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Male
    Student
    Madison, WI
    I'll believe it when I see it, but nothing you've done has given me any confidence in that

13. madguy30

madguy30 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't think it's not a concern everywhere.

Just not 50-some incidents and people thinking it's OK just as long as the football team wins, as a concern.

14. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Male
    Project Manager
    North DFW, TX
    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/13484043/chris-petersen-says-told-baylor-bears-coach-art-briles-sam-ukwuachu-violent-past

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Cyched

Cyched Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Ames
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. stormchaser2014

stormchaser2014 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Go Fightin Bruces.

17. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    I'll just go with this: If you're defending Baylor, your life has taken a wrong turn.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Lexclone

Lexclone Active Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Massachusetts
    The "We're not as bad as PSU" is a defense I hope Iowa State fans never need to use.

Not at all strong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
    Football Coach
    Houston, TX
    You realize that Peterson's statement to Briles said nothing right? The Headline and the statement are totally different.

he said he told Briles everything he knew about Sam... that was, based on the actual evidence, that Sam was homesick and needed to get back to Texas. The Headline is opinion... the actual truth is something different.

20. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Male
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    Dude.....

Just stop.

• Agree Agree x 2