Barnes

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by BuzzBuzzBuzz, Dec 1, 2007.

1. BuzzBuzzBuzz

BuzzBuzzBuzz Member

Dec 1, 2007
    AMES
  2. C.John

C.John Babysitting Debbie Downers
    Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Cubicle Dweller
    Thanks for the link.

3. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    This guy could be huge for us. Add in the local product take and could be a lot of fun to watch him in a Cyclone uniform.

4. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    He's the most gifted/athletic Bball player to come out of the state since Ricky Davis. he doesnt seem to be an arrogant *** like Davis. I grew up in Dport a few years older than Rick and from what ive seen, Harrison is a lot more level headed.

5. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    that is not really saying much tho...obvs nothing against Barnes, Davis was just a d-bag.

6. cmoore_23

cmoore_23 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    national guard
    Ankeny, IA
    barnes is an awesome player and an awesome person.. would be sweet to see in a cyclone jersey

7. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    He is the Man.

8. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member Bookie

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    Impressive, 231k rep on your first post... and how did you get negative credits?

9. BuzzBuzzBuzz

BuzzBuzzBuzz Member

Dec 1, 2007
    AMES
    It's some positive reinforcement for this perpetual "lurker." The negative credits? Just one of those weeks for me. I'll have to maybe open a lemonade stand to settle up!

10. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny

And people think that there's something wrong with the rep. system. :nah:

11. wheels686

wheels686 Active Member

Oct 25, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    We really need barnes. Im pretty sure hes gonna wait a while to committ but I think he will end up a clone.

12. djcubby

djcubby Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Bondurant
    Mac has to get guys like this to stay in state. Not like we get 'em homegrown like this very often, but it would be absolute travesty if we can't get him in a cyclone uniform

13. nickwc

nickwc Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Ames
    if coach mac is ever going to make it in the big 12 and nationwide isu has to get players of this caliber. i can see it now though..he commits, plays for a year, and then transfers to another school and does great there.

14. Landshark

Landshark Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Now, now nickwc, where's the positive thinking? Go get your positive thinking cap and put it on....:wink:

15. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    As much as we would all like to see Barnes become a Cyclone, you have to at least look at it from his perspective. Let's say Barnes continues to improve, gets to be a McD all-American, and has offers from North Carolina, Duke, UCLA and Tim Floyd at SC, and all four of these schools are ranked in the top 10. And then, what if GMac doesn't get it done in 2 more years like we are expecting, and we are still somewhere in the middle of the pack. Would you stay home and help build the program or go to a school where you might have a chance to compete for a national title? You make the call, but who could blame Barnes if he says "Wait and See"?

16. brinkch

brinkch Member

Mar 25, 2006
    He's also developing in an up-tempo system which is exactly the opposite of what ISU is promoting. He may not want to slow his game down!

17. erikbj

erikbj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2006
    compliance officer
    hiawatha, ia
    If he has the talent, he can get drafted high by playing at ISU. Fizer was the #4 pick (probably #1 if he stayed for his senior season) and Tinsely was around #13(???)...I am just saying if his goal is getting to the NBA, he may have a better chance at ISU, because he will be the man from day 1 and going to UCLA, Duke, UNC, he would be just "another" McDonald's all-american and may turn into a roll player.

18. herbicide

herbicide Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Ankeny, IA
    I'll guarantee that would change if we had players capable of playing that way.

I'm not saying it would be like what Morgan did here, but it would definitely change. See last season (somewhat) with Taylor.

19. Cydkar

Cydkar Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Like herbicide said, if we have players for up tempo, we'll play it. Mac can coach the half court game for the 90% of times that an easy bucket isn't available. We can "cater" to Barnes more than other schools can. He'd be the man here and just another man somewhere else. From there it will be his choice.

20. Oldgeezer

Oldgeezer Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Waukon, Iowa
    Exactly! When Floyd came to ISU someone asked if his slow tempo games would "sell" with ISU fans accustomed to Johnny's up-tempo. He said "Winning will sell. We will win." (paraphrased) If you watched USC yesterday, TF is now an up-tempo coach, because he has the horses to do it.