Barbara Mack Passed Away

Discussion in 'Campus Life' started by CycloneNorth, Aug 23, 2012.

1. cyrocksmypants

cyrocksmypants Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Being Totally Awesome
    Honolulu, HI
    Saw this thread popped up. Made me sad all over again.

2. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Barb was a great friend and a beautiful person...no way a person can avoid being sad thinking about her untimely death. Huge loss for ISU and for so many people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. VeloClone

VeloClone Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Okay, I get the December bump, but why out of the blue today?

4. ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Professional Pongid Pundit
    traipsing thru the treetops
    Gossamer has been mining old threads for gold...

5. Gossamer

Gossamer Active Member

Apr 10, 2014
    she pops up on my Facebook feed on occasion...thought I'd search to see if she made this forum. ****, half this forum is drivel...I'll talk about Barbara any day. :)

6. jdoggivjc

jdoggivjc Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2006
    Publications Manager
    Macomb, MI
    Barbara Mack was one of the most influential professors I had at Iowa State. We didn't agree on everything, but what she liked about me is I had a brain and I used it to think for myself instead of being a sheep that parroted everything that I was told. I kept in touch with her and sought advice from her even after I graduated, which wasn't easy as I was living 200 miles away, but her advice was crucial when after I went on a job interview in Chicago thinking it was for an advertising gig, but instead ended up being a clear Ponzi scheme. She encouraged me that I did the right thing when I walked away, and asked for their info to see what she could do legally against them. I never heard back what ever happened, but that wasn't the point - I had her respect, even after graduation.