Arnaud's 5 keys to victory vs. Baylor

Discussion in 'Football' started by ChrisMWilliams, Oct 7, 2011.

1. temperflare

temperflare Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Insurance Industry
    Bondurant
  2. ISpyCy

ISpyCy Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
    Find ways to shut down RG3 and Kendall Wright. That's pretty much the whole team right there.

3. cyatheart

cyatheart Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I just think if we protect the ball we should beat Baylor.

4. hawkeyescott

hawkeyescott Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2008
    #5 hawkeyescott, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Holy ****, I didn't realize ISU hasn't scored a point in the 1st quarter this year. That stat is amazing.

5. CycloneVet

CycloneVet Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Male
    Veterinariian
    Cedar Falls
    I say this with tongue in cheek because we shouldnt try to hurt anyone. That being said if you get an opportunity for a clean shot on RGIII please take it, a minor concussion inflicted would be nice. I was hoping K-State could get it done but they didnt.

6. cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
    Male
    Altoonaville
    You have to tackle him first! :err:

7. CapnCy

CapnCy Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    When the clock hits 0:00, have more points on the board than Baylor. Pretty simple key. :)

I think the biggest key is not beating ourselves. If we can play a clean/disciplined game, I truly think we can compete with about anyone.

It's time to have a smooth game.....and maybe have a big D touchdown or return to spark the whole team.

Welcome to "Bare" country! (hopefully crowd noise won't be a factor...but I'm sure they are gaining some fair weather fans).

Go Cyclones!

8. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    I'm tired of the same 5 keys to the game....we need to execute in those areas, they aren't exactly rocket science

9. wyldeone

wyldeone Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Play fast and smart! JET, JET, JET get all the offensive snaps we can get!!!
    Don't beat ourselves! We are a work in progress, just remember that.
    PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION! If we want to become champions on the field it starts NOW. Class and Character need to rise to the top.

I love our direction and am fine with losing to a top 20 team(Texas) this early in the season. Learn from our mistakes made in that game. Beat Baylor and get back on track!!

Identify our strengths and address our weaknesses and WE WILL BE FINE!!!

10. Clones85'

Clones85' Just Win Baby

Jan 31, 2007
    Longer we have the ball the less in sync their offense will be. Have to win the time of possession by a large margin.

11. erikbj

erikbj Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2006
    compliance officer
    hiawatha, ia
    Follow this 1 easy step and you win every time:

1. Score more points than your opponent.

All kidding aside, the only way ISU wins this game is if they knock RGIII out in the first quarter.

12. CykoAGR

CykoAGR Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Waukee, IA
    I think you could almost narrow that down to these two:

Turnover/Penalties- We MUST win the battle in both categories. If we dont I dont think the other keys matter

Running Game: AA was right on here. Our Oline is playing dinged and without 1 starter so guys that are hurt and young guys need to step up and help ShonJ, JW and Steele control the football and dominate the line.