April Fools Prep

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MartyMcCy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. MartyMcCy

MartyMcCy Active Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Something in the Friday Confessions thread got me thinking about April Fools jokes. What are some harmless pranks you plan to pull on co-workers, significant others, children, etc? My ideas this year are pretty lame, so I'm giving myself ample prep time if I decide to steal someone else's.

My only plans were to mess with my wife's phone by changing the ring tone and adding a "cracked screen" app since she drops it so often.

2. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa
    I also need some good ideas.

3. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

The only one I can remember is from grade school. I told my buddy that he was in trouble and was supposed to go to the principal's office. Turns out I got to join him there! But it was all good, as the principal was a nice guy.

4. mramseyISU

mramseyISU Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Male
    Operator Station Engineer
    Waterloo, IA
    The old post it note under the laser mouse is a classic.

5. MartyMcCy

MartyMcCy Active Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Here's a decent one from an old thread. No prep required.

6. urb1

urb1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Urbandale
    One year, I stretched saran wrap across the toilet bowl under the seat. I couldn't keep from laughing while laying in bed when I heard my very pregnant wife yell out, "What the hell"!

7. 00clone

00clone Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2011
    "Before" picture model
    Iowa City area
    Holy ****, you pulled that on a 'very pregnant' wife?!?!? You sir, are either very dumb, or very brave.

Either way...

[​IMG]

8. CyBer

CyBer Guest

He touched you didn't he?

9. oldman

oldman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Put a rubber band around the sprayer, then empty the coffee pot.

10. iacyguy

iacyguy Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    The Dirty Dodge
    poop in their car. always funny

• Like Like x 1
  11. CEcyclone

CEcyclone Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Lenexa, KS
    unscrew the shower head, place a jolly rancher inside and then re attach the shower head... theyll come out of the shower all sticky. Quick and simple.

12. wartknight

wartknight Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2006
    I typed this up a few years ago and had our office manager send it to everyone in office. Had our president and vp moving file cabinets to cover outlets. Used it 3 years later and several of the new guys in the office fell for it. Just send the email and watch the hilarity that follows-

I just recieved a call from Alan Urliss at Midamerican energy and this morning at 10:30 they will be flushing power lines. The result of this will be a highly magnetic electical dust that will be dispersed back through the electric outlets. This does not cause any health problems, but can very much effect computers and other electical appliance in your office. The most effective way to deal with this is to cover your outlets with a piece of scotch tape. They have done this many times before and never had a problem when the outlets are covered. Plugins that are being used need not be covered. The flushing should be completed by 10:45 so when it is, please immediately discard the tape in a COVERED receptacle.
    Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

13. CLONECONES

CLONECONES Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Real Estate
    RVA

why have i never thought of this

14. CtownCyclone

CtownCyclone Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Project Engineer
    Houston
    I am sad that there are several people where I work who would fall for that.

15. CtownCyclone

CtownCyclone Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Project Engineer
    Houston
    I find a piece of clear tape can work better - it hides from somebody only quickly glancing at the bottom of the mouse.

Also, for those people who "hunt and peck" whilest typing (yes, they still exist), you can switch a few keys on the keyboard and it will drive them nuts.

16. MaccloNe

MaccloNe Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    IT
    Dog **** in paper bag on the front porch works.

17. CyBer

CyBer Guest

It's **** again!

18. Naughtius

Naughtius Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Central IA
    A little Scotch tape in the phone cradle is an oldie, but a goodie, too

19. azepp

azepp Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Ankeny
    Fake feet in the only stall in our office men's room and an interesting soundtrack to go with it (used battery powered ipod player).

20. SLCyclone

SLCyclone Member

Apr 4, 2006
    A couple of years ago a co-worker had a picture of her five grandchildren, all decked out in their Hawkeye gear. She proudly displayed it on her desk. I took the picture home on March 31st and Mrs. SLCyclone photo-shopped all of the Hawkeye logos into I-State Logos and I took the new picture and placed it in the picture frame. My co-worker never noticed it until I pointed it out to her in September, the week of the ISU - Iowa football game. That is my proudest moment!

• Like Like x 1