Anyone Heard Of This Kicker Signing With ISU?

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ISU4ME, Nov 6, 2007.

1. ISU4ME

ISU4ME Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Eduardo Carmona Signs With Iowa State

It is official: From the KFSM Channel 5 Website

CHARLESTON - If patience is a virtue, Eduardo Carmona has more than many in the world today. After a very successful senior season at Charleston High School, Carmona went virtually unnoticed by most college coaches. However, one year later, Eddie is finally set to try out the biggest state in college athletics.

Maybe his nickname should be "Lucky Eddie," because it was luck this summer that put Carmona in the position he's in today. In 2005, Carmona helped lead the Tigers to a state championship as the team's kicker. Carmona was steady and reliable from most distances on the field, so much he was named MVP of the championship game. He was regarded as one of the top prep kickers in the state, which is a very short list but received no offers for a division one school.

In the fall of 2006, Carmona was in Goodman, Mississippi at Holmes Community College but didn't play football, instead Eddie was redshirted his freshman year. This summer while still in Mississippi, Carmona used a player combine to his advantage and after a performance many back home in Charleston were accustomed to seeing, coaches from all over came calling.

On Friday, Carmona signed on to play at Iowa State University. Charleston Head Coach Doug Louchridge says all indications point at Eddie being able to compete for the starting job. A job, if all goes well, Lucky Eddie could keep for four seasons thanks to his redshirt year in community college.

Cyclone players are to report to Ames, IA on July 31st. Practice begins the following day.

2. thunderdave

thunderdave POOTMFS

Apr 14, 2006
    Really, we're the biggest state?

3. SuperCy

SuperCy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Superhero. Founding memb
    Smallville/Metropolis
    I'm guessing that's supposed to be stage.

4. bjwitt

bjwitt Member

Mar 6, 2007
    SDR
    Ames
    I'm glad we got a kicker but how good is he going to be?

5. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

International status problems? Grrrrrr....:arghh::mad::arghh:

6. 4429 mcc

4429 mcc Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wall Street
    That article is from July right? Wouldnt this be announced already?

7. mwitt

mwitt Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    If he signed with us in July, one would think that he'd be listed on the roster, which he is not.

8. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US
    That story is kind of weird. So he was suppose to play this year? The NCAA screwed us again?

9. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    I've heard rumblings that we had a kicker set to come in last summer, but he ran into clearing house problems so he returned to a Juco to get them resolved. Supposedly the problems have been resolved. This could very well be the guy. He should be a 3 to play 3 guy.

10. wgleason

wgleason Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Des Moines
    The thread is from July 26 '07 so I'm guessing he won't be a clone.

11. MaxPower57

MaxPower57 Active Member

Mar 30, 2006
    could this be the summer's "big news" that fell through!! lol

12. jose

jose Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Here is his scout profile for 2008, didn't see one on rivals site for him.
    I like the biography saying "Exceptional kicker/punter according to his coach"

Scout.com: Eduardo Carmona Profile

13. KMAC_ATTACK

KMAC_ATTACK Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2007
    Waterloo
    If you read further down in that post, he has not signed. There appears to be a problem with the individuals international paperwork. According to the post later, it says the schollie will remain on the table and that they will await the ruling to determine if he's eligible.

Must have some skills because Mahoney and Dimke both have us listed, although neither have been offered a schollie yet.....wonder if thats awaiting the info on this kid????

14. letsgostate

letsgostate Member

Nov 4, 2006
    He must be good...and we can use some good kickers.

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    You mean we could have won a couple more games this year if the NCAA had not checked up on this guy? This is too much the NCAA Clearinghouse needs to go to the Nobody Could Access Acceptance (NCAA) Outhouse.

16. djcubby

djcubby Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Male
    Bondurant
    He has a bio from 2006 on rivals, but it doesn't list any offers or commitments.

17. mfelske

mfelske Active Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Engineer
    Wisconsin
    According to isuisu.com, he took an unofficial visit here on 10/12:
    Eddie Carmona (5-11, 205) Charleston, AR (unofficial 10/12)