Anybody watch Two-a-Days ? - an ISU twist

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by ChrisMWilliams, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
  2. kcclones

kcclones Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Male
    Sales
    Kansas City
    bring him on somehow with us and lets start gettin some of the recruits

3. CyForPresident

CyForPresident Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    #3 CyForPresident, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
    Riiiiiiiight. Two-a-days is The Real World's take on sports.

Its good to see that Chizik is using his connections down south though. Thanks Chris, by the way, whatever happened to Brent Blum?

4. Michael Lastuvka

Aug 21, 2006
    Des Moines
    I'd take Propst on as an assistant, the Chiz should look into that. From what I've seen on MTV (granted, it's subject of massive editing), his work merits a shot at the college game.

5. A-town Cy

A-town Cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Huxley
    That'd be sweet. But he said he is staying at least one more year.

6. arganbright2

arganbright2 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2006
    who cares about Bret Blum. That kid is on the fast track to be the next Dickie V or Ron Jaworski. Can't stand his voice or his writing

7. wallace

wallace Member

Apr 10, 2006
    If you want to rip him....at least spell his name right.

8. 06_CY

06_CY Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Bring him on as an assistant

9. Cypwr

Cypwr Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Amekeny
    He was cohost on Cotlar and company this week while the normal guy had the week off.

10. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    I'd take him on my staff...I am sure Chizik has some similar thoughts/feelings.

11. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    If you want to hire a tremendous HS coach that has a HS program that both wins and produces a significant number of college players...that man is J.T. Curtis. He coaches John Curtis Christian in River Ridge, LA. They win the state championship nearly every year and typically produce double digit DI prospects (Joe McKnight was the top guy this year) every year. By the way, John Curtis kicked Hoover High's *** this past season!!

12. Schroed

Schroed Member

Apr 10, 2006
    I totally DISagree. Every now and then, he would write articles in the Iowa State Daily and they were always the funniest articles in it. I can understand how you wouldnt like him if you want your articles to be nothing but stats and serious sports talk.

Anyone can write reports on what is going on with the team. Brent is actually creative and makes his articles entertaining.

I'm guessing you just don't get some of the humor in the artcles but just because you don't like his writing doesn't mean you have to bash him.

13. Cyclone62

Cyclone62 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Oldpeopleville
    I'll give you that Blum was a decent writer in the daily, but that isn't saying much. Most people on that staff I wouldn't want around reporting my bowel movements, let alone a real story. The Daily is the best toilet paper on campus, it's just too bad they don't have their stacks in the restroom instead of that *** sand-paper.

14. Schroed

Schroed Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Let me say that brent's articles were the only one's I looked farward to reading for more than just the information.

I agree; the rest of the daily certainly isn't anything to write home about.

15. Cydar

Cydar Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2006
    Perhaps we can get Sean Keeler to report your bowel movements. :baffled5wh:

16. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2006
    Tucson, AZ
    I care about him. He's a true Cyclone fan, a good writer that is both insightful and funny and a great person that I've run across a few times through work and classes.

I really don't read the Daily much and when I pick up a copy, I jump around and pick and choose articles. And as spotty as my reading habits are, Brent's columns always managed to be on that short list I read.

He's a good talent and has a bright future; I feel he does a great job at what he does.