Any word on this?

Discussion in 'Football' started by jmb, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    I was reading hn board there is a rumor their locker room from last night was robbed: cash, credit cards, cell phones. Any truth to this? How is that possible?

2. tyler24

tyler24 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    You saying Berryman is back in town?

3. cyclonepower

cyclonepower Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2006
    WDM
    Talk about a bad night! Wouldn't there be some sort of security during the game?

4. jmb

jmb Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Nice. But no they are claiming their locker room was robbed.

5. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    If true, that would only put the icing on the cake to a great night, wouldn't it? A horrible performance by our football, team, a warning from the officials to quit blaring loud music while Iowa approaches the line of scrimmage (a cheap and dirty tactic), and then we embarrass ourselves and our school even more by robbing their stuff in their locker room.

You can't make this crap up folks. I sure hope this isn't true. If so, we truly need to offer our apologies to Iowa, and probably pay for anything that was taken as well.

Just another reason this series needs to end IMO. It creates way too much hatred and bad behavior IMO.

6. cyclonepower

cyclonepower Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2006
    WDM
    Doesn't he still have some eligibility left? We could really use him

7. tyler24

tyler24 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Damn, cus we could really use him. I did see Tiller in town though.

8. Rabbuk

Rabbuk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    They steal our dignity we steal their wallets.

9. Gorm

Gorm Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Male
    Amana, IA
    Lets be honest, just because you have a rivalry doesn't mean that is the reason you steal from them. I mean...if you know about security issues, why not wait for Texas. Surely, there is more money with those guys...right? :twitcy:

10. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Active Member

May 27, 2012
    Speaking as someone who has worked with athletic's security before, I highly doubt this. The rooms are locked by the supervisor, and security is posted in-between use, ESPECIALLY during big games.

Why you believe anything posted on Hawkeye nation is beyond me.

11. Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride Thought Police
    Staff Member

Lol

12. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    No, but when we travel to Iowa, our players get stuff thrown at them too from the Iowa fans. It's just stupid. If the fans can't be more civil, on both sides, then don't even play the game anymore. It's just dumb.

13. Judoka

Judoka Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Timbuktu
    It's the Ames way.

14. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    If this story is true, then bad on Iowa State University.

But if it's just made up, then bad on whoever started this stupid rumor. Why can't Iowa fans just be happy about their victory? Why would they have to make something up just to make ISU look even worse?

15. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2009
    Accountant
    Altoona
    Marc Morehouse said he saw police in the lockerroom. that's probably not a good sign.

16. #16 HawkfromNorwalk, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
    I posted this on HN. Two long time subscribers on the HawkeyeReport pay board are the ones claiming they have sources that corroborate the accusations. Also there apparently was a Facebook post early this morning from Iowa player Nate Maier saying his phone was missing after the game.

17. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Police or Security? Big difference. I think Security would be a given. But Police would be a bad sign.

If this indeed did happen, Iowa could very well sue Iowa State for damages. I would think it's ISU's responsibility to provide security for opposing teams, right?

Wow. Talk about a program going in the wrong direction. We embarrass ourselves on the field, and now even worse, we can't even provide a safe and secure environment for traveling teams. What a joke we are right now.

18. Skidoosh

Skidoosh Active Member

May 27, 2012
    Until it's actually confirmed by a source, then I will continue to argue against it. I know the security we go through to protect personal belongings and lengths we go for the security of players after games. While it may be entirely possible, I find it more likely that trollers be trolling.

19. 1100011CS

1100011CS Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Marshalltown
    Why do you punish yourself?

20. clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    I certainly hope it's not true. If so, we will be all over the headlines as a complete joke of a school. And it will be deserved too.