Andrew Long arrested last Sunday

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by ChrisMWilliams, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ChrisMWilliams

ChrisMWilliams Publisher
    Staff Member Bookie

Apr 10, 2006
    Male
    Hack Blogger
    Bondurant, Iowa
  2. Clonehomer

Clonehomer Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Again!!? When will he learn. At this point Jackson has to be furious. I know he's a freshman, but Jackson's got to drop the hammer and let him know that any more and he's gone (assuming he's not already).

3. nfrine

nfrine Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    [​IMG]Photo taken of Long after meeting with Coach...

4. Tre4ISU

Tre4ISU Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Ninja
    Estherville
    How does a D-1 wrestler run and get caught by the Ames PD? I ran numerous times and they never got me. I was in no way fast or shifty.

5. heyguy85

heyguy85 Active Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Teacher
    Iowa
    The guy likes to party. In three years people will ask why he never beat McDonough. It's pretty obvious he's more of a partier than the Hawk.

6. CycoCyclone

CycoCyclone Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Male
    Business Analyst
    Urbandale
    With all the parties in Ames, why need a fake id to go to the bars? Get it together, son.

7. 2020cy

2020cy Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Not saying that couldn't have happened to me, but he has got to be smarter about this, especially with one big strike already.

8. isuno1fan

isuno1fan Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Clive, Iowa
    Very disappointing.

9. SPOONER

SPOONER Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Maybe if KJ would have given him an ACTUAL suspension after his last dust up with alcohol and fighting with police officers he would have thought a little harder about this. I like KJ--a lot--but not suspending Andrew after what happened last year was a mistake. KJ is pretty new to this and still finding his way so from that standpoint I'm OK with it.

BTW, where are the guys who beat me down a few weeks ago when I pointed out our wrestlers DO make the police blotters?

10. Gitwitit

Gitwitit Member

Dec 31, 2008
    He'll get suspended now but be back in time for Iowa! KJ's a real hard a$$!:no:

11. EYE4CY

EYE4CY Member

Feb 15, 2010
    This is just stupid. Come on man. Running from the cops, underage drinking, fake id...will this kid ever learn. The team should have an a** kicking session on him. And he got caught by a female police officer. Looks like he needs to be running more and drinking less. And how is he going to be making weight with all the beer weight he is trying to put on?

12. IcSyU

IcSyU Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Rochester, MN
    I hinted way back when of certain wrestlers needing to get their **** together both in and out of season....Andrew was the first one I was pointing at. All the talent in the world, and he has the right attitude in the wrestling room, but he himself is just a *******. He's VERY lucky he hasn't gotten OWI yet.

13. Clonefan32

Clonefan32 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I'll never understand this. Don't get me wrong, I did more than my fair share of drinking in college, but that was largely motivated by me not having **** to do on weekends. I can't imagine having an uncontrolable urge to go out and get drunk when the risk was so high. If I got a public intoxicaiton I spent the night in jail and hoped the folks didn't happen to come across the police report...but with this kid, I just don't think the drinking is worth it.

• Like Like x 1