Ames Saturday night

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by clonefreek, Aug 23, 2010.

1. clonefreek

clonefreek Member

Jun 24, 2009
    systems engineer
    ames
    Was anyone out in Ames saturday night? I was walking back to my friends car at bar close and we were walking towards cyclone and there were about 10 cop cars, people all around the street and cops everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened and if any football players were involved because i literally ran into every single football player i could think of on the team.

Austin Arnaud was denied access to Paddys because the bars were so packed. One of his friends tried to pull have respect for your quarterback...that **** doesnt need to happen here its not iowa city, wait in line like everyone else.

2. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
  3. GeronimusClone

GeronimusClone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Communications
    Des Moines, IA
    He's no Snooki.
    Name droppers are sad.

4. tman24

tman24 Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2008
    I guess you didn't have friends that worked at bars did you? I got my friends into 'packed' bars all the time. Even after bars closed we kept drinking at one.

5. GeronimusClone

GeronimusClone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Communications
    Des Moines, IA
    I did. I didn't name drop, just walked in.

6. A-town Cy

A-town Cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Huxley
    Was that your first night out in Ames?

7. CYdTracked

CYdTracked Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2006
    IT
    Grimes, IA
    I hate crowded bars, hard to hold conversations with all the noise, takes forever to get drinks, and you are constantly getting bumped into if you aren't lucky enough to find a place to sit down at. I'll take a less crowded dive bar any time over some "meat market" bar with expensive watered down drinks.

8. Al_4_State

Al_4_State Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Driftless Region
    I was there, at a buddys housewarming keg. When we saw the bar lines, we just said "**** it" and went back to the keg.