All I want for Christmas...

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by guitarchitect7, Dec 5, 2007.

1. guitarchitect7

guitarchitect7 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Photographer
    I thought I would start a fun thread of what people are asking for for Christmas. I know the holiday isn't all about gifts, but hey thats what mkes it fun.

I really just want money so I can maybe go get a new digital SLR camera. My little digital ELPH doesn't do the trick.

2. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US
    I want a new job with less stress.
    I would also like to get a remote car starter installed.

3. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Male
    Urbandale
    Hmmm... I don't think I'm asking for anything. Maybe I'll get some UFC/Pride DVDs...

4. brianhos

brianhos Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Computer geek
    Trenchtown
    oooh, I want a remote start also.

And a weekend off, just time to watch sports and have no kids yelling at me.

5. HandSanitizer

HandSanitizer Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2006
    NA
    Central US

I think i will have some of that also......

6. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Jeff is getting a Kegerator and I don't know what I want. It is a first for me not to have a long list for him.

7. guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
    Photographer
    I got my less stress job in June, so maybe Christmas came early for me. I guess I can't get my camera!

8. CyGal

CyGal Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WDM
    Gift certificate to a spa for a massage and mani/pedi!! Maybe throw in a haircut and hilites with that!

9. price26

price26 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2006
    CyRide Driver
    Ames, IA
    I want a new (used) car.

Preferably a Monte Carlo SS.

In the reasonable price range I wouldn't mind some Under Armour or new golf irons.

10. guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
    Photographer
    See I have never understood the whole car thing. If it was my spouse who got it, I would go nuts! "Sure go off and get us more bills to pay for". Unless the parents really love me so I dont have to worry about payments!

11. A-town Cy

A-town Cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Huxley
    A final four men's basketball team at Iowa State University.

12. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    massage, haircut and highlights gift cert - I just bought that for a huge discount at the new place on Hickman across from Living History Farms.

13. CyGal

CyGal Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WDM
    My mother-in-law got a gift cert for a spa last year for Christmas. I've been wanting one ever since. Problem is finding a good massage therapist. Most of the ones I've been to are wimps and the only good one was looney.

14. 4VR4CY

4VR4CY Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Ankeny, IA
    Had that problem too. Got a cert for Spa at West Glen one time. Wasn't impressed.

Where do you live? I have a guy that does it in home up here in Ankeny (South side of Ankeny). It is a SUPER price. (No lame comments. He is up to par.)

15. ISUFan22

ISUFan22 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Male
    Healthcare IT Project Manager
    Denver, CO
    To spend some quality time with our families and friends that we may not get to see all the time. Good food and great times.

And of course, some time with the Mrs. relaxing, enjoying the winter holiday.

I'm not a gift person and really never have been. I enjoy buying for the little cousins but that's about it. Mrs. ISUFan22 and I have not exchanged anything of substance in a while now. Instead we get something for the house, go someplace before/after the holiday, enjoy a nice dinner, etc.

16. URBCLONE

URBCLONE Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2006
    project management
    Urbandale
    You're the man. How did you pull that off? I get roasted at home for suggesting this.

PS. All I want for Christmas is a better 2008 (financially, good health for my mom, better play from my teams etc. etc.)

17. cyclonez7

cyclonez7 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Ames/Coralville
    I want a 5 game win streak for MBB.

18. SuperCy

SuperCy Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Superhero. Founding memb
    Smallville/Metropolis
    We do the same thing. We get something for the house that we might want, but it's been years since we actually exchanged anything.

We don't have any kids, so our 6 nephews get spoiled more than they should. It's fun though.

19. A-town Cy

A-town Cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Huxley
    I need your gift for me to get mine. (once we reach the NCAA tournament of course.)

20. CyGal

CyGal Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2006
    WDM
    WDM. I just searched for a new place to get my hair cut and wondered upon lots of nice Salon & Spa places. They look nice!

I've tried doing this for years, yet if I buy him one small gift, he thinks he needs to spend at least twice as much as me. Worked for our birthdays though. I don't even think we went out for dinner!