After watching the game again

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by ChiefCy, Feb 26, 2012.

1. ChiefCy

ChiefCy Member

Aug 4, 2008
    It is an amazing win when you consider they did not play that well. Ejin misses a layup then Allen gets a steal and misses a dunk. Don't mention the Ejim -White_ Christoffersen in bounds debacle. Nearly 7 & 1/2 minutes to open the 2nd half without a basket. Although MacGee had a couple of good plays, overall Booker, Gibson, and McGee did not have real good games off the bench. Christoffersen is the only one that had a really good game and he even had some bad turnovers. White missed a number of in close shots. The Refs would not call their guy for a goal tend or foul. Poorly officiated game as a whole. But they still won.

2. bawbie

bawbie Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I thought there was a 10-12 minute stretch in the first half where we played about as well as we can, and everyone was involved. I think we played 9 players in that stretch.

3. cyclonedave25

cyclonedave25 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Sports Performance Coach
    Chicago, IL
    That in bounds debacle was absolutely disgusting. Just throw the freaking ball in. We weren't even being pressured, yet we still managed to mess up an in bounds pass.

4. tejasclone

tejasclone Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2006
    Technical Writer
    Austin, TX
    It seemed to me that after KSU went on their run to come back and take the lead, the turning point for our guys was when Babb hit that 3. Got him out of his shooting funk and put the spring back in everyone's step.

5. Clones21

Clones21 Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Des Moines
    Anyone know where I can watch the replay of the game?

6. jsb

jsb Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2008
    You can watch a replay on espn3 or it will be posted on cyclones.com (if you have a membership) sometime this week.

7. cyclones500

cyclones500 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2010
    Male
    writer/editor
    Michigan
    I thought the first half, overall, went as well it possibly could, considering the offense looked off-kilter about half the time, and players had to sit to conserve fouls.

Second half opened as dreadfully as possible.

With the exception of how it happened (and when), the first 25 minutes of that game had a lot in common with the game @KU.

This time, ISU absorbed the punch.

8. andybernard

andybernard Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I agree it was a huge basket for us...but to say making one shot the whole game means he's out of his funk, I wholeheartedly disagree. Great defender. Great player. Just struggling offensively at the moment.

9. istater7

istater7 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    It's Christopherson.

10. MLawrence

MLawrence Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Anybody else think that is going to be a not top on Friday? Either that or Royce's airball of a free throw?

11. Clone9

Clone9 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Scotty scored 29. Nuff said.

12. kingcy

kingcy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2006
    Male
    Farm
    Menlo, Iowa
    Just think how good this team would be if all 4 shooters were on, they played tough D all game, and always made the extra pass.

13. josh4isu

josh4isu Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Iowa
    pronounced christopher-son

14. CyBer

CyBer Guest

According to ESPN it's pronounced Christopher

sen.

15. josh4isu

josh4isu Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Iowa
    after watching the game over here's what i realized

1) dudes shouldnt be prancing around in purple.
    2) will spradling has acne
    3) jordan henriquez is probably an illegal immigrant
    4) frank martin is on speed
    5) LSD is a hell of a drug
    7) go cyclones. scotts a thug. RACK city

16. Enginerd

Enginerd Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    It's my second favorite win of the year and arguable our most important but this was not even close to our best game this year. In fact, the last two games we have not been hitting on all cylinders but we won anyway...which is both worrisome and reassuring. If we peak right we can do some damage.

17. Goothrey

Goothrey Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Student
    Austin, Tx
    I thought it was a great team effort. Very unselfish, they made the extra pass. It didn't always pay off but often times it did. During that stretch to start the second half, it wasn't like we played poorly. We just didn't make baskets. There were some missed wide open shots in that stretch.

18. Ficklone02

Ficklone02 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    CPA
    City by the Bay
    After rewatching it myself....KState is a cheap *** team. If the refs called all the fouls on them that they should, Frank would have to sub himself in towards the end of the game.

19. cstrunk

cstrunk Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Field Engineer
    Tyler, TX
    I listened to most of the game on the Cyclones app. I missed the first part of the 2nd half. I am very surprised as to how well we play in the first half. We really took KSU out of their game and we were on fire. I didn't catch the first part of the 2nd half, but I listened to the end and was just excited to come out on top.

I just watched the game on ESPN3 replay. I was impressed with our play through most of the game, but we definitely could have played much better which leaves me pleased that we were able to win and gives me hope that we can upset Missouri or Baylor before the Big 12 Tournament.

20. Erik4Cy

Erik4Cy Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2007
    Male
    Home Mortgage
    Urbandale, IA
    Maybe I shouldn't ask, but what's #6?