Aaron White

Discussion in 'Mens Basketball' started by cyclone101, Dec 13, 2013.

1. cyclone101

cyclone101 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Central IA
    He played one hell of a game for Iowa tonight. I can't stand the guy, mainly because he is a major thorn in our side. But his play tonight was spectacular and I feel he deserves some recognition despite our rivalry. 25 points 17 rebounds. That is an impressive performance. Great win by the Cyclones, they toughed it out and were able to come away with a win. Kudos to White and the rest of the Hawkeyes on a great game. I think this rivalry is going to become very big. Iowa is a good team, and will have a very good year.

2. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Cedar Falls
    At least we only see him one more year. They gotta deal with Niang 2 times.

3. shagcarpetjesus

shagcarpetjesus Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
  4. clone4life82

clone4life82 Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Enginerd
    Ankeny
    He's not really that talented... Just very quick for his size, sneaky, and a very heady player. Knows how to get positioning on opponents, find holes in the defense without the ball, and how to get open.

5. mikem

mikem Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    He's a good player, especially in the open court. We let him get going by not matching their energy, and he was tremendous from there.

Really understand his role, and what he can and can't do

6. M6WS6

M6WS6 Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Engineer
    Ames, IA
    Yeah, that sounds like a player who isn't talented at all...

7. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    That's more like Larry Bird. Obviously, White is nowhere near the Bird's level, but Bird was probably the best player in history at using craftiness to create opportunities for himself and his teammates. Neither player was/is unathletic, and Bird obviously has a HUGE edge in shooting ability. But White is very, very good at moving without the ball and finding holes in the defense to create easy opportunities. He gets so many of those easy dunks and layups for a reason.

8. Let's Go State

Let's Go State Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2007
    Far Western Iowa
    Amazing athlete and smart player.

looks like Gollum from The Lord of the rings... But the boys got game

9. greatshu

greatshu Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2007
    KS
    You are nuts. Did you just watch what he did against Iowa State tonight? He may not the most athletically gifted player, but he sure knows how to move around without the ball and makes good smart shots. I call that "talent".

• Like Like x 1
  10. JohnnyFive

JohnnyFive Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    White impressed me. Woodbury, again, did not.

11. cyatheart

cyatheart Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    He was by far the best player on the floor tonight, all around player anyway. That said, what a pathetic defensive effort on him, two years in a row. Just awful. You gotta know here he is and get a body on him. We have some major major holes to fill defensively.

Same as the last couple years, oftentimes we just don't play hard enough, long enough defensively to be an elite team. time will tell if this team can.

12. AuH2O

AuH2O Active Member

Sep 7, 2013
    If Aaron White is not talented, then nobody on the court tonight is. He was taller than anybody on our team by 2-3" at all times and was destroying us in transition and blowing by our D all night. His outside shot is not very consistent and last year he had a couple games where he disappeared, but otherwise he's really good. Frankly I think Hogue is our only guy in the rotation that is as athletic.

I can't stand the dude and the way he flails and flops to draw fouls, but all week CF posters keep talking about White as if he's Ellerman.

13. CYCLNST8

CYCLNST8 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Male
    Urbandale
    We have to deal with the Ginger nightmare in another matchup?? Good grief. He's a GREAT player. Probably even NBA worthy. I don't care what anyone says.

14. Go2Guy

Go2Guy Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Chemical Engineer
    Houston, TX
    As i said in the other AW thread; he finishes what others create. he can catch lobs and dunk.

15. MaccloNe

MaccloNe Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    IT
    The ginger dork always plays hunched over. Why?

16. mikeiastat

mikeiastat Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Computer Programmer
    Madison, WI
    #16 mikeiastat, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Awwe, come on. The Turdberry asssasist was the play of the game for me. Thank you DK for giving us a blooper reel fun shot to play for years to come. I laughed for 10 minutes after that thing of beauty. Way to punk the hawks. Fran should have saved that tank of gas because at this point, woodferry hasn't even been worth the 6 hours of driving. But hey, Fran is tearing it up on the recruiting trail.

Now white. Played well, but our guys played about the worst defensed they've played all year on white. I think that was a combination of him playing well and making our d look weak and our guys not respecting him quite to the extent they should have.

17. DFWClone

DFWClone Member

Aug 19, 2013
    Iowa State homers can hate on Aaron White all they want. I would gladly take him on ISU and anyone saying they wouldn't is lying. He's a boss on the court.

Of course he's no Niang, but still, he's good.

18. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    He creates an awful lot of those opportunities for himself to give his teammates easy assists. Guys who know how to move without the ball do that.

19. Clones32

Clones32 Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I think this will become the norm in the rivalry with each team winning at home. White and Niang were the 2 best players on the court tonight and it wasn't even close IMO. Although Ejim had the quietest 22 points I've ever seen.

20. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    He's not pretty to look at, but he can ball. He plays hard, fast and above the rim. I would take him in a second. Anyone that thinks he isn't good is nuts. End of thread.