A few rants...

Discussion in 'Football' started by Beyerball, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    Messingham..Buh bye. Sam R there is a reason you were second string db. Jansen being out hurt. Hope Farniok is not hurt bad or we may not win a game, he's that important. UNI is a very solid team but we had no business losing to them. We have a ton of talent at rb and wr and TE and our play calling was atrocious. it's a young team no doubt so here's to hoping that it is just a case of not enough experience. I guess now we know what it is like when you lose 7 defensive starters. SR qb is going to be just fine he's not the issue, sure he made a few bad decisions but he was running for his life at times. Just a frustrating night to be a cyclone.

2. IowaStateClones

IowaStateClones Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Engineer
    Next time you soil your pants, don't come and spread it on the message board.

3. Beyerball

Beyerball Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Sales
    Texas
    why? that's what a msg board is for. Get over yourself and don't be on a msg board if you expect all pretty things after a loss like that.

4. ISUpadre

ISUpadre Member

Aug 2, 2013
    USA! USA!
    [​IMG]

5. GarthCloyd

GarthCloyd New Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I don't think ISU has a ton of talent at RB and WR or TE. At least not from what I saw and all the other games I watched today. Nothing but hype IMO. Average at best and that is being generous. Sad but true.

6. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I would say losing to UNI at home in year 5 of what is possibly the best HC to roam the sidelines of ISU since Earl Bruce is a great time to soil one's pants.

7. snowcraig2.0

snowcraig2.0 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Male
    Engineer
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Is CPR that good? I wouldn't say he is better than Dan yet, based off results.

8. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    Not impressed with 20 points for the offense. This was a team effort.

9. ISUKyro

ISUKyro Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I love the man, but in year 5 I expect to be able to beat UNI.

10. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    Yeah, this is year 5 folks. Why are we a young and inexperienced team going into year 5?

This game was no different than last year's Liberty Bowl. We got pushed around like nobody's business. And I agree with the poster that said we don't have good RB's, WRs, or TEs either. Nobody is any good in my eyes anymore until you prove it on the field.

A UNI fan came on here weeks ago and said that David Johnson was better than any of ISU's RBs, and he got ripped a new one. Well, he was dead right. He was EASILY the best RB on the field tonight.

We could easily not win a game this year. Name me one other team we face that is worse than UNI. There isn't one. As Bruns said after the game... UNI just has "guys" for DE's, and they put TONS of pressure on our QB. Most of the teams we will face have "freaks", as Bruns put it, playing DE. They will absolutely destroy poor Sam Richardson.

11. clonedude

clonedude Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Male
    He's not. Everybody is buying tickets because they think he will be better than Dan.... but truth is.... he isn't.

Not getting rid of Mess was a huge mistake. Our offense under Rhoads has been abysmal. And 20 pts against UNI means it might even be worse this year.

I thought Rhoads was some master motivator, but if he can't get his team up to beat UNI, then I question even that.

12. Luth4Cy

Luth4Cy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Ames, IA
    Injuries weren't helpful but we should have still been able to win. I do agree that play calling and offensive strategy were not very effective.

13. delt4cy

delt4cy Well-Known Member

May 11, 2006
    Portfolio Mgr
    Milwaukee, WI
    The utter embarrassment is the fact that UNIs outsized and outmatched line put nonstop pressure in the backfield. On the flip side the ISU Dline hardly got a push and the LBs misread everything all night. Not trying to be dramatic but I hope underclassmen get snaps ahead of dead weight. Iowa will rack up 400 rushing yards.

Oh and Pollard, here's a novel idea, lets schedule a random crap box FCS team from not the midwest with no rooting interests against ISU other than an early season payday.

14. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Omaha
    We will hear about this for the next 20 years.

15. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Omaha
    Massachusetts would be good.

16. ripvdub

ripvdub Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Sk-Ankeny
    why did the keep Sam R(db) in?

shouldn't have tried those 2 fg's

Lick should never play again.

defense was way worse than offense, which i bad

17. Tornado man

Tornado man Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Ames, IA
    Neither would I, pal...Dan never lost to freaking UNI

18. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Asst. Super.
    Roland
    On that thought I don't think CPR would have **** the bed like your hero Danny Mac did in 04/05.

19. dbodeenisudm

dbodeenisudm Member

Oct 26, 2006
  20. Skyh13

Skyh13 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2006
    ISU doesn't have a ton of talent anywhere.

ISU has some talent.