NFL: ______________ is still fine

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Re: Vikings are still fine

The Vikes still are a dangerous team, the O-Line looked better with Sullivan back, The vikes should have beat the Pack last night...but I agree no one in the North looks very good, certainly not the Bears, so the Vikes still can come back and win this division...But they better start next week!
The division isn't what I'm worried about.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

Same thing for the Vikings. They get the easier games now. Packers still have to play the Jets. People need to look at the big picture

Packers have:

@ Jets
Dallas
@ Minnesota
@ Atlanta
SF
@ Detriot
@ NE
Giants
Chicago

Assuming they lose 3 of the next 4, I think they finish the year 3-2 possibly 4-1. That puts them at 8-8 or 9-7. They have a big advantage right now as Minnesota is 1-2 in the division while the Pack are 2-1 and currently own the tie breaker. Assuming they lose at Minnesota and win at Detriot and home against Chicago, that will make them 4-2 in the North. That will make it VERY difficult for Minnesota to win the North.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010

The Vikes still are a dangerous team, the O-Line looked better with Sullivan back, The vikes should have beat the Pack last night...but I agree no one in the North looks very good, certainly not the Bears, so the Vikes still can come back and win this division...But they better start next week!

Tavern-Vike?? I suppose you would say they don't ever actually lose despite what the scoreboard shows. Sometimes they beat themselves or get screwed

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

I honestly think the Vikings may be fine and still win the division too. The Bears are done after losing the last 2. They needed those to have any shot at the division. Packers are the team to beat right now, but Vikes have a favorable schedule left.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010

Tavern-Vike?? I suppose you would say they don't ever actually lose despite what the scoreboard shows. Sometimes they beat themselves or get screwed

Why should you be surprised? When you have a game where the Vikings get a TD incorrectly overturned and where the Packers get away with one, and in the end, the margin of victory or defeat is that close, of course you'll have fans pointing to the mistakes/bad luck their team was on the wrong end of. Never mind the mistakes the Packers made.

The Vikings were terrible last night, and I'll point specifically to the Favre pick-6 as the reason we lost. Maybe it isn't fair, but when the other team wins by less than a TD margin, one has to think that a gift-wrapped TD might have been the difference.

Another thing I was upset about? Whoever it was that decided not to try and get something, anything out of the last minutes of the half was an idiot. It wasn't the offense, I can tell you that much. I think the whole unit was out there shaking their heads and holding up their hands in a "WTF are we doing?!" motion. After watching Iowa **** away an opportunity to score what likely would have been a game-clinching TD following a Badger interception inside the 30yd line with seemingly conservative play calling, I've had my fill of the whole "Don't play to win. Play not to lose." mentality.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago

The Vikes still are a dangerous team, the O-Line looked better with Sullivan back,

I wouldn't be so sure about the O-Line. The Packers were playing with 3 active D-Lineman the entire game. Named Raji, C.J. Wilson, and Jarius Wynn. Besides Raji who is still really fresh, have you heard of the other two?

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Agreed. Vikes have had some tough losses against some very good teams. The wild card now is Favre's health. If he can tough it out, I still have high hopes for the rest of the season.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Agreed. Vikes have had some tough losses against some very good teams. The wild card now is Favre's health. If he can tough it out, I still have high hopes for the rest of the season.
Why do you think that if he can tough it out he'll magically do better? He's been pretty terrible this year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'd like a Cybookie on this one, because I'm all in on the Vikings not making the playoffs.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Why do you think that if he can tough it out he'll magically do better? He's been pretty terrible this year.

You're misunderstanding my comment.

Tough it out meaning - he can stay healthy enough to play.

I'm not worried about his production. That will take care of itself as O-line continues to improve, Rice gets back into the lineup, and the schedule gets easier.

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Cowboys are still fine

People go a little overboard after losses. It was no secret that the beginning stretch of the Cowboys schedule was one of the toughest in the league. So why are people going to so crazy after this start?

iraqiinformationminister.jpg

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
Re: Cowboys are still fine

Agreed I can't believe people are overreacting so much. The cowboys are fine.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

I'd argue the Cowboys are better off now that Romo is done for the season.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE

The Cowboys are fine? Really? Even with Romo, starting 1-5 is not good.:no: Kitna isn't terrible, but as sloppy as this game tonight is, I can't see Jerry as loving how the season is going. NFC sucks though, so 8-8 might get you to the playoffs. Great scoring of garbage points from sloppy Giants play, but giving up 41 isn't going to win many games.

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010

The Cowboys are fine? Really? Even with Romo, starting 1-5 is not good.:no: Kitna isn't terrible, but as sloppy as this game tonight is, I can't see Jerry as loving how the season is going. NFC sucks though, so 8-8 might get you to the playoffs. Great scoring of garbage points from sloppy Giants play, but giving up 41 isn't going to win many games.

"Doesn't-get-it" guy

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa

I see the sarcasm detector is offline. I thought after the the OP's post that it was implied but I should know better. I'm pretty sure nobody thinks that cowboys are fine. They are done this season. I'll try to remember to put the jimlad next time.