7 point underdogs

Discussion in 'CF Archive Bin' started by wonkadog, Mar 6, 2007.

1. wonkadog

wonkadog Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Ames, IA
    Just saw we're 7 point underdogs to OU. Guess they're giving them some points for "homecourt" advantage. I see this game ending up closer than this...any thoughts??

2. htownclone

htownclone Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Teacher/Coach
    meh...I dunno, I think the game will be close. I also think that we should be dogs going into the game too. I don't disagree with that, it just sucks it's so close to home for them.

3. tigershoops31

tigershoops31 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Ames
    The Aggies are the ones that should really be p-o-ed. They are the #2 seed and have to (probably) play Okie state in their back yard right off the bat. If anybody has been to the tourney at KC or Dallas either one, you know how well the Cowboys travel. I can't imagine how many will be out scalping in Oklahoma City. I'm just imagining a sea of orange non-stop in there. I'm hoping ISU has a good contingent...it just sucks that it's during the day down there too. This is the first year in the last 5 that I won't be able to make the trip. Here's hoping we pull off two upsets so I can actually watch a game. Well, I gotta go run off about 50 coloring sheets for my students to work on from 11:30-2 Thursday and Friday so I can kick back and check updates on the computer. :yes4lo:

4. cyQlone

cyQlone Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Insurance Adjuster
    Des Moines, IA
    You teachers make me sick...am I the only one dedicated in the profession? I bust my butt all day everyday. Oh wait, does CycloneFanatic count as work? This is all I've been doing the past week.

5. cycloneinmonaco

Apr 14, 2006
    I'm going to just go ahead and say what everyone is secretly thinking: ISU will take the Big 12 tourney and rip into March madness.

6. mj4cy

mj4cy Asst. Regional Manager
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2006
    Structural Engineer
    Ankeny
    A win ensures a 500 season

7. bcr4isu

bcr4isu Member

Oct 17, 2006
    I wish the tourney was back in kansas city.

8. A-town Cy

A-town Cy Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Huxley
    I'd rather have it in KC the next couple years then this year. Next year @ the new Sprint Center we are going to be a better team.

9. chuckd4735

chuckd4735 Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Male
    MO/KS
    I understand us being underdogs to a team that has to travel 20 miles, but 7 points is a bit ridiculous. OU has lost its last 6 games, while ISU has gone 3-3, not to mention ISU winning the head to head. I dont disagree with ISU being the underdog, but 7 points is too much IMO.