7)Hawks vs 2) 'Nova

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I love Jon Miller's big handjob of a story about Woodbuy that's on his front page, right now. Here's a synopsis: "Sure, Woody didn't play up to his 4-star billing, and only got marginally better over the course of his career, and really wasn't that good, but dammit, he chose Iowa!!! And he didn't have to! He could have gone anywhere and been a subpar player! But he chose to do it at Iowa! And we should be thankful for that!"

Yes, and he'd now have a year to go at Iowa.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I love Jon Miller's big handjob of a story about Woodbuy that's on his front page, right now. Here's a synopsis: "Sure, Woody didn't play up to his 4-star billing, and only got marginally better over the course of his career, and really wasn't that good, but dammit, he chose Iowa!!! And he didn't have to! He could have gone anywhere and been a subpar player! But he chose to do it at Iowa! And we should be thankful for that!"
Wow, just read it. This paragraph just screams "trying too hard".

Since 1994, fewer than 40 players in the Big Ten have done this. That might sound like a lot, but consider 13 scholarship players per team in 1994, 11 teams at the time, that was 143 players in 1994. Say three players per team use their eligibility on the average each season (and that is being conservative). That’s three times 11 teams times say 16 years, until Nebraska joined the Big Ten. That’s another 495 players. Then five more years of 12 teams, times three players, there’s another 180 players. Then two years of Rutgers and Maryland and that’s over 850 Big Ten players since 1994. It could be closer to 1,000.

I like how at the end he gets his estimate and then says, "but hey, it could be drastically more than that number too".

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Uthoff's interviews makes a lot of quiet people (me) look like social butterflies. So awkward.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Uthoff's interviews makes a lot of quiet people look like social butterflies. So awkward.

I don't think Uthoff really enjoys basketball anymore. At least, not Fran's version of it. Basing that on body language and demeanor, so I could be way off. Just seems like he's going through the motions until he's done.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I don't think Uthoff really enjoys basketball anymore. At least, not Fran's version of it. Basing that on body language and demeanor, so I could be way off. Just seems like he's going through the motions until he's done.

He could be playing in a sweet sixteen game Friday, if….

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
So Uthoff was 0-8 against ISU and Wisconsin, and now both teams are in the Sweet Sixteen his senior year and he's going home. That's got to sting.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So Uthoff was 0-8 against ISU and Wisconsin, and now both teams are in the Sweet Sixteen his senior year and he's going home. That's got to sting.

If my source is to be believed he does not care and is probably more happy that the season is over.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
It's funny how much crap we have received for the recruitment of Diallo and Vaughn, but Hawk fans are still debating on who finished 2nd for Tyler Ulis. Ulis even clarified which two teams he chose between.

Help Support Us

Become a patron