6 O.T. UConn and Syracuse game

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by Bobber, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    Did anybody else watch this last night? I started watching it after the news and figured I'd stay up a little longer to see the end. 6 over times later Syracuse wins the game. It was 12:30 A.M. before I got to bed.:confused:

What a great game to watch. The guys were wore out at the second O.T. and they had to just keep gutting it out.

Syracues had a great little guard that reminded me a little bit of Tinsley. Looked for Wes Johnson, but didn't see him.

Also a fun USC and Stanford game. Really enjoy watching Tim Floyd coached teams.

I love March Madness.:yes:

2. ianoconnor

ianoconnor Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Urbandale
    I started watching in the 2nd OT. That was crazy!

3. TarHeelHawk

TarHeelHawk Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Beer Guy
    W. Des Moines
    I told myself during the 4th OT that if it went to 5, I was going to bed. When it went to 5, I told myself that I was going to turn the TV off at midnight. When it went to 6, I said "**** it, I've all ready watched it this long, may as well watch it until the end."

Whats weird about games like that is when you look back on it and think that if any one thing had or hadn't happened in regulation, that none of the OT's would have happened. Missed free throw, silly foul, etc..

4. isufan

isufan Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    SW Iowa
    I started watching with three minutes left in regulation. We were planning on leaving for the bar in a few minutes but ended up watching all the OTs and not making it to the bar until 12:30 or a little after.

5. cyclonepower

cyclonepower Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2006
    WDM
    i couldn't believe that...I watched from the middle of the 2nd half on

6. cyclonenum1

cyclonenum1 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Ditto for me...great game. And I love the trio of McDonough, Bilas, and Raftery...absolutely great.

They always allude to Raftery's boozing...I would love to party with him!

7. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    One of our mechanics told me about it while we were working, and we both wanted to drop what we were doing to go watch it online. Too bad the whole job thing "got in the way."

8. Covenant Clone

Covenant Clone Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Owner/Construction Co.
    Clive
    I watched the whole game and it was a great game all the way through. I usually don't like Big East basketball but this one was a classic. I don't know how Syracuse is going to have anything left in the tank for tonight after playing that many minutes last night.

9. fccy

fccy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Forest City
    The NF boys can do it ALL NIGHT LONG!!

10. hurdleisu24

hurdleisu24 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Sep 13, 2008
    New York
    Best game I have ever seen.

11. The_Architect

The_Architect Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Focus Town
    I'll be impressed with Syracuse if they can keep it within 10 points of WVU today. Can you imagine how tired they are!?

12. JP4CY

JP4CY Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Sommerset
    I loved every bit of that game (minus Devendorf).

Can't say that these guys don't care about tournaments any more.

13. Wesley

Wesley Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Envr Engr/Program Manager
    Omaha
    I tuned in at 10:30 and watched to the end at 12:30. That team had guts. Loved the walk on who grabbed his first rebound of the season who had played 14 minutes all year. Lots of 20/10 efforts by each teams. Instant classic. Pogo stick Harris could not even hold onto the dunk shots at the end.

14. fccy

fccy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Forest City
    Being replayed again on ESPN Classic right now.

Must have started at 8pm, current score 8-7 at 14:33 mark 1st half.

15. CycloneErik

CycloneErik Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Grad Student
    Jamerica
    I think it's the 4th OT when Syracuse puts the walk-on guy in, probably subbing for Devendorf after he fouled out.

Anyway, when he comes in, you'll see UConn crawling up the court with the ball, looking exhausted. You'll see Syracuse past halfcourt, not wanting to press, and waiting before getting into a defensive stance.

Then you'll see the walk-on doing jumping jacks on the court, trying to get warmed up.