WTB: 2 Tickets to Big 4 Classic

Tojo

Dec 5, 2013
My cousin will be in town from California and I want to bring him to the game as a gift. Would like seats to be in lower sections (100s) or a side view in upper sections (203-205; 217-218; 303-305; 319-321) if possible. Send me a PM. Thanks.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Only singles in the 300 level as of tonight. Tried to buy 2 this morning and there was not 2 together.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Not trying to jump on your thread, but if one were to buy 2 separate tickets, what are the chances of being able to sit together? I know that some Iowa and UNI fans that bought tickets won't be there for the ISU vs Drake game. I am just trying to decide, as I may buy some last minute.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Been to the game the past 2 years and the game didn't sell out either year. Up until gametime, they still had a plethora of tickets available at the window. With that said, we ended up just scalping tickets for cheap both years and I don't expect this year to be any different. The fact of the matter is that none of the fanbases get too excited about this setup of the Big 4 Classic at all, so pretty much all of the fanbases kind of boycott the game in some way/shape/form, including us. The end result likely won't be a sellout and due to many fans who don't attend both games, there is always an abundance of open seats to shift around into.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Not trying to jump on your thread, but if one were to buy 2 separate tickets, what are the chances of being able to sit together? I know that some Iowa and UNI fans that bought tickets won't be there for the ISU vs Drake game. I am just trying to decide, as I may buy some last minute.

There is a 100% chance that you'll easily find a place to sit together.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
What kind of price can you get upper bowl tickets for from scalpers? I am not willing to pay over 100 for upper seats to watch us beat up on drake.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
What kind of price can you get upper bowl tickets for from scalpers? I am not willing to pay over 100 for upper seats to watch us beat up on drake.

You can find Upper level bowl seats for $65 a ticket on Craigslist this morning.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
As mentioned on the other thread, I bought scalped tix last two years near main (south) entrance. Both years got lower bowl tix and paid just a hair under face. That said, with this being sold out this year, might have to pay face or slightly above, but have to imagine there will be tix avail.

mkleve44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2012
West Des Moines
As mentioned on the other thread, I bought scalped tix last two years near main (south) entrance. Both years got lower bowl tix and paid just a hair under face. That said, with this being sold out this year, might have to pay face or slightly above, but have to imagine there will be tix avail.

Thank you for the info. I have never bought tickets via scalping before but I have read that in some places it is not legal to sell above face value. Do you know how true that is? Or does it vary from place to place?

Thanks.