2 ISU matches on TV

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by CY9008, Jul 29, 2013.

1. CY9008

CY9008 Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Des Moines, IA
  2. Triggermv

Triggermv Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Energy Trader
    Marion, IA
    It is so nice looking at our team at the end of every year knowing, not hoping, that we've got yet another good year ahead of us. That is when you know you've got a good program.

3. Royalclone

Royalclone Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Lee's Summit, MO
    True. The only real concern I see is how the team adjusts from losing an AA setter in Landwehr. Three years ago, when she took over for Mann's. There was a slight setback (if you call getting knocked out in the first round of the tourney a setback.). It took Ali a little while to get comfortable, and it didn't help that Hockaday was lost for the season the very first game. Add to that the flood displacing them, and the two All-American seniors that year, Henson and Maas, were really not the type of energy in-your-face leaders than Mann was the previous several years.

Of course we know how Ali turned out, and look for Jenelle to carry on in her own way. Hahn is still in there to energize and lead on the court, and the talented Sophomore class should keep us from missing two of the previous highest-rated recruits the school has had.

4. Sobchakcyclone

Sobchakcyclone Active Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Bowling Alley
    Do we know how they're going to align things this year yet? Could Malloy still be a setter in some rotations, or is she going to be a hitter?

Our recruiting has been off the charts, and I think that it will continue. Maybe not even great players but players that fit in Christy's system, or are under the radar. Fan support and success will carry that in a conference with a national power like UT.

I hope there's not a fall off in KU, KSU. or OU, though. Metro Sports didn't commit to the KSU game like they have in past. Is that because of what they lost? Baylor has had some glimmers of being good, but we need the conference to take a step forward.

5. Royalclone

Royalclone Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Lee's Summit, MO
    From what I have discerned from other posts and articles, it sounds like Jenelle will be the setter. Not that they couldn't set up some plays for Malloy to get a set to catch the defense out of position. Sounds like Jenelle has some hops for whew she's in the front row.

Not sure on OU and KSU, but I think KU is going to be improved.

6. Sobchakcyclone

Sobchakcyclone Active Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Bowling Alley
    #6 Sobchakcyclone, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  7. fccy

fccy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Forest City
    When I talked to CJL during the tailgate tour, it sounds like Jenelle will be the setter. Coach did not like what she saw with the 6-2 experiment in the spring. She did say that Jenelle was ahead of where Landwehr was; the only thing lacking is consistency.

8. TCG

TCG Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I'm excited to see what freshman MB Samara West brings; from the little video I've seen on her, she looks very athletic, almost like a Texas athlete just underrated cuz she didn't play much aau.