‘Relentless’ Buckeye fans force Herbstreit to move from Ohio

Discussion in 'General College Sports' started by ISUAlum2002, Mar 12, 2011.

1. ISUAlum2002

ISUAlum2002 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Urbandale
  2. EYEoftheSTORM

EYEoftheSTORM Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Ames, Iowa
    its really to bad. He is by far one of the fairest analyst in the country.

Chris dont worry, if you dont pick ISU to beat a 1 ranked KU team in Lawrence... WE wont flame you and force you to leave Ames.....

Well at least some of us wont.....:jimlad:

3. colbycheese

colbycheese Well-Known Member

This is kind of a surprise. It seemed to me like he always picks the Buckeyes for a W in his predictions.

4. Acylum

Acylum Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Fed Govt
    Parts Unknown
    99% of the time he should be picking them.

5. dualthreat

dualthreat Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    i hope those fans feel like a bunch of idiots. How much of an a-hole do you have to be to run a guy like that out of town?

I remember hearing about a TE from OSU receiving multiple death threats and having to change his address and whatnot after he dropped a catchable pass against Texas in '05.

What a great fan base.

6. Yes13

Yes13 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    More reason why Nebraska fits in the Big10. They waited by Niles Paul's car after a game to yell at him.

7. Cy's Taxi

Cy's Taxi Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Classy fans.... classy classy fans....

I know it's not all of them, and the vast majority just don't know what to think, but seriously... the guy is doing his job.

8. acgclone

acgclone Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I know a guy who played HS football in Columbus, but chose to walk on at Penn State because he wasn't offered scholarships to either Penn State or OSU. He ended up being a 4 yr starter at PSU. He played in the NFL for a couple of years. Very nice guy.

Long story short, after his playing career, he moved back to Columbus to work in a surgical sales position and to be close to his family and friends. Ultimately he decided he had to move out of Columbus (to the West Coast), because he got so much crap for choosing to play for Paterno instead of the Buckeyes. He couldn't believe how mean spirited the Buckeye fans could treat him, despite the fact that it was several years since he played at PSU and he wasn't even offered a scholarship from the Buckeyes.

9. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Management/Sales
    Hudson, Iowa
    Seems like every fan base has some losers who do this.

Too bad for Herby. I really like his work on TV. To be honest, I didn't even know he was a Buckeye. Knew he played for the Big 10, but that was about it.

10. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    While I can see OSU fans' point (to a minor degree), this is ridiculous. Sometimes I think Herby over-compensates so that he doesn't appear biased in favor of OSU. But that's no reason to hassle the guy and run him out of town. He's not supposed to be a mouthpiece.

Herby is the best in the business, as far as I'm concerned. He gives Iowa a lot of love when they deserve it, and he'll put us down when we deserve it (and does the same for the rest of the Big Ten). Unlike guys like Fowler, who just scoffs at anything Big Ten. Can't stand that guy at all.

11. Acylum

Acylum Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2006
    Fed Govt
    Parts Unknown
    I guess Chris Fowler just became my favorite ESPN personality then.

12. tm3308

tm3308 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Sportswriter@ Daily Iowan
    Corydon/Iowa City, IA
    Which is fine, you're a Big 12 fan. It's just not even remotely professional for a media member (even by Gameday standards. They have to have some fun, which isn't "professional" per se, but it's not an open and blatant bias like in Fowler's case.).