Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,237, Level: 89
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,700
    Points
    83,237
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 38

    Authentic football jerseys

    Does anyone know where to find them online? I'm looking for a Hawai'i jersey, but all I can find is their replica jerseys. Not only do they not look like the real jerseys, but I hate that the numbers are just painted on there. Any suggestions?



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Does anyone know where to find them online? I'm looking for a Hawai'i jersey, but all I can find is their replica jerseys. Not only do they not look like the real jerseys, but I hate that the numbers are just painted on there. Any suggestions?
    Well, for starters not all teams have authentic jerseys available, like Iowa State. Also, not all authentic jerseys have sewn on numbers, like Iowa State until our most recent jersey design.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,237, Level: 89
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,700
    Points
    83,237
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 38

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Well, for starters not all teams have authentic jerseys available, like Iowa State. Also, not all authentic jerseys have sewn on numbers, like Iowa State until our most recent jersey design.
    I've got a Lane Danielson jersey (obviously not "him", but #82 when he played) from 2003 that has the stitched on numbers and team name.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I've got a Lane Danielson jersey (obviously not "him", but #82 when he played) from 2003 that has the stitched on numbers and team name.
    I can assure you that if the numbers are stitched on it isn't authentic.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 83,237, Level: 89
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    4,700
    Points
    83,237
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 676
    Given: 38

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    We're getting off topic. That's secondary to me. The main thing is that the jersey actually look like the ones they wear. In my opinion, they've got the coolest looking jerseys in football.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    Does anyone know where to find them online? I'm looking for a Hawai'i jersey, but all I can find is their replica jerseys. Not only do they not look like the real jerseys, but I hate that the numbers are just painted on there. Any suggestions?
    As to your problem you can find some gamers at www.collegejersey.com, though I think they overprice.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Definitions:
    Replica: made to look like a teams jerseys but not exact or to the same quality.
    Authentic replica: made by the same company and same design and quality as the team issued.
    Team Issued: made for the team but not necessarily game worn.
    Game Worn: self explanatory.

    Note, in college ball it is very hard to get a game worn jersey with a players name unless from the player as it is against NCAA rules for the school to give away or sell a jersey with a players name on it.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 27,040, Level: 50
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cloned4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines
    Posts
    1,541
    Points
    27,040
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    I can assure you that if the numbers are stitched on it isn't authentic.
    This. We did not get uni's with high quality embroidered on numbers until the most recent redesign. Before then all numbers were screenprinted and the jerseys themselves were off the cheapest quality.


    ANF - America Needs Farmers - Thank God Iowa State produces-educates-supports them!


  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 56,876, Level: 73
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    Points
    56,876
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 18

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Bump. I have a question but didnt want to start a new thread being this one is pretty similar.

    I am wondering if anybody knows how to tell whether or not a jersey is, in fact, authentic. I see the definitions in an earlier post but I am considering trying to find a Packers jersey on eBay and some say "authentic" some say "authentic stitched." I have usually been under the impression that authentic jerseys were stitched but what should I look for on eBay? Should I be worried about getting conned, and buying a jersey that isn't actually authentic or does much of that go on with jerseys? Thanks for any help.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 97,473, Level: 97
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,577
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    everyyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,882
    Points
    97,473
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 28

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Bump. I have a question but didnt want to start a new thread being this one is pretty similar.

    I am wondering if anybody knows how to tell whether or not a jersey is, in fact, authentic. I see the definitions in an earlier post but I am considering trying to find a Packers jersey on eBay and some say "authentic" some say "authentic stitched." I have usually been under the impression that authentic jerseys were stitched but what should I look for on eBay? Should I be worried about getting conned, and buying a jersey that isn't actually authentic or does much of that go on with jerseys? Thanks for any help.
    Well, people use all kinds of words to describe something they are trying to sell and they may have their own incorrect definitions. I would ask the seller, if they are reputable they will shoot straight when asked directly. Note, authentic should mean exactly the same quality, stitching, etc as the team issued jerseys but not team issued. Team issued jerseys will usually be identified by a separate tag in the pro's. See my hornacek jersey for an example.


    ALL IN
    www.cyclonejerseys.com
    Always buying historically relevant ISU gear

  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,309, Level: 25
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones122's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    343
    Points
    7,309
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Bump. I have a question but didnt want to start a new thread being this one is pretty similar.

    I am wondering if anybody knows how to tell whether or not a jersey is, in fact, authentic. I see the definitions in an earlier post but I am considering trying to find a Packers jersey on eBay and some say "authentic" some say "authentic stitched." I have usually been under the impression that authentic jerseys were stitched but what should I look for on eBay? Should I be worried about getting conned, and buying a jersey that isn't actually authentic or does much of that go on with jerseys? Thanks for any help.

    Just watch what you buy off ebay. There are a lot of counterfeit "authentic" jerseys from China that are flooding ebay. Look closely at the photos and to the team's actual uniforms. You can usually tell some difference in font and sizes of numbers, things like that. I will just say, you will get what you pay for. Authentic jerseys usually cost about 250.00 (especially NFL authentic jerseys), so if you are paying 75.00 for it, it's probably fake.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 56,876, Level: 73
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,881
    Points
    56,876
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 18

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones122 View Post
    Just watch what you buy off ebay. There are a lot of counterfeit "authentic" jerseys from China that are flooding ebay. Look closely at the photos and to the team's actual uniforms. You can usually tell some difference in font and sizes of numbers, things like that. I will just say, you will get what you pay for. Authentic jerseys usually cost about 250.00 (especially NFL authentic jerseys), so if you are paying 75.00 for it, it's probably fake.
    That is exactly what I was wondering about. I see a lot on there that look spot-on to jerseys worn by the players (to my untrained eye of course). But it seems like most, if not all, of them are going for right around that $70-$90 mark. It seemed a little too good to be true but I didn't know if there was a lot of counterfeiting going on with jerseys or not. I would have a hard time spending $250 for a jersey I wanted to wear watching/going to games. Just out of curiosity, is there any major downside to the counterfeited jerseys other than the fact that you have an "authentic" jersey that really isn't?



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,096, Level: 31
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    243
    Points
    11,096
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    I paid $40 for my authentic jerseys from china and they are amazing. Vikings



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 14,983, Level: 37
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Cypwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Amekeny
    Posts
    942
    Points
    14,983
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 45

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by everyyard View Post
    Well, people use all kinds of words to describe something they are trying to sell and they may have their own incorrect definitions. I would ask the seller, if they are reputable they will shoot straight when asked directly. Note, authentic should mean exactly the same quality, stitching, etc as the team issued jerseys but not team issued. Team issued jerseys will usually be identified by a separate tag in the pro's. See my hornacek jersey for an example.
    Wow nice collection. Now I know who I bid against on ebay for schedule cards. I more than likely have some of the items you are looking for. I will PM you.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 17,054, Level: 39
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Clone1450's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    591
    Points
    17,054
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Re: Authentic football jerseys

    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    I paid $40 for my authentic jerseys from china and they are amazing. Vikings
    I have bought a few "authentic" jerseys from China and all were very nice for less than $50. Why anyone would pay $250 is beyond me. Mine even came with the NFL holigram tag on it saying it was officially licensed. I actually think the authentic jerseys are made over there and some of these may be seconds, but not positive.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM