Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 353,312, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    isucyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    19,883
    Points
    353,312
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 7

    Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Forever trying to find a cure for the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 24,647, Level: 48
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,151
    Points
    24,647
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 2

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    god another team he doesnt have a chance of starting on



  3. #3
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,437, Level: 87
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,713
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfan964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 blocks from the Jack
    Posts
    4,766
    Points
    78,437
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 557

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Poor guy. Just when he thinks he's gonna get a shot.

    I think it's clear that Sage is just a very good back up, nothing more.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 130,821, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    JP4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sommerset
    Posts
    8,413
    Points
    130,821
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,939
    Given: 698

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
    Poor guy. Just when he thinks he's gonna get a shot.

    I think it's clear that Sage is just a very good back up, nothing more.
    I think you are right. But hey, good chance to win a Super Bowl there.
    I wouldn't mind being a backup for 15-20 years in the NFL. You can walk when you retire unlike a lot of guys and will have made a lot of money and have a real good pension to look forward to.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 130,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,238
    Points
    130,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,058
    Given: 287

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Stupid Vikings. I love Favre and am thrilled he is back, but it is clear that Sage should be #2 in Minnesota. Jackson will give them nothing but heatache. Stupid move by the Vikings and Childress.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 44,421, Level: 65
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,755
    Points
    44,421
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 55
    Given: 38

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Stupid Vikings. I love Favre and am thrilled he is back, but it is clear that Sage should be #2 in Minnesota. Jackson will give them nothing but heatache. Stupid move by the Vikings and Childress.
    Based on training camp and pre-season games, Joe Webb might be the QB of the future for the Vikings. He is very raw, but has been impressive in games and opened eyes in camp.



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 130,665, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    8,238
    Points
    130,665
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,058
    Given: 287

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Based on training camp and pre-season games, Joe Webb might be the QB of the future for the Vikings. He is very raw, but has been impressive in games and opened eyes in camp.
    Right, then get rid of Jackson and keep Sage for this year and next year and hope Webb is the future. It's stupid. Everyone assumes that Favre will get hurt this year or just suck this year, so we need someone that can take over. That's not Jackson.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 47,854, Level: 67
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,486
    Points
    47,854
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 723

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    The thing that sucks about Sage is that he's one helicopter hit from being a starter in the NFL. If he hadn't fumbled that ball against the Colts a few years ago, the Texans win and, if I remember right, the Texans would clinch a playoff spot. Now he's let go from a team that wants a QB like Donovan McNabb, but when the real McNabb is on the trading block the Vikings don't pull the trigger. I hope Sage does well with the Giants - worked out OK for Warner.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 212,654, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the U.S.
    Posts
    9,813
    Points
    212,654
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 771
    Given: 16

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Wow.....according to a tweet from one of the Minnesota sports bloggers:

    Sage and Reynaud to NYG for 5th rd pick in 2011 and conditional pick in '12. The 5th is locked in

    This is surprising to me. Who returns punts now? I thought Reynaud was maybe going to be used to replace Harvin on returns too, just to give him a break. It doesn't seem to me like this is a very good deal for the Vikings at all.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 47,854, Level: 67
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,486
    Points
    47,854
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 723

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    Wow.....according to a tweet from one of the Minnesota sports bloggers:

    Sage and Reynaud to NYG for 5th rd pick in 2011 and conditional pick in '12. The 5th is locked in

    This is surprising to me. Who returns punts now? I thought Reynaud was maybe going to be used to replace Harvin on returns too, just to give him a break. It doesn't seem to me like this is a very good deal for the Vikings at all.
    NOOOO Reynaud is great! The only thing I can think is that they are making room now that Houshmandzadeh (SP?) may be a free agent.



  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 99,922, Level: 98
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 1,128
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,265
    Points
    99,922
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 0

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    The Vikings and Childress goal was to send Sage somewhere he wouldn't play and make them look bad. This fits the bill. They did not go for the best deal, this is about possibly looking bad if Favre gets hurt and TJ fails.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 826,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    58,078
    Points
    826,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,566
    Given: 3,781

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Sage was easily the 2nd best QB in Minnesota. Not even close. I hope he is getting well paid, because the guy can't catch a break on playing time.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 291,399, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,330
    Points
    291,399
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 684
    Given: 100

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by jsb View Post
    Right, then get rid of Jackson and keep Sage for this year and next year and hope Webb is the future. It's stupid. Everyone assumes that Favre will get hurt this year or just suck this year, so we need someone that can take over. That's not Jackson.
    At this point, Sage probably has WAY more value than Jackson does. If you're going with Favre this year, you might as well deal away the player with the most value.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 119,003, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CloneFan4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pants Party
    Posts
    2,966
    Points
    119,003
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 892
    Given: 818

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    This is insane!!! From the moment Childress became the coach i've hated him. He's terrible!! The only reason he never gave Rosenfels a shot at backup was because Jackson was his little project QB!! Well guess what dip**** that aint gonna work out!! It's been clear who was the better QB. Just look at what Sage did a couple weeks ago. Childress is a joke and Brett Favre honestly would be a better coach than him. I hate his conservative play-calling bull ****!



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 47,854, Level: 67
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    3GenClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Windsor Heights
    Posts
    2,486
    Points
    47,854
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 265
    Given: 723

    Re: Sage Rosenfels traded to Giants

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneFan4 View Post
    This is insane!!! From the moment Childress became the coach i've hated him. He's terrible!! The only reason he never gave Rosenfels a shot at backup was because Jackson was his little project QB!! Well guess what dip**** that aint gonna work out!! It's been clear who was the better QB. Just look at what Sage did a couple weeks ago. Childress is a joke and Brett Favre honestly would be a better coach than him. I hate his conservative play-calling bull ****!
    I hate Childress with a passion, but that guy has consistently won more games each year he's been the Head Coach in Minnesota - the only way he can keep the streak alive is by taking the Vikings to the Super Bowl (mind you, I didn't say Win it... but I can hope!!)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 10, 2016
  • 08:00 PM