Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Concussions in Football

ESPN - NFL plans to hold concussion summit on Tuesday - NFL

Been hearing alot about this on sports talk radio etc over the last week or so. Read somewhere that research shows that after 3 concussions the risk of long term issues goes way up. Most players have had at least 3 by the time they get to the NFL.

My questions are, what do you see the NFL doing about this and how will this affect the way players and teams report possible concussions, etc.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 684

Re: Concussions in Football

I have had 3 pretty bad ones, I wouldn't say severe but pretty bad ones.

1. High School football game took on a pulling guard and fullback still made the tackle but don't remember the rest of the game even though i kept playing.

2. Ths one is funny. Mt freshman year at ISU I hit a pretty good ramp over by the ice hockey rink on a saucer sled, did a backflip in the air and landed on the side of my face on pretty much ice. Next thing I remember is 45 minutes later and friends from the dorm or cleaning the blood off my face.

3. On a kickoff return against Mizzou I had a kill shot on one of their guys, but at the last minute he saw me coming and made a little adjustment and we hit helmet to helmet pretty hard. I knocked him down, but I just went to the sidelines and sat on the bench with a huge headache and a blank stare.

I never had migraines until after the second one so I am pretty sure my migraines are from the concussions.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Re: Concussions in Football

I have had 1. Freshman year, first practice in pads. I was doing a drill where the d-end has to fight off 2 pulling blockers. I happened to draw 2 senior starting tackles, one at 290, the other at 305. Now these guys were FAT and not moving very quickly, but when my 180lb arse tried to stick my head in there and be tough, I woke up a couple mins later wondering what train hit me.