Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 170,733, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,229
    Points
    170,733
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 56
    Given: 0

    Something I want to see more of...

    I want to see us get those quick WR screen passes in the hands of Money, Shontrelle, and even Jarvis West... and see what they can do.

    Shontrelle got one chance.. and gained 9 yds on it. Money got one thrown to him near his ankles and didn't get another one if I remember correctly? West didn't get in the game I don't believe?

    I think that can be a REAL succesful play for us if we get the ball into the hands of one of these 3 guys and let them make a play. I think Shontrelle will break one of these sometime this year for a long TD.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 196,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,924
    Points
    196,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 103

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    More passes to the TE, that's what I want. Franklin looked really good last night.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 28,505, Level: 51
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Cyclone1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    1,483
    Points
    28,505
    Level
    51
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    I want to see us get those quick WR screen passes in the hands of Money, Shontrelle, and even Jarvis West... and see what they can do.

    Shontrelle got one chance.. and gained 9 yds on it. Money got one thrown to him near his ankles and didn't get another one if I remember correctly? West didn't get in the game I don't believe?

    I think that can be a REAL succesful play for us if we get the ball into the hands of one of these 3 guys and let them make a play. I think Shontrelle will break one of these sometime this year for a long TD.
    Those screen passes are more or less a running play. Safe play, hope to gain 3-5 yds, with the possibility of breaking a tackle and turning it into 20.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 203,969, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MLawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,072
    Points
    203,969
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 18

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Would I be an idiot if I should punting?



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 196,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,924
    Points
    196,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 103

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by MLawrence View Post
    Would I be an idiot if I should punting?
    I, for one, was fine with the lack of punting.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 294,147, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    17,262
    Points
    294,147
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 179

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    West did not play. In fact, as far as I could tell from the player log, only 3 newbies got into the game: Shontrelle, Ricky Howard and Anthony Young.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,013, Level: 63
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,650
    Points
    42,013
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    West did not play. In fact, as far as I could tell from the player log, only 3 newbies got into the game: Shontrelle, Ricky Howard and Anthony Young.
    I think that you are correct as far as last year's recruiting class. There were also about 8 other guys who saw there first game action after either red-shirt or squad-member status. I expect to see more 1st year and red-shirt guys see the field in the next several weeks.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 73,109, Level: 83
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycopath25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    (307)
    Posts
    5,066
    Points
    73,109
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 0

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    I want to see more of this . . .



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 97,791, Level: 97
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,259
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    tejasclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    5,783
    Points
    97,791
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 17

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Those quick WR screens only work when the other WRs block downfield. Too often, we have one guy make a catch, do a dance, and then get pummeled for short or no gain because the other WRs whiffed.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 32,417, Level: 55
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUclones33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,247
    Points
    32,417
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Not that it wasnt going to happen anyway, but I believe Jared Barnett may petition for a medical redshirt, he herniated a disc in his back.
    Jeremiah George should get on the field at some point, If he continues to progess in learning coverages and wallys defensive schemes.

    As i said in a previous post, I feel Herman was pretty conservative this week and will open up against a good Iowa defense next week. Last night we just ran a handful of plays that just worked.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 196,751, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,924
    Points
    196,751
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 103

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUclones33 View Post
    Not that it wasnt going to happen anyway, but I believe Jared Barnett may petition for a medical redshirt, he herniated a disc in his back.
    Jeremiah George should get on the field at some point, If he continues to progess in learning coverages and wallys defensive schemes.

    As i said in a previous post, I feel Herman was pretty conservative this week and will open up against a good Iowa defense next week. Last night we just ran a handful of plays that just worked.
    That was the consensus amongst people watching at our apartment, seemed fairly vanilla. We all beleived whole-heartedly that there would be some cool tricks unveiled at Iowa.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 294,147, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    17,262
    Points
    294,147
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 179

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I think that you are correct as far as last year's recruiting class. There were also about 8 other guys who saw there first game action after either red-shirt or squad-member status. I expect to see more 1st year and red-shirt guys see the field in the next several weeks.

    Here's who I think got their first game action after a redshirt year:

    Tau'fo'ou, LB (RJr)
    Lichtenberg, OT (RFr)
    Washington, DB (RFr)
    Jansen Watsen, DB (RFr)
    Broomfield, DB (RFr)
    Woody, RB (RFr)
    Bykowski, OT (RSo)
    Earl Brooks, DB (RJr)

    I didn't realize that both Tau'fo'ou and Earl Brooks redshirted last year and still have two years left.

    Also, Bykowski played TE as a true freshman and redshirted last year while moving to tackle. I think both he and Lichtenberg are going to be very good linemen before they are done.



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 311,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    13,626
    Points
    311,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 324

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal&gold View Post
    Those quick WR screens only work when the other WRs block downfield. Too often, we have one guy make a catch, do a dance, and then get pummeled for short or no gain because the other WRs whiffed.
    The downfield blocking by the WRs seemed pretty decent last night. We will see how good it is next week. We seemed to have pretty decent YAC not knowing the official numbers. I remember a few instances where Franklin got a few extra yards because of a good block ahead of him.



  14. #14
    Legend
    Points: 311,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    13,626
    Points
    311,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 324

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Here's who I think got their first game action after a redshirt year:

    Tau'fo'ou, LB (RJr)
    Lichtenberg, OT (RFr)
    Washington, DB (RFr)
    Jansen Watsen, DB (RFr)
    Broomfield, DB (RFr)
    Woody, RB (RFr)
    Bykowski, OT (RSo)
    Earl Brooks, DB (RJr)

    I didn't realize that both Tau'fo'ou and Earl Brooks redshirted last year and still have two years left.

    Also, Bykowski played TE as a true freshman and redshirted last year while moving to tackle. I think both he and Lichtenberg are going to be very good linemen before they are done.
    That brings me to the question:

    How many backups played last night? I'm sure I could find it, but I should be working right now as it is. If someone can list the starters and then everyone else who played, I would appreciate it.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,013, Level: 63
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 937
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,650
    Points
    42,013
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 10

    Re: Something I want to see more of...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    That brings me to the question:

    How many backups played last night? I'm sure I could find it, but I should be working right now as it is. If someone can list the starters and then everyone else who played, I would appreciate it.
    I'll direct you to the list rather than try to summarize it. Go to the game story on cyclones.com, select stats, scroll down to the bottom. It lists the starters and all game participants.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM