Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 72

True Fans have flags above their TV's

Trying to take in all the 'Game Day' experience I can today! Decided to start by listening to Deace and Jon to hear what they had to say....maybe I over reacted. But after reflecting on the morning show, sent this email off to Deac...did I over react? See you all up in Ames this afternoon - GO CLONES!!!!!!

Steve – Great show this morning! I woke up very excited for the opening of the 2010 football season, opening day for my beloved Cyclones and could wait to take in as much ‘Game Day’ as I could. I turned on the radio to KXNO, shortly after 6 AM, knowing that Steve and Jon love college football and thought they would have a great ‘Kick Off’ show for rabid NCAA football fans.

And as much as I was excited to get all the ISU news updates, I will have to admit I enjoyed hearing about the new Big 10 alignment far more – including extensive analysis of how this is going to affect Illinois, Indiana and Purdue…I was actually grateful that you devoted 95% of the show, on the day of kickoff for the ISU season, to the Big Ten alignment and the breakdown of how this effects fan bases across the Midwest….not sure if you can sense my sarcasm.

Thanks for taking two calls from Iowa State fans all morning (from what I heard). Thanks for not having any guests - Chris Williams, John Walters, anyone from the ISU Athletic Department, heck you could have had someone discussing how the parking is going to be affected…anything! But you didn’t. You chose to discuss at nausea the Big Ten alignment. It just shocks me, that you, as an ISU fan, you couldn’t have devoted a little more of your show to one of your favorite schools – after all you said today that you have a giant Cyclone Flag above your big TV (the sign of a True Fan! – insert more sarcasm!)

Cyclone fans are tired of the leftovers, especially on the KXNO stations. I tuned in this morning figuring you’d have some discussions on the Big Ten, but just maybe, enough respect could be giving to the Cyclones for one day to devote a fair portion of the show to Opening Day to our season. I think you spent more time discussing how the Big Ten alignment will affect ISU and their game with Iowa than you did about the game tonight.

Maybe I missed more of your show that was devoted to ISU than I heard – and if that’s the case, I apologize. I sat there in the last 30 minutes of the show thinking you’ll figure out that you’ve completely blow-off the Iowa State fan base and devote all calls or analysis of the game to the Cyclones. But you didn’t. In fact, you ‘squeezed in one more call’ at the 7:55 mark to hear another Iowa fan say how this is good for them. Puke!

Take the ISU flag down and move it to another part of your room – someplace else where you put college flags of BYU, Wake Forest, Louisville and other obscure teams. Stop claiming to be a fan, you are a fan of Michigan and Big 10. You proved it today by putting your mouth where your heart is. It’s Opening Day for ISU and you blew us off!

I know you will take exception and offence to this letter. But before you fire back, listen to the show again, and then tell me I am wrong!

Brian

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives…..

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 0

Re: True Fans have flags above their TV's

To be fair, he did talk at little Iowa State around 7:15. He said that Iowa should drop them from their schedule.

All-Star
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 1

We have to be the whiniest fanbase in college ball. Our new university seal should be a raised fist with the words, "Can I speak to your manager?" below it.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 193

Quote Originally Posted by Clonehomer View Post
    To be fair, he did talk at little Iowa State around 7:15. He said that Iowa should drop them from their schedule.
    Good one.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 108

Here's an idea: quit listening to kxno

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,319
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 36

Your note reminded me that at times, I wish I could use the sarcasm pirate outside of this forum and people would "get it" The sarcasm pirate is a great innovation of this site and must be expanded into everyday life. Imagine, if you will an email to your boss '

Dear Boss,

I really enjoyed hearing your thoughts during my annual evaluation. You are a great example for all us us here to follow. Thanks for another great year!

You 'da man!

That would be beautiful

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 295

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    We have to be the whiniest fanbase in college ball. Our new university seal should be a raised fist with the words, "Can I speak to your manager?" below it.

I totally agree.

Too many people in this area only want to listen to Iowa or ISU stuff and that is it. I love when sports radio talks national sports, or some things off the normal topic.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    Trying to take in all the 'Game Day' experience I can today! Decided to start by listening to Deace and Jon to hear what they had to say....maybe I over reacted. But after reflecting on the morning show, sent this email off to Deac...did I over react? See you all up in Ames this afternoon - GO CLONES!!!!!!

Steve – Great show this morning! I woke up very excited for the opening of the 2010 football season, opening day for my beloved Cyclones and could wait to take in as much ‘Game Day’ as I could. I turned on the radio to KXNO, shortly after 6 AM, knowing that Steve and Jon love college football and thought they would have a great ‘Kick Off’ show for rabid NCAA football fans.

And as much as I was excited to get all the ISU news updates, I will have to admit I enjoyed hearing about the new Big 10 alignment far more – including extensive analysis of how this is going to affect Illinois, Indiana and Purdue…I was actually grateful that you devoted 95% of the show, on the day of kickoff for the ISU season, to the Big Ten alignment and the breakdown of how this effects fan bases across the Midwest….not sure if you can sense my sarcasm.

Thanks for taking two calls from Iowa State fans all morning (from what I heard). Thanks for not having any guests - Chris Williams, John Walters, anyone from the ISU Athletic Department, heck you could have had someone discussing how the parking is going to be affected…anything! But you didn’t. You chose to discuss at nausea the Big Ten alignment. It just shocks me, that you, as an ISU fan, you couldn’t have devoted a little more of your show to one of your favorite schools – after all you said today that you have a giant Cyclone Flag above your big TV (the sign of a True Fan! – insert more sarcasm!)

Cyclone fans are tired of the leftovers, especially on the KXNO stations. I tuned in this morning figuring you’d have some discussions on the Big Ten, but just maybe, enough respect could be giving to the Cyclones for one day to devote a fair portion of the show to Opening Day to our season. I think you spent more time discussing how the Big Ten alignment will affect ISU and their game with Iowa than you did about the game tonight.

Maybe I missed more of your show that was devoted to ISU than I heard – and if that’s the case, I apologize. I sat there in the last 30 minutes of the show thinking you’ll figure out that you’ve completely blow-off the Iowa State fan base and devote all calls or analysis of the game to the Cyclones. But you didn’t. In fact, you ‘squeezed in one more call’ at the 7:55 mark to hear another Iowa fan say how this is good for them. Puke!

Take the ISU flag down and move it to another part of your room – someplace else where you put college flags of BYU, Wake Forest, Louisville and other obscure teams. Stop claiming to be a fan, you are a fan of Michigan and Big 10. You proved it today by putting your mouth where your heart is. It’s Opening Day for ISU and you blew us off!

I know you will take exception and offence to this letter. But before you fire back, listen to the show again, and then tell me I am wrong!

Brian
    While I would expect them to give a little more attention to ISU, the big 10 division announcement is very big news. ISU has a home opener every year. The big 10 splits into division once in over 100 years. It is very newsworthy.
    Keep in mind, ISU has been talked about over and over. From strengths to weaknesses for the last four weeks. There wasn't anything to be said today that hasn't been said. This isn't going to be any different for any other radio station across the US.
    I would rather them talk about the big 10 today so they can concentrate on our but whooping during tomorrow's show. Of course, they will touch on ISU and then do a complete breakdown of iowa. then you would have a complaint

"Not at the table Carlos."

Pro
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,655
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5

Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    listening to Deace and Jon

I'd rather drag my dick through broken glass.

Pro
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,319
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 36

Quote Originally Posted by Senolcyc View Post
    I'd rather drag my dick through broken glass.
    And then douse it in iodine

"Explode and tear this whole town apart
    Take a knife and cut this pain from my heart
    Find somebody itching for something to start"

"The Promised Land" Bruce Springsteen

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Most of the time I like listening to Miller and Deace, when I dont like what they're talking about.....I change the station.