Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 156

Gameday Routine

What did you guys (and gals) have for a gameday routine back when you played? HS or College?

HS I would cruise the loop listening to smashing pumpkins, go home and take a nap, then stop at Kwik Star on the way back to school and get my pregame meal of a king-size snickers and orange gatorade

College I would get up early in the morning and take a walk around campus before pregame meal and meetings. A buddy and I would get dressed very early and go out on the field and have a pooch punt competition before official warmups started an hour before the game and then read about ourselves in the program

Now as a coach, I get together with some other coaches on Fridays for lunch at Famous Dave's or Olive Garden, head to school for mass, team walk-through, watch Mario Bros get beat in record time on youtube, run to BeBops for a cheeseburger, and head to game.

Exaggeration is a BILLION times worse than understating.

Addict
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 2

Re: Gameday Routine

For home games during my senior year of football, we were required to meet at about 4 pm to get all of our gear together, get taped, etc. Then we had about an hour where we would go to the auditorium and relax for about an hour and focus on the task ahead. I usually listened to some Explosions in the Sky to relax and since Friday Night Lights had just come out, that music got me ready for football. Then we would head over to the field and start our warmups.