Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: RV Parking

  1. #1
    Walk On
    Points: 6,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ianuni57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    220
    Points
    6,759
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    RV Parking

    This seems to be the site to answer all of life's problems, so here it goes. We are first year season ticket holders and also our group has a smaller RV. We did not get a parking pass, but going to chip in next year and get it done.

    That was the back story, here is today's problem. What lots can an RV's park in? I know this may be difficult due to the lot conditions. If we were to get a pass from someone we know in Lots S-4, S-5, or S-6, would we be able to park an RV in there?

    Thanks in advance.



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 484,111, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,028
    Points
    484,111
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 325
    Given: 98

    Re: RV Parking

    You'll be able to park in the Vet Med lot without a pass. It's the only paved public lot.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    Swarm & Punish
    Points: 283,016, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    keepngoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,425
    Points
    283,016
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 236
    Given: 501
    The first and best victory is to conquer self; to be conquered by self is of all things most shameful and vile. - Plato

    May you only need 39 acres to turn your rig around. - keep

  4. #4
    Walk On
    Points: 6,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ianuni57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    220
    Points
    6,759
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    Thanks for the info. We have an opportunity to get a pass for S-5 or 6 and we were not sure if RV's were allowed.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 40,899, Level: 62
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 751
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,795
    Points
    40,899
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    In the future, for any of S4-6, your RV would probably need to fit in one parking stall, being no larger than a van, or else have 2 passes.

    Check with the Cyclone Club for verification.
    515-294-5022, ask for Jared.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 18,882, Level: 41
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    789
    Points
    18,882
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by ianuni57 View Post
    Thanks for the info. We have an opportunity to get a pass for S-5 or 6 and we were not sure if RV's were allowed.

    no rvs in 4,5 or 6



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 6,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ianuni57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    220
    Points
    6,759
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    Thanks for the info. That clears things up for us.



  8. #8
    Facebook Knows All
    Points: 274,313, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cycloneworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    16,178
    Points
    274,313
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 192
    Given: 78

    Re: RV Parking

    Iowa State issued a release discouraging RVs and buses yet urges people to carpool. That makes no sense. I have a small RV (can fit in about 1 1/2 spaces) that is hauling 15 people tomorrow. They want me to leave that and bring 4 cars??



  9. #9
    Walk On
    Points: 6,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ianuni57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    220
    Points
    6,759
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post
    Iowa State issued a release discouraging RVs and buses yet urges people to carpool. That makes no sense. I have a small RV (can fit in about 1 1/2 spaces) that is hauling 15 people tomorrow. They want me to leave that and bring 4 cars??
    Thats the same thing we are saying. Ours is 20 ft and we dont feel like taking 3 cars.



  10. #10
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,938, Level: 28
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    268
    Points
    8,938
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: RV Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by ianuni57 View Post
    This seems to be the site to answer all of life's problems, so here it goes. We are first year season ticket holders and also our group has a smaller RV. We did not get a parking pass, but going to chip in next year and get it done.

    That was the back story, here is today's problem. What lots can an RV's park in? I know this may be difficult due to the lot conditions. If we were to get a pass from someone we know in Lots S-4, S-5, or S-6, would we be able to park an RV in there?

    Thanks in advance.



  11. #11
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,938, Level: 28
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    IOWA
    Posts
    268
    Points
    8,938
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: RV Parking

    The only two lot are S 8 $5000.00 donation and Lot D 4. I have a Rv permit for D 4 that I am not going to use tomorrow. What would you pay for it. I think they raised the rate to 40 or 50 dollars to park this year . If interested let me know.



  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 6,759, Level: 24
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    ianuni57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    220
    Points
    6,759
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: RV Parking

    Quote Originally Posted by isutoad View Post
    The only two lot are S 8 $5000.00 donation and Lot D 4. I have a Rv permit for D 4 that I am not going to use tomorrow. What would you pay for it. I think they raised the rate to 40 or 50 dollars to park this year . If interested let me know.
    I am interested. I sent you a PM.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM