Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 918,338, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,667
    Points
    918,338
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 569

    Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Steady rain showers late Tuesday prompted ISU officials to close additional areas in some public parking lots for the Sept. 2 Iowa State-Northern Illinois football game. Grass lots G-4, G-5 and G-8 will have limited availability due to saturated ground. The public lots north of Center Drive also remain closed to accommodate flood recovery work in Hilton Coliseum.

    Fans are encouraged to car pool and utilize smaller vehicles, rather than bring buses and RVs. Early arrival to the game also is advised.

    Public parking areas near the College of Veterinary Medicine and all donor lots are expected to remain accessible. Public parking options include the use of paved campus parking lots after 5 p.m. The free CyRide Orange (No.4) route will operate from the Kmart parking lot (1405 Buckeye Ave., off South 16th Street), beginning at 5 p.m. and running until after the conclusion of the game. Riders are cautioned that wait times between shuttles, especially after the game, could be long.

    All available lots open at 1 p.m. Thursday. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. Public parking costs are $20 per car ($40 for RVs and buses, which are discouraged for this week's game).



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 484,936, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,865
    Points
    484,936
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,175
    Given: 249

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Before someone asks, the student lots are not included in the limited ability mentioned in this release.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 12,108, Level: 33
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    khess83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Beaverdale-Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    589
    Points
    12,108
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Before someone asks, the student lots are not included in the limited ability mentioned in this release.
    Typically we tailgate in G4, looks like we are heading to the student lot. Man I am going to love to stare at the talent again!



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 43,425, Level: 64
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 825
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    JY07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,269
    Points
    43,425
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 84

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    haunted forest?!



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 56,393, Level: 73
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 657
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,003
    Points
    56,393
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 118

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Quote Originally Posted by JY07 View Post
    haunted forest?!
    Still haunted..



  6. #6
    Rookie
    Points: 12,219, Level: 33
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 431
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    gharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    458
    Points
    12,219
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 47

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneGB View Post
    Still haunted..



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Haunted forest will probably only allow so many cars.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 123,912, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,869
    Points
    123,912
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 454
    Given: 582

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    As of 7pm Wed. night G2/G3 (student lots) and G8 are fine. G4/G5 are only painted for half of the lots because of still standing water in a portion of G5. The Haunted Forest yesterday was all dirt (I think they tore out most the grass or something?) I'm guessing that's a mess after last nights rain but I didn't drive by it today.


    https://admin.xosn.com/pics31/1024/R...B_OEM_ID=10700


    @AtownCY

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 444,919, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,288
    Points
    444,919
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 96

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Haunted Forest re-did the barrier along the water if I'm not mistaken. Its been like that for a few weeks.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 229,567, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,301
    Points
    229,567
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,266
    Given: 125

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    So the Public Paved lots immediately North of Center Drive are closed???



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 56,124, Level: 73
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    5,122
    Points
    56,124
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 620
    Given: 95

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    So the Public Paved lots immediately North of Center Drive are closed???
    yes



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,369, Level: 82
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,081
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    aauummm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the Road
    Posts
    4,104
    Points
    70,369
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 2,708

    Re: Rain limits some ISU football public parking

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Steady rain showers late Tuesday prompted ISU officials to close additional areas in some public parking lots for the Sept. 2 Iowa State-Northern Illinois football game. Grass lots G-4, G-5 and G-8 will have limited availability due to saturated ground. The public lots north of Center Drive also remain closed to accommodate flood recovery work in Hilton Coliseum.

    Fans are encouraged to car pool and utilize smaller vehicles, rather than bring buses and RVs. Early arrival to the game also is advised.

    Public parking areas near the College of Veterinary Medicine and all donor lots are expected to remain accessible. Public parking options include the use of paved campus parking lots after 5 p.m. The free CyRide Orange (No.4) route will operate from the Kmart parking lot (1405 Buckeye Ave., off South 16th Street), beginning at 5 p.m. and running until after the conclusion of the game. Riders are cautioned that wait times between shuttles, especially after the game, could be long.

    All available lots open at 1 p.m. Thursday. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. Public parking costs are $20 per car ($40 for RVs and buses, which are discouraged for this week's game).
    I am right now in D2, an RV donor lot. The donor lots are all back to normal. The pavement has been cleaned. Some minor damage to the paving has been fixed. Crews are working on the stadium sound/video system. From what I heard coming from the Jack, it didn't sound like the old sound system to me! Much louder and clearer.

    I would say that there are as many RV's here as there were last year for the first game and probably more. No rain yet.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM