Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 209

Updated recruits

Iowa State Cyclones Football: CycloneReport.com

Kyle Boyd, Jared Brackens, and Sam Richardson(QB) are now 3 stars.

Sam Richardson(DB) is now a 2 star.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 43

Re: Updated recruits

I think more of the current guys will become "starred" as time goes on as well. If Miller doesn't, it will simply be because he is from a small town in Iowa.

I don't buy the theory that recruits drop stars when we sign them. I would possibly buy the fact that someone who is evaluated after signing with us may .1 lower than if they were still open. Having said that I am happy that we are signing 3 star guys before they are rated. This is how it works and this is how our staff has to go about it. Wee need to get other teams plan Bs before them.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 3

I wonder if we'll get any 4 star's. Im glad to see our QB at 3 stars.

Recruit
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Kinda off topic, but i was talkin to one of the players yesterday and asked if him what game he wanted most this year and he said the Texas Tech game. I asked him why and he said that Tommy Tubberville went after sam richardson after he committed to us and sam called coach Rhoads and told him that he was going to go to tech. Long story short rhoads talked him into staying, but according to the player coach was not happy because it was the second recruit he has tried stealing if any of you guys remember Cqulin Hubert.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone111 View Post
    Kinda off topic, but i was talkin to one of the players yesterday and asked if him what game he wanted most this year and he said the Texas Tech game. I asked him why and he said that Tommy Tubberville went after sam richardson after he committed to us and sam called coach Rhoads and told him that he was going to go to tech. Long story short rhoads talked him into staying, but according to the player coach was not happy because it was the second recruit he has tried stealing if any of you guys remember Cqulin Hubert.
    How could we forget? That was a big one. I hope we beat the **** out of Tech.

Until they sign, coaches can do whatever they want. I don't have a problem with it normally. What bothers me a little is that I would think he would have a little more respect for a guy who worked for him and was the single reaqson he had a job as long as he did. Honestly, if it weren't for PR he would have been gone at least a year earlier. I hope SR told Tuberville he was going there and then got to call him back and tell him PR is actually better than he is.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

man, college recruiting is a dirty business. tommy tubs can go **** himself

Pro
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 448
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 51

Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post

Until they sign, coaches can do whatever they want. I don't have a problem with it normally. What bothers me a little is that I would think he would have a little more respect for a guy who worked for him and was the single reaqson he had a job as long as he did. Honestly, if it weren't for PR he would have been gone at least a year earlier. I hope SR told Tuberville he was going there and then got to call him back and tell him PR is actually better than he is.
    Rhoads defense kept Auburn from losing to Mississippi State in '08 - I remember that game only because Auburn won 3-2, one of the craziest games I've ever seen.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 272

Good info... which Sam Richardson is Tech trying to steal?

Prospect
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

Actually CPR only coached under Tuberville for one year. Tuberville left when the university violated his contract. If Sam Richardson really has a 40" vertical, TTU won't be the last team who goes after him.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by volfaniniowa View Post
    Actually CPR only coached under Tuberville for one year. Tuberville left when the university violated his contract. If Sam Richardson really has a 40" vertical, TTU won't be the last team who goes after him.
    By god, you're right. I was off a year. Still, he offered PR the job twice. One time was before Chiz ended up taking it and the second PR took it. He thought enough of him to do that, yet he pulled this.

Don't get me wrong, you have to do what you have to do but I would think someone who at one time must have thought the world of the guy would give him some sort of a break. I guess not though. Good luck TT. I can't wait to watch PRs boys stomp a hole in your team.

Or so I have read.

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Given: 5

By god, you're right. I was off a year. Still, he offered PR the job twice. One time was before Chiz ended up taking it and the second PR took it. He thought enough of him to do that, yet he pulled this.

Don't get me wrong, you have to do what you have to do but I would think someone who at one time must have thought the world of the guy would give him some sort of a break. I guess not though. Good luck TT. I can't wait to watch PRs boys stomp a hole in your team.
    When you're coaching AGAINST a guy, you can respect him, but it doesn't mean you can't go after the same players. What do you think this is little league? Get real. These guys are getting paid 900K+ to win football games for their respective schools, not be B****ingF's.

NHL teams need to be added to the favorite teams section.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson10 View Post
    When you're coaching AGAINST a guy, you can respect him, but it doesn't mean you can't go after the same players. What do you think this is little league? Get real. These guys are getting paid 900K+ to win football games for their respective schools, not be B****ingF's.
    And if you would have read the whole thing you would have seen where I said I understand how it works. That doesn't mean I have to agree with it does it? You don't think there is a sort of respect between some coaches in terms of how you go about things? Wake up. If they wanted him so damn bad why was there not a scholarship offer prior to commitment? I had no problem with the Hubert deal. This one just seems weird because of the timing.

Or so I have read.

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

FYI to add more salt to the wound Cqulin is apparently doing well at TT.

Tech freshman linebacker Hubert making name for himself | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 521
    Given: 272

Quote Originally Posted by TheHelgo View Post
    man, college recruiting is a dirty business. tommy tubs can go **** himself
    Goes with the territory, its all part of the game. Rhoads stole Shontrelle Johnson last year after he was committed to Northwestern.

Mariner Moose
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,563
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 559

Quote Originally Posted by CloneIce View Post
    Goes with the territory, its all part of the game. Rhoads stole Shontrelle Johnson last year after he was committed to Northwestern.
    I want to say Johnson kind of bounced around a bit last year, committing two or three times, when all was said and done. We were just the last commitment.