Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Bear defender petitioning for McNabb?

The first time Bears defensive lineman Tommie Harris mentioned the idea of Donovan McNabb playing for the Bears -- and winning a Super Bowl -- the media throng gathered around him let it go. Same for the second time and the third. And Harris wasn't done, capping his comments with, "Hopefully we get Donovan." Harris backtracked on Saturday, saying he was kidding and if incumbent starter Rex Grossman was offended, Harris would apologize.
    Also...some info on McNabb's knee...

It is not clear whether Donovan McNabb will be ready for the start of the season, after undergoing knee surgery late last year. You would think that would be the case, given his participation in minicamp, but he wouldn't say as much when he addressed reporters Thursday. What is clear is that some sort of organizational timetable has been drawn up, that the lines of succession have been drawn. McNabb is still The Guy. But Kevin Kolb is The Next Guy. And A.J. Feeley could find himself The In-Between Guy.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Bear defender petitioning for McNabb?

I can't imagine the Eagles would give up McNabb without looking for some extraordinary value in return. Does anyone know when McNabb is eligible for free agency? But if the Bears could land him, that would turn them into perhaps a Super Bowl favorite. They could have beaten the Colts last year if they'd had better play out of the QB position. I have nothing against Grossman (other than his inconsistency), but I think Harris' implied comments are right. The Bears probably can't win the big one with Grossman at the helm.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 176
    Given: 208

Re: Bear defender petitioning for McNabb?

I'll be somewhat surprised if McNabb is ready for Week 1 of the season. When I read that he had gotten on the field way ahead of schedule last week - my first thought was "this is a show".

McNabb feels very threatened right now. First he hasn't been healthy the past few seasons. Second, Garcia fills in for him and leads the team to the playoffs - arguably playing better than McNabb did in '06.

But then, the Eagles don't retain Garcia - seemingly (to me anyways) to appease McNabb. Then, with their first pick of the draft they reach and draft a QB.

My personal feeling is if the Bears and Eagles were to make some sort of (unlikely) trade, the Eagles would end up with the better end of that deal.