Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 41,580, Level: 62
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Balrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    684
    Points
    41,580
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 11

    As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    we play three teams in a row, Texas Tech, Utah, and Oklahoma, that have their bye weeks, before they play us.
    Hmmmmmmmm, should we give a darn? (Obviously, it is what it is.)
    Help or hindrance?

    GO CYCLONES


    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    J.R.R. Tolkien

  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 48,094, Level: 67
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    atlantacyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fontvieille Monaco
    Posts
    3,811
    Points
    48,094
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 6

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Time for some upsets.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 66,730, Level: 80
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,320
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,262
    Points
    66,730
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    I think we've analyzed our schedule enough. Now that the season is upon us we need to focus on one game at a time and just roll with it.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,004, Level: 82
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,508
    Points
    71,004
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 0

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    I think we've analyzed our schedule enough. Now that the season is upon us we need to focus on one game at a time and just roll with it.
    I hate it when fans say this. Do the coaches and players need to focus on one game at a time? Absolutely. But do we, as fans, have any kind of outcome on the players concentration? Is Money going to drop a critical pass in the NIU game because I'm focusing on the Iowa game? Absolutely not. It's asinine to pretend like the fans have anything to gain or lose by focusing on one game at a time.

    I'm sorry, that wasn't directed toward you, I just had to rant about it.



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 717,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    45,688
    Points
    717,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 467
    Given: 245

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    we play three teams in a row, Texas Tech, Utah, and Oklahoma, that have their bye weeks, before they play us.
    Hmmmmmmmm, should we give a darn? (Obviously, it is what it is.)
    Help or hindrance?

    GO CYCLONES
    It's really a toss up. Sometimes they'll get out of sync, sometimes they'll be refreshed and better prepared. Let's hope for the former, but give them our best game either way.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 378,723, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,291
    Points
    378,723
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 76
    Given: 91

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    They will be sharp since they just played a game and the mistakes are fresh their minds to correct.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,991, Level: 76
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 659
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,894
    Points
    60,991
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 104

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    The only thing that matters right now is NIU. Focus on that game. Our players and coaches certainly are. We have players in a system right now that really believes in it's coaching staff. We also have the talent and a little chip on our shoulder for being "over-looked" in '10 as usual. Not to mention, this team has tasted success and clearly wants more.

    One game at a time, we know it is a daunting task...but I would rather have it this way. There shouldn't be any of this, "we played down to the level of our opponet" crap. NIU will be a tough game, but I feel a tough opponet will set us up to be better prepaired for week 2, and so on and so forth.

    Go Cyclones! It is time to beat some quality opponets this year! We have the perfect coach to do it.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 56,635, Level: 73
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,870
    Points
    56,635
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I hate it when fans say this. Do the coaches and players need to focus on one game at a time? Absolutely. But do we, as fans, have any kind of outcome on the players concentration? Is Money going to drop a critical pass in the NIU game because I'm focusing on the Iowa game? Absolutely not. It's asinine to pretend like the fans have anything to gain or lose by focusing on one game at a time.

    I'm sorry, that wasn't directed toward you, I just had to rant about it.
    Agreed 100%. People are always getting mad on here if you talk about "What Ifs." They say "lets focus on winning our first one before we talk about the North title" Why does it matter at all if somebody wants to talk about winning the National Title in 2016. Its just random conversation among FANS. I doubt the team is getting on CF hourly and losing focus on NIU because of us..



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,716, Level: 90
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,695
    Points
    84,716
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by Balrog View Post
    we play three teams in a row, Texas Tech, Utah, and Oklahoma, that have their bye weeks, before they play us.
    Hmmmmmmmm, should we give a darn? (Obviously, it is what it is.)
    Help or hindrance?

    GO CYCLONES
    The fli flop of Utah and KSU in our schedule really hurts us. With Utah replacing so much on defense, it was to our benefit to play them earlier on in the year. Now they get time to gel/learn/find weaknesses. Then they get their weak off to straighten things out.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 352,746, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,485
    Points
    352,746
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 9

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by tazclone View Post
    The fli flop of Utah and KSU in our schedule really hurts us. With Utah replacing so much on defense, it was to our benefit to play them earlier on in the year. Now they get time to gel/learn/find weaknesses. Then they get their weak off to straighten things out.
    The same thing could be said for us....


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 84,716, Level: 90
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 834
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,695
    Points
    84,716
    Level
    90
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingCY View Post
    The only thing that matters right now is NIU. Focus on that game. Our players and coaches certainly are. We have players in a system right now that really believes in it's coaching staff. We also have the talent and a little chip on our shoulder for being "over-looked" in '10 as usual. Not to mention, this team has tasted success and clearly wants more.

    One game at a time, we know it is a daunting task...but I would rather have it this way. There shouldn't be any of this, "we played down to the level of our opponet" crap. NIU will be a tough game, but I feel a tough opponet will set us up to be better prepaired for week 2, and so on and so forth.

    Go Cyclones! It is time to beat some quality opponets this year! We have the perfect coach to do it.
    1. We don't play the game so it is all right for us to look ahead
    2. Tougher opponents don't set you up for later int he season. Playing tough opponents weak in and weak out does not better prepare you. It beats you up and wears you down. Year in and year out, the teams with tough schedule don't do all that great.
    3. I am as sick of hearing about our tough schedue as anyone. It is what it is.


    "Not at the table Carlos."

  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 140,793, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,519
    Points
    140,793
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    I think we've analyzed our schedule enough. Now that the season is upon us we need to focus on one game at a time and just roll with it.
    I think the players and coaches need to do this........ I don't think it means jack **** what we message boarders do!!! WOW, how did that word make it thru????


    Last edited by bos; 08-30-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: language

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 50,559, Level: 69
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 591
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,828
    Points
    50,559
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Get over it people its the schedule we have lets just go out and give them hell.



  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 66,730, Level: 80
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,320
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,262
    Points
    66,730
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Didn't mean to get people upset haha.



  15. #15
    All-Star
    Points: 56,635, Level: 73
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 415
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,870
    Points
    56,635
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 4

    Re: As if our football schedule wasn't daunting enough .............

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    Didn't mean to get people upset haha.
    I won't speak for anybody else but I wasn't directed at any one person, just always had this opinion and seemed like a good time to get it off my chest. If you would rather focus on one game at a time, that is perfectly fine with me. Didn't mean for it to seem like an attack on one person.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM