Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 11

Clone Zone?

Question for all.

I live in Wisconsin without Cable. Last year I subscribed to Clone Zone to watch ISU football, but more often than not the game was picked up last second by some obscure sports TV network and was not available on CZ. Since I am in Big 10 territory, I couldn't watch games at the local pub. Most of the time I had to find it on channelsurfing or Justin TV.

I am wondering if I should subscribe again this year to CZ if most of the games will not actually be shown on the network. Is it worth the money?

Also will KXNO or some other radio network be streaming the game online this year?

Thanks!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 72

Re: Clone Zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Question for all.

I live in Wisconsin without Cable. Last year I subscribed to Clone Zone to watch ISU football, but more often than not the game was picked up last second by some obscure sports TV network and was not available on CZ. Since I am in Big 10 territory, I couldn't watch games at the local pub. Most of the time I had to find it on channelsurfing or Justin TV.

I am wondering if I should subscribe again this year to CZ if most of the games will not actually be shown on the network. Is it worth the money?

Also will KXNO or some other radio network be streaming the game online this year?

Thanks!
    I cant speak for CZ, but as far as local stations streaming the game via radio, Most of the time they are not carried online. you would need to get Yahoo audio or somthing like that...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 93

If you work hard enough (ie. searching about 12 stations) you can most home games on the radio. I had clonezone last year but bit the bullet to get sports tier added to my cable.

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

I believe Clone Zone has an "audio-only" subscription as well.

At most, only 1 football game per year would be shown (video) on Clone Zone. It's usually the Thursday night game, but that was picked up for TV. There was also a rare occurrence last season where the Army game was allowed to be webcast because FSN didn't pick a game in that time slot and "released" all the games in order to allow the schools to do webcasts.

Cyclone Radio Network affiliates are prohibited from streaming ISU games. Most comply. Some don't.

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47

Block yourself off of any media until Monday. Then watch the replay on Clone Zone.

Addict
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,540
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 922
    Given: 48

I did just the audio last year, and probably will again this. It's better than nothing.

Legend
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 695
    Given: 561

Question for all.

Thanks!
    CloneZone has come a long way. It's gone from a gimmick that worked about half the time, to something you absolutely must have if you're an ISU fan out of state, especially out of Big 12 country.

They have live audio of every game now, and sometimes live video of untelevised games. They also have archived games a few days later so you can watch one if you miss it. There have been several times I've thought I was going to be able to catch a game on FCS or Fox Sports only to have the rug pulled out from me by Big Ten country tv choices.

Clone Zone is more reliable than Yahoo was when our audio was monthly fee through Yahoo. I'll be getting it this year as my "backup" gameday watching plan along with the replays even though I think there's a chance it ends up having no live broadcasts (basically if the powers that be deny us to webcast UNI game).

Also Clone Zone is legal (unlike some other online radio broadcasts) and the $ goes back to ISU athletics.

Legend
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 695
    Given: 561

Question for all.

Thanks!
    I'd also like to add that last year was INCREDIBLE for ISU basketball fans living out of state who don't have $200 a month sat TV packages.

Between Clone Zone early in the season and ESPN 360 (now ESPN 3) I was able to follow nearly the entire basketball season for just $10 a month. The 4-5 games I didn't have video of I still had audio for on Clone Zone.

Even though we weren't very good, it really got me into ISU basketball when my attention had been lagging due to bad teams and living out of state with it so hard/expensive to follow games.

Rookie
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1

Hey Peter, where do you plan on watching the game Thurs? Most bars in Madison will have FSN and will be able to play it. I'm thinking of checking at the come back inn and seeing if they can put it on.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 329

Quote Originally Posted by clonefanpaul View Post
    Hey Peter, where do you plan on watching the game Thurs? Most bars in Madison will have FSN and will be able to play it. I'm thinking of checking at the come back inn and seeing if they can put it on.
    Just make sure whereber you go to watch it has satellite.

I say that because I get FSNorth (Minnesota) on my cable system, but the game will be tape-delayed to carry the Twins live. I did not look at FSNorth (Wiscosin), but the game may also be delayed if the Brewers play that night.

Pro
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Question for all.

Thanks!
    go to state street and blow off the game!

Honor Before Victory

Addict
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63

Quote Originally Posted by fccy View Post
    Just make sure whereber you go to watch it has satellite.

I say that because I get FSNorth (Minnesota) on my cable system, but the game will be tape-delayed to carry the Twins live. I did not look at FSNorth (Wiscosin), but the game may also be delayed if the Brewers play that night.
    Wisconsin - good (Brewers are off)
    Minnesota - no good (Twins/Tigers game)

If you live in Iowa, and FSNorth is your primary affiliate on cable, there is still a chance you will get the ISU game. There was a similar situation for the ISU-Iowa game last year.

Addict
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

So my understanding is that CloneZOne doesn't carry many video feeds for football games. They are running a special for $55/year right now, but I don't want to sit and listen to the game. I want to watch it.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6

I don't know if the Madison Alumni Assoc. has a game watch tonight, but Pooley's is the official location. You could always call them and see if they will put the game on. Here's the link to the Madison ISUAA homepage.

Iowa State University Alumni Association - ISU Alumni Association Club of Madison

Addict
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by jl112481 View Post
    I don't know if the Madison Alumni Assoc. has a game watch tonight, but Pooley's is the official location. You could always call them and see if they will put the game on. Here's the link to the Madison ISUAA homepage.

Iowa State University Alumni Association - ISU Alumni Association Club of Madison

Live in Wyoming