Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Is it wrong...?

  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 83,725, Level: 89
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    cstrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    8,052
    Points
    83,725
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 0

    Question Is it wrong...?

    To wear ISU gear to another college sporting event that has nothing to do with the Cyclones?

    For example, I will be in Ft. Worth this fall and plan on going to a TCU game or two to help ease the pain of not being in Ames. Would it be wrong of me to wear my ISU hat and neutral clothing to the game? I will probably root for TCU and end up getting a t-shirt.

    I've noticed people referencing this topic when talking about Hawk fans present at other games (even non-ISU/UNI events) and everyone seems to talk down about it. I don't really see a problem with wearing some gear of the college you root for even if they are not participating in the event. Some people just like to watch college sports in general.


    Last edited by cstrunk; 08-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 426,275, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,649
    Points
    426,275
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 1

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    If you are wearing gear of another team not related to the 2 playing, I consider you a *********.

    *Provided that the gear of said third team isn't on the same level as the other two. For example, I don't see an issue wearing Iowa State stuff to a Chiefs game, or an Iowa State shirt to an NBA game.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 143,906, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUKyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    9,522
    Points
    143,906
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 46

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    You'll be fine. Most people won't even know where or what ISU is.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 8,971, Level: 28
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Boone
    Posts
    822
    Points
    8,971
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    I see people all yr wear iowa gear to our games , I dont care we will take their money anytime ...lol wouldnt bother me .



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 402,129, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,289
    Points
    402,129
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 61

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Nothing wrong with that, especially if its just a hat.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 213,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,021
    Points
    213,778
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 0

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    If you wear an ISU hat and TCU shirt you should be ok.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 99,800, Level: 98
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,250
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,897
    Points
    99,800
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 0

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    If you wear an ISU hat and TCU shirt you should be ok.
    Should be OK? Please, mixing red with purple is a complete fashion faux pas.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 274,479, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,336
    Points
    274,479
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 7

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Absolutely nothing wrong with a hat. Now if you wear a jersey, then that is going overboard.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 170,347, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    snowcraig2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    6,966
    Points
    170,347
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 15

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Just go neutral.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 73,199, Level: 84
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,651
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,419
    Points
    73,199
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    hats are ok. i have an oklahoma sooners hat. Any more than that is not cool IMO



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 17,106, Level: 39
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kkise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    1,064
    Points
    17,106
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 7

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    hats are ok. i have an oklahoma sooners hat. Any more than that is not cool IMO
    Either this or snowcraig's suggestion.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 401,243, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    20,844
    Points
    401,243
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 122
    Given: 41

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    I dont see it as a big deal, provided its not the team of a rival. Hate the hawks that wear hawk stuff to an ISU game, and would not do the reverse in Iowa City at one of their other games, if i had any actual desire to ever go to iowa city.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 44,043, Level: 64
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cycloneML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,113
    Points
    44,043
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    If you are wearing gear of another team not related to the 2 playing, I consider you a *********.

    *Provided that the gear of said third team isn't on the same level as the other two. For example, I don't see an issue wearing Iowa State stuff to a Chiefs game, or an Iowa State shirt to an NBA game.

    I wore an isu jersey to the chiefs vikes game a couple of years ago and had roughly 8 redneck chiefs fans want to mix it up. (by the way, I am a chiefs fan.)


    Honor Before Victory

  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 42,065, Level: 63
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 885
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MNCYWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spamville, MN
    Posts
    1,127
    Points
    42,065
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 10

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Quote Originally Posted by cstrunk View Post
    To wear ISU gear to another college sporting event that has nothing to do with the Cyclones?

    For example, I will be in Ft. Worth this fall and plan on going to a TCU game or two to help ease the pain of not being in Ames. Would it be wrong of me to wear my ISU hat and neutral clothing to the game? I will probably root for TCU and end up getting a t-shirt.

    I've noticed people referencing this topic when talking about Hawk fans present at other games (even non-ISU/UNI events) and everyone seems to talk down about it. I don't really see a problem with wearing some gear of the college you root for even if they are not participating in the event. Some people just like to watch college sports in general.
    Watch out. Some TCU fans might make you watch the game from the garage.


    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 18,725, Level: 41
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grimes
    Posts
    788
    Points
    18,725
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is it wrong...?

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    I dont see it as a big deal, provided its not the team of a rival. Hate the hawks that wear hawk stuff to an ISU game, and would not do the reverse in Iowa City at one of their other games, if i had any actual desire to ever go to iowa city.

    +1



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM