Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 24,057, Level: 47
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,145
    Points
    24,057
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Now that the twins have picked up 2 solid relief pitchers in matt capps and now brian fuentes, will the twins trade him and finally get that "ace" for their staff?



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 11,595, Level: 32
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    292
    Points
    11,595
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 7

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    Now that the twins have picked up 2 solid relief pitchers in matt capps and now brian fuentes, will the twins trade him and finally get that "ace" for their staff?
    I'll admit I haven't seen every game, but from what I've seen, calling Matt Capps a solid relief pitcher might be a stretch.



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 30,956, Level: 54
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 994
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,813
    Points
    30,956
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 7

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Fuentes will be gone, the option will almost assuredly not vest and the Twins will let him go.
    Also a couple of Rauch, Guerrier and Crain are liable to be gone as they hit FA after this season. Also coming off an injury Nathan's value will be low and likely worth more to the Twins than what any other team would be willing to pay. Finally, Francisco Liriano is legitimate ace.



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 117,366, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Haverhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    4,978
    Points
    117,366
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 108

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Joe Nathan can come to the Cardinals. I'll welcome him with open arms.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 121,252, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,576
    Points
    121,252
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,061
    Given: 63

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    It sometimes takes a while for someone to come back from Tommy John surgery. Look at Lirino.

    There's real concern that Nathan might not be ready to start the season and that's where Capps will help out.



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 354,957, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    20,654
    Points
    354,957
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,058
    Given: 3,314

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Fuentes will be gone, the option will almost assuredly not vest and the Twins will let him go.
    Also a couple of Rauch, Guerrier and Crain are liable to be gone as they hit FA after this season. Also coming off an injury Nathan's value will be low and likely worth more to the Twins than what any other team would be willing to pay. Finally, Francisco Liriano is legitimate ace.
    This post is correct on all accounts. Nathan will setup Capps to start the season. Fuentes will be gone, along with two of the three FAs listed above. And Liriano is the Twins' ace.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 24,057, Level: 47
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,145
    Points
    24,057
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 2

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iastfan112 View Post
    Finally, Francisco Liriano is legitimate ace.
    having a 12-3 season shortened by injury and a 12-7 dont qualify you as a "legitimate ace". had he not gotten injured in 2006 he'd easily be an ace. i think he has a breakthrough season next year and then we can talk about him being an ace



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 354,957, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    20,654
    Points
    354,957
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,058
    Given: 3,314

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    having a 12-3 season shortened by injury and a 12-7 dont qualify you as a "legitimate ace". had he not gotten injured in 2006 he'd easily be an ace. i think he has a breakthrough season next year and then we can talk about him being an ace
    By your definition of an ace. By my definition, he is the Twins' ace.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 118,396, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    7,632
    Points
    118,396
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 332

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    So the Twins work to improve their bullpen while the Sox do nothing. All of the sudden, I feel a little better than I did a few days ago.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I didn't know Satan posted on here. Because clearly with this opinion, you're the devil.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 30,956, Level: 54
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 994
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,813
    Points
    30,956
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 7

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeh8r View Post
    having a 12-3 season shortened by injury and a 12-7 dont qualify you as a "legitimate ace". had he not gotten injured in 2006 he'd easily be an ace. i think he has a breakthrough season next year and then we can talk about him being an ace
    Wins are an awful metric to judge a pitcher by. A pitcher can go 5 innings and give up 6 runs but still get a win and also can go 8 innings give up 2 runs and get a loss. Way to dependent on team performance on to be useful for gauging how well they pitch.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 35,141, Level: 57
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsSocial

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,683
    Points
    35,141
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 126

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    So the Twins work to improve their bullpen while the Sox do nothing. All of the sudden, I feel a little better than I did a few days ago.
    You kidding? They picked up Manny to bolster their DL.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 118,396, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    7,632
    Points
    118,396
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 547
    Given: 332

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone06 View Post
    You kidding? They picked up Manny to bolster their DL.
    While that is true, I was referring to the White Sox not making a move to bolster their bullpen.


    Quote Originally Posted by cyrocksmypants View Post
    I didn't know Satan posted on here. Because clearly with this opinion, you're the devil.

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 429,587, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    64,388
    Points
    429,587
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,355
    Given: 1,007

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Maybe the Twins can go out and get Stephen Strasberg after surgery.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Dustin, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 37,660, Level: 59
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Clonegrad07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,419
    Points
    37,660
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 90

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    This post is correct on all accounts. Nathan will setup Capps to start the season. Fuentes will be gone, along with two of the three FAs listed above. And Liriano is the Twins' ace.
    Are you crazy? Joe Nathan is one of the best three closers in baseball when healthy. If he's healthy, he's the closer. Matt Capps will set up or be traded.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,794, Level: 77
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,561
    Points
    62,794
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 5

    Re: Where will joe nathan be next year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clonegrad07 View Post
    Are you crazy? Joe Nathan is one of the best three closers in baseball when healthy. If he's healthy, he's the closer. Matt Capps will set up or be traded.
    Nathan likely won't be healthy enough to be the closer to start the season, thus the comment of him setting up Capps to START the season.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • August 29, 2015
  • 06:00 PM