Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 71

Cyclone Paint Colors

I am looking at getting some paint in Iowa State colors. I am wanting the four colors in our logo (the Cardinal, Cardinal Shade, Gold, & Gold Shade). I got the RGB codes for these colors off Cyclones.com, but how am I able to get paint in these colors. Will any stores be able to mix paint based off the RGB numbers or will I need to bring something in to the store that they can match the color off of (a shirt, poster, or something along those lines). I would prefer to be able to use the RGB code...just b/c I think I would be able to get a more accurate color based off that, but I'm not sure if any places do that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 20

Re: Cyclone Paint Colors

Quote Originally Posted by every_yard View Post
    I am looking at getting some paint in Iowa State colors. I am wanting the four colors in our logo (the Cardinal, Cardinal Shade, Gold, & Gold Shade). I got the RGB codes for these colors off Cyclones.com, but how am I able to get paint in these colors. Will any stores be able to mix paint based off the RGB numbers or will I need to bring something in to the store that they can match the color off of (a shirt, poster, or something along those lines). I would prefer to be able to use the RGB code...just b/c I think I would be able to get a more accurate color based off that, but I'm not sure if any places do that.

Thanks!

If you go to Home Depot, Glidden has a whole booklet full of official colors for NCAA, NBA and NFL teams. I have gotten two of the four ISU colors there. I know they were able to get me the correct colors in Behr paint as well.

I'm guessing other home improvement stores will also have something similar.

Pro
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by every_yard View Post

Thanks!
    I'll chime in as I just painted my home office Cardinal Red and went through the ordeal.

I didn't have any luck with a store matching the RGB values, or the Pantone number. You do have a couple of options, though.

-Since the colors are specified with PMS (Pantone) numbers as well, you can go to www.pantone.com and get paint that EXACTLY matches the color. However, it's not cheap.

-You can go to the store with something "close" and hope they can match it

-There is a website that will compare the RGB values to various types of commercial paint and give you the delta-E value. From there you can find the colors you want. I can find it when I get home and PM it to you, if you like.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 0

Sherwin Williams has the true colors for Iowa State.