Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

Stinson, Blalock, and the NBA

My personal opinion on this is that I don't think we'll see either on an opening day roster this next winter. Stinson may get drafted in the 2nd round but I think he has too many flaws in his game to make a roster. He can't shoot 3's well, his defense is suspect, and at 6-2 he is going to have to play PG because the typical NBA SG these days are 6-6 or taller.

Blalock I think has more potential but he would have bettered himself coming back for another season. He has to be set and fairly open to get his 3 point shot off so I don't think his long range shooting would hold up well in the NBA until he learns to release his shoot faster. He'll be fine in the passing and ball handling and defense too but unless he plays out of his mind in some camps I don't see him getting drafted.

I hope both have good travel agents because I have a feeling they'll need them when they are approached to play overseas. I really dispise agents because they are even sleazier than used car salesmen. They don't care what is in the best interest of a player, even if it means them going back to school to test the draft later. They only care about potential commissions and in the end you see a lot of kids wind up undrafted or not make the roster that would have bettered themselves and their future draft stock by staying in school at least another year.

Go Cubs Go!

Addict
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,266
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17

Re: Stinson, Blalock, and the NBA

I pretty much agree...

Unless there is something that Blalock knows that the mock drafts or ourselves don't, I don't know why he would want to enter the draft with a good possibility of not even making the 2nd round. I hope he has made a good choice, but at this time I still think it would have been better for him to return for his final season. In the end, it is his decision and I will respect him for that and wish him the best!

The same goes for Stinson as well, he needed to work on his game for another year IMO, but it's his choice too, and with family responsibilities to deal with, I don't blame him for wanting the money a year sooner.

Good luck to both!

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

I think Stinson is more NBA ready. He plays physical on both sides of the ball, sure he can't shoot- but his intangibles make up for some of that. He would certainly have all kinds of time and help to improve his shot -his intangibles you can't teach. He was all Big-12 on Defense as voted on by the coaches, I think he is terribly under-rated in that respect by our own fans. He was the one boxing out on D, on free throws, on jumpers -where Will was saving energy and looking to run to the other end.

Will has so much work to do defensively before he can make a roster. He doesn't play physically -and shys away from contact around the basket offensively -hence all the blown layups for 3 years. "Finishing" is something that can't be taught IMO -you either have it or you don't. That is the type of player that seems to make it in the league -guys that can handle the physical play (offense AND defense) -and that can finish in traffic. Will's double pump bricks time and again aren't going to play on the next level -nor will the slow release.

I hope they both make it -love to have 2 more guys to follow next year!! It's just wishful thinking I'm afraid -too many flaws for now -but maybe with a few years of seasoning in Europe we may see them both. It doesn't matter how high you can jump or your 40 speed at the next level -everyone can run and jump. The individual workouts aren't going to help anything. The game film doesn't lie. It's the guys with the intangibles and toughness that are going to make it.

Go Cyclones!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 261

Maybe Rashon will get to the NBA faster than Will or Curtis.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Starter
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I think that Curtis could play SG in the NBA. There are plenty of good, undersized SGs in the NBA. Look at Allen Iverson and Leandro Barbosa. I agree that Stinson was grossly underated by our fans and I think that given a few years his game will thrive in the NBA, no matter what position he is asked to play.

Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

is this "Jeopardy"??

Stinson, Blalock, and the NBA .....................

Name 3 things that won't be together....ever ;D ;D

Duke Kahanamoku