Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Google Chrome Help

Just needing someone smarter then me with a computer to help me out. During the whole virus outbreak here on CF, my mcafee kept giving me a pop up asking for my permission to allow google chrome to connect to the internet. It has never done that before so I had a bad feeling about it and hit block.

Now it won't let me on at all. I unistalled and installed and still nothing. How do I get it to allow google chrome again??

Rookie
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Google Chrome Help

Quote Originally Posted by bellzisu View Post
    Just needing someone smarter then me with a computer to help me out. During the whole virus outbreak here on CF, my mcafee kept giving me a pop up asking for my permission to allow google chrome to connect to the internet. It has never done that before so I had a bad feeling about it and hit block.

Now it won't let me on at all. I unistalled and installed and still nothing. How do I get it to allow google chrome again??
    Open up your virus software and look to see if it has an allowed programs or firewall setting. You will need to remove Chrome from the ban list so that it can be allowed to open up properly.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

If you go to the navigation button at the top right, click on Quarantined and Trusted Items and check in the Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs tab and remove Chrome from there if it is listed, that might fix it.

You can't die. That would upset the equilibrium in the Cave.
    Warning: Posts contain 98% post-sarcastic content.
    Hoiball

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 8

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith86 View Post
    If you go to the navigation button at the top right, click on Quarantined and Trusted Items and check in the Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs tab and remove Chrome from there if it is listed, that might fix it.

Found it and got it working... Thanks guys...

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,536
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I use Chrome and did the same thing. I left it blocked and didn't use it for days (though this was last week, before the more severe warnings this weekend).

I wasn't sure why it blocked it at the time, but obviously it now appears related to the issues here. I thought it was more of a random thing then, as at that moment I was logging into a little used, almost new to this computer, public network (but long used, and trusted).

Last edited by Clone83; 08-24-2010 at 09:40 PM.