Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 12,706, Level: 34
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 644
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    clonefreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ames
    Posts
    657
    Points
    12,706
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 3

    Ames Saturday night

    Was anyone out in Ames saturday night? I was walking back to my friends car at bar close and we were walking towards cyclone and there were about 10 cop cars, people all around the street and cops everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened and if any football players were involved because i literally ran into every single football player i could think of on the team.

    Austin Arnaud was denied access to Paddys because the bars were so packed. One of his friends tried to pull have respect for your quarterback...that **** doesnt need to happen here its not iowa city, wait in line like everyone else.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 167,404, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    The_Architect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Focus Town
    Posts
    11,410
    Points
    167,404
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 987

    Re: Ames Saturday night



    While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefreek View Post
    Was anyone out in Ames saturday night? I was walking back to my friends car at bar close and we were walking towards cyclone and there were about 10 cop cars, people all around the street and cops everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened and if any football players were involved because i literally ran into every single football player i could think of on the team.

    Austin Arnaud was denied access to Paddys because the bars were so packed. One of his friends tried to pull have respect for your quarterback...that **** doesnt need to happen here its not iowa city, wait in line like everyone else.
    He's no Snooki.
    Name droppers are sad.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,505, Level: 61
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    tman24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,025
    Points
    39,505
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 17

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    I guess you didn't have friends that worked at bars did you? I got my friends into 'packed' bars all the time. Even after bars closed we kept drinking at one.


    Hooray for Metaphors!

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 174,460, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    GeronimusClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,249
    Points
    174,460
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    Quote Originally Posted by tman24 View Post
    I guess you didn't have friends that worked at bars did you? I got my friends into 'packed' bars all the time. Even after bars closed we kept drinking at one.
    I did. I didn't name drop, just walked in.


    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    The only answer to "who/what is GeronimusClone?" is in fact "GeronimousClone". You're like The Todd on Scrubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    This is why you're my favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    GC, he's obviously all man. And I don't think Ellen would go *****, even for GC...

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 119,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    A-town Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huxley
    Posts
    5,562
    Points
    119,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 139
    Given: 176

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    Quote Originally Posted by clonefreek View Post
    Was anyone out in Ames saturday night? I was walking back to my friends car at bar close and we were walking towards cyclone and there were about 10 cop cars, people all around the street and cops everywhere. I was wondering if anyone knew what happened and if any football players were involved because i literally ran into every single football player i could think of on the team.

    Austin Arnaud was denied access to Paddys because the bars were so packed. One of his friends tried to pull have respect for your quarterback...that **** doesnt need to happen here its not iowa city, wait in line like everyone else.
    Was that your first night out in Ames?



    “One day we’ll be in here celebrating a Big 12 championship,” Rhoads said. “That I can promise you.”

    "I hope to coach here until I retire," Hoiberg said.
    @AtownCY

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 94,915, Level: 95
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYdTracked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    8,695
    Points
    94,915
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 7

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    I hate crowded bars, hard to hold conversations with all the noise, takes forever to get drinks, and you are constantly getting bumped into if you aren't lucky enough to find a place to sit down at. I'll take a less crowded dive bar any time over some "meat market" bar with expensive watered down drinks.


    Go Cubs Go!

  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 484,482, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,062
    Points
    484,482
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 351
    Given: 106

    Re: Ames Saturday night

    I was there, at a buddys housewarming keg. When we saw the bar lines, we just said "**** it" and went back to the keg.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM