Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 72,838, Level: 83
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    TheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,096
    Points
    72,838
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 2

    In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Its been a long time since I've had any 'real' contact with the Iowa State
    Football team until about a month ago.This week was great !!
    Thanks again to Coachs' Rhoades-Burnham-Elliot- Bray .

    I came away from this past week with great expextations for our LB
    core. A.J. Klein is by far the best LB we have and he has a potential future at the next level.He is legit. Give him 2 years and he'll be a Butkus Award Winner guy.

    I spent most of my time with Jeremiah George and he is an All American in the waiting.He's pretty. He has big biceps. He is a stud in the weightroom.He looks like a bodybuilder.But...I can tell you that none of that matters....and he is finnaly starting to figure that out.His sqaut has went up 20 lbs. and Dead-Clean has went up over 35 lbs. from the time he reported.That means more than any bench or curl
    that he was doing.


    I seen him weigh in Fri. morn at 218.

    The body is there. He just needs to learn how to play LB at a Big 12 level.
    His first 2 steps are holding him back. He has great speed.
    His first step is what he needs to learn with playing time or through reps @ practice.He needs the expierence of avoiding or shedding the block.

    Its a learning process and he knows that.He told me that practicing vs. The
    First Team everday has taught him alot already.

    I expect good things from this guy in the future!


    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain cells, but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 50,739, Level: 69
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pyrocyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    2,830
    Points
    50,739
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    I really hope that we can red shirt him and have him around for 4 more years after this year. Unfortunately, we may need him as a back-up and on special teams.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Were going to need him to give us some time on the field. He's going to be something special in the future.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 92,709, Level: 94
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 441
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CloneFan4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pants Party
    Posts
    1,728
    Points
    92,709
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    You really feel that way about Klein? Everything I've heard has been about Knott.



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 37,247, Level: 59
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,584
    Points
    37,247
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 6

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    In theory, we could have a solid 2 years of George, Klein, and Knott as the LBs. Mix in the raw physical specimen that is Floyd Mattison and we are in good shape at the LB position.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 42,211, Level: 63
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 739
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,663
    Points
    42,211
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 11

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    In theory, we could have a solid 2 years of George, Klein, and Knott as the LBs. Mix in the raw physical specimen that is Floyd Mattison and we are in good shape at the LB position.
    Everybody seems to want to push Matt Tau'fo'ou aside. It would not surprise me to see him hold onto his starting position again next year.



  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,354, Level: 79
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arrowheaddrive.com
    Posts
    4,615
    Points
    65,354
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Everybody seems to want to push Matt Tau'fo'ou aside. It would not surprise me to see him hold onto his starting position again next year.
    Tau'fo'ou is for real. He is going to lock down the middle.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 171,985, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,394
    Points
    171,985
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by Clone9 View Post
    In theory, we could have a solid 2 years of George, Klein, and Knott as the LBs. Mix in the raw physical specimen that is Floyd Mattison and we are in good shape at the LB position.
    We are FAR from good shape at the LB position. None of our 3 starters have basically ANY Big 12 experience to speak of. And after those 3... it is all question marks... and smallish question marks in George, Mattison, and Morgan. None of them have the size needed quite yet ( with the exception of maye George ), much less any experience whatsoever.

    We were in a LOT better shape last season with veterans in Jesse Smith, Raven, Garrin, and Schmidgall... with some talented depth in Klein, Knott, and Tau-fou. This year we are EXTREMELY thin and unproven.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 227,057, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Clones21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    17,558
    Points
    227,057
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Were in good shape at our starting LBs. Our depth isn't to deep though.


    "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 355,688, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    18,866
    Points
    355,688
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 288
    Given: 37

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    We are FAR from good shape at the LB position. None of our 3 starters have basically ANY Big 12 experience to speak of. And after those 3... it is all question marks... and smallish question marks in George, Mattison, and Morgan. None of them have the size needed quite yet ( with the exception of maye George ), much less any experience whatsoever.

    We were in a LOT better shape last season with veterans in Jesse Smith, Raven, Garrin, and Schmidgall... with some talented depth in Klein, Knott, and Tau-fou. This year we are EXTREMELY thin and unproven.

    I'll take speed over size. IMO Mattison is a faster version of Ace. If you are smaller you need to be fast like Mattison. If you are slower, you need to be bigger. Of course, both would be great to have. As far as I'm concerned 220 is big enough to play LB if the speed is there. I didn't say it was ideal but it is sufficient.


    I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

    Or so I have read.

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 39,063, Level: 61
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,287
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,615
    Points
    39,063
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    our new LBs are more gifted athletically than last year's group. They have a long way to go to become better football players. However I think most will agree they will be better coached than the previous group was for a good portion of their Cyclone careers.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 65,354, Level: 79
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,096
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    RustShack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arrowheaddrive.com
    Posts
    4,615
    Points
    65,354
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    I would feel even worse if this were happening last year. At least these three starters have been in the system a full year now and know the defense. The might be a little lost at first... but they have great coaches and are very talented.. its not going to be a problem.



  13. #13
    Walk On Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    SSSSState's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    185
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I spent most of my time with Jeremiah George and he is an All American in the waiting.He's pretty. He has big biceps. He is a stud in the weightroom.He looks like a bodybuilder.But...I can tell you that none of that matters....and he is finnaly starting to figure that out.His sqaut has went up 20 lbs. and Dead-Clean has went up over 35 lbs. from the time he reported.That means more than any bench or curl
    that he was doing.
    I can't believe it took this many replies for someone to point this out.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 158,327, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,888
    Points
    158,327
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Its been a long time since I've had any 'real' contact with the Iowa State
    Football team until about a month ago.This week was great !!
    Thanks again to Coachs' Rhoades-Burnham-Elliot- Bray .

    I came away from this past week with great expextations for our LB
    core. A.J. Klein is by far the best LB we have and he has a potential future at the next level.He is legit. Give him 2 years and he'll be a Butkus Award Winner guy.

    I spent most of my time with Jeremiah George and he is an All American in the waiting.He's pretty. He has big biceps. He is a stud in the weightroom.He looks like a bodybuilder.But...I can tell you that none of that matters....and he is finnaly starting to figure that out.His sqaut has went up 20 lbs. and Dead-Clean has went up over 35 lbs. from the time he reported.That means more than any bench or curl
    that he was doing.

    !






    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 58,975, Level: 75
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,075
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    besserheimerphat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Posts
    2,488
    Points
    58,975
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 51
    Given: 46

    Re: In depth with #7 Jeremiah George

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Everybody seems to want to push Matt Tau'fo'ou aside. It would not surprise me to see him hold onto his starting position again next year.
    He's like the Jeff Woody of the defense.


    You can spend a lot of time and money picking out the perfect floral bouquet for your date ... but you're probably better off checking if you have bad breath and taking the porn out of the glove compartment.

    The moral: you gain more by not being stupid, than you do by being smart. Smart gets neutralized by other smart people. Stupid does not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM