Alex Carr (DB)
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Alex Carr (DB)

  1. #1
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    114
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Alex Carr (DB)

    I see rivals has him at 3 stars, not sure who he has offers from, but I like his film.

    Wonder if he could be a potential late offer?



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 16,794, Level: 39
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RedBlooded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,056
    Points
    16,794
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 9

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneINOregon View Post

    Wonder if he could be a potential late offer?
    I hope he is. we need some 3 star recruits

    Alex Carr - Yahoo! Sports



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 348,366, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,615
    Points
    348,366
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by headington View Post
    I hope he is. we need some 3 star recruits

    Alex Carr - Yahoo! Sports
    I still think some of the guys we have will be evaluated and ranked pretty well once the season roles around. I think QBSR could be a high 3-4 star. I also think Standard could jump to a 4 once the season begins. Rankings right now are in no way finalized. There is a long way to go before these things are something to take to heart. What I can gaurentee you is that offers have not been put out to back up plans. The guys offered are guys we really want. I will tell you, the way it is going this year, if this continues we will really be pushing to overtake or at least split with Iowa in state. Guys that really should have and would have been locks for them are now looking here and giving us some serious thought. Sure, we may not get the top 1-2 guys in the next couple years but we will be players.


    It's all snark from here on out

  4. #4
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    114
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by yaman3 View Post
    Guys that really should have and would have been locks for them are now looking here and giving us some serious thought. .
    Like...?

    I can't remember the last big time in stater we stole away from EIU.

    Would be nice.



  5. #5
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    114
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Recently...

    Keenan Davis
    Brandon Wegher
    Austin Blythe
    Jordan Cotton
    Colin Sandeman
    Tyler Sash
    AJ Derby
    Jordan Bernstien
    Conor Bofeli
    Drew Clark
    Tyler Nielson

    Its been a while it seems like

    I will say this, I think kids in the western part of the state will start to look at us over Iowa.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 103,725, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,464
    Points
    103,725
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 7

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Kids that have an Iowa and ISU offer for the 2011 class.

    Austin Blythe
    Christian French
    Henry Krieger-Coble

    Iowa got 2/3 with French probably going to ND. ISU has picked up 4 Iowa kids this year, but ISU is the only offer for all 4. The difference in this year than the past is that instead of letting these kids go to UNI and turn into studs, ISU is grabbing them. But like every other year, ISU is getting killed by the hawks in recruiting and that will continue until ISU consistently wins.

    As far as Carr, he likes ISU and camped in Ames this summer. His lack of offers is probably due to size and film. He is pretty small at 5'9 and 170 pounds. On top of that, he played behind Andre Dawson last season who is now at UNI. If Carr has a good senior year, he might get an ISU offer. The problem is that ISU might already be full for DB's with Brackens, Richardson, and Lynn. Maybe a grey-shirt or walk-on.



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 20,983, Level: 44
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    832
    Points
    20,983
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by headington View Post
    I hope he is. we need some 3 star recruits

    Alex Carr - Yahoo! Sports
    I don't mean to pick on you or recruiting services, because I follow them as well, but I don't understand why we should hope we offer a kid just because he's a 3 star recruit. We currently have commitments from four DBs. Three of them haven't been rated yet, and the other one (Darian Cotton) is ranked lower than Carr in the in-state Rivals rankings.

    Since those four DBs have Iowa State offers and we have accepted commitments from them, doesn't it stand to reason that our staff wanted them more than somebody they haven't even offered, even if that particular recruit has 3 stars on Rivals?



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 16,794, Level: 39
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RedBlooded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,056
    Points
    16,794
    Level
    39
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 9

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfan15 View Post
    I don't mean to pick on you or recruiting services, because I follow them as well, but I don't understand why we should hope we offer a kid just because he's a 3 star recruit. We currently have commitments from four DBs. Three of them haven't been rated yet, and the other one (Darian Cotton) is ranked lower than Carr in the in-state Rivals rankings.

    Since those four DBs have Iowa State offers and we have accepted commitments from them, doesn't it stand to reason that our staff wanted them more than somebody they haven't even offered, even if that particular recruit has 3 stars on Rivals?
    well he is a high ranked iowa kid. and I want them to bring in as many in-state kids as they can. and there is no such thing as having to much depth.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 348,366, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,615
    Points
    348,366
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by headington View Post
    well he is a high ranked iowa kid. and I want them to bring in as many in-state kids as they can. and there is no such thing as having to much depth.
    There is when you have more pressing needs.


    It's all snark from here on out

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 348,366, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,615
    Points
    348,366
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneINOregon View Post
    Like...?

    I can't remember the last big time in stater we stole away from EIU.

    Would be nice.
    I didn't say we got them. What I said was that are starting to give us a look.

    Cotton also would have waited longer for an Iowa offer 2 years ago. In this case he either committed early because A. He thought we may fill up or B. Really wanted to come here. Again, not saying we will get them this year or next, but we are certainly moving forward in this respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by CloneINOregon View Post
    Recently...

    Keenan Davis
    Brandon Wegher
    Austin Blythe
    Jordan Cotton
    Colin Sandeman
    Tyler Sash
    AJ Derby
    Jordan Bernstien
    Conor Bofeli
    Drew Clark
    Tyler Nielson

    Its been a while it seems like

    I will say this, I think kids in the western part of the state will start to look at us over Iowa.
    Does Austen Arnaud count?


    It's all snark from here on out

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 348,366, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Tre4ISU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Estherville
    Posts
    19,615
    Points
    348,366
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 743
    Given: 92

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    Oh, and also, you are griping in one thread about us getting guys with no offers and now you want us to take a guys with questionable offers just because they are a 3 star.


    It's all snark from here on out

  12. #12
    Recruit
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    114
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Alex Carr (DB)

    I clearly stated I didn't know what offers he had.

    And for the record, the rivals guys at a camp were raving about him.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.tv
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Mississippi Valley State
  • December 31, 2014
  • 06:00 PM