Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 120

All The Eggs????

Couldn't help but listen to the latest concern that Giggles is losing sleep over with the Men's Basketball program. With the addition of Allen, ISU has become Transfer U and is putting all their eggs into to 2011-2012 season is discarding the future of the program.

So I looked at the roster and don't quite see what Cyclone-Matt is so worried about. I thought we were going to be so Sr. loaded that year that we didn't have any young guys to carry on after that year. But here's what I found (assuming no one transfers and only the ones that have to redshirt actually redshirt)

Frosh: Cook, Odunsi, ________ (TBD)
    Soph: Ejim, Godfree, McKnight, Railey, White, Palo
    Jr: Babbs, Booker
    Sr: Phillips, Christopherson, Allen

So, if my math is correct, we only lose 3 players (sr's) after the 2011-2012 season. That's still a pretty good nucleus coming back.

I personally think CFH is taking the Short Term & Long Term into account. He's added some nice players to impact next year and the next at the same time adding considerable numbers (5) freshman for next year.

I realize the sourse, but even Chris Williams agreed (or maybe just not wanting engage) Help me out Fanatics, what am I missing????????

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives…..

Pro
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 419
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 49

Re: All The Eggs????

Rule #1 - Get the best talent you can.

Rule #2 - See rule #1.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 751
    Given: 171

Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    Couldn't help but listen to the latest concern that Giggles is losing sleep over with the Men's Basketball program. With the addition of Allen, ISU has become Transfer U and is putting all their eggs into to 2011-2012 season is discarding the future of the program.

So I looked at the roster and don't quite see what Cyclone-Matt is so worried about. I thought we were going to be so Sr. loaded that year that we didn't have any young guys to carry on after that year. But here's what I found (assuming no one transfers and only the ones that have to redshirt actually redshirt)

So, if my math is correct, we only lose 3 players (sr's) after the 2011-2012 season. That's still a pretty good nucleus coming back.

I personally think CFH is taking the Short Term & Long Term into account. He's added some nice players to impact next year and the next at the same time adding considerable numbers (5) freshman for next year.

I realize the sourse, but even Chris Williams agreed (or maybe just not wanting engage) Help me out Fanatics, what am I missing????????
    The only thing you are missing is the part of your brain that would prevent you from listening to matty p.

No offense.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,163
    Given: 910

Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post

He's pretty transparent. For ISU football coverage he's not so obviously cheering against them... because ISU is almost done playing Nebraska and Creighton doesn't have football.

When it comes to ISU basketball he's totally irrational. It's because he knows ISU has had the best two basketball teams in the region over the last 20 years (Creighton's best teams couldn't have one the Big 12 once, let alone twice), ISU has the best home court in the immediate region, and are set up the best to dominate the area long term if they can have coaching stability.

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 471
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

I was just wondering if there is a reason for Matt to be so concerned with Iowa State Athletics? Is he supposed to be a central Iowa Sports talk show host? Is he officially affiliated with Creighton? Or well a Creighton talk show? I do not know the answers to any of the questions and have not listened to him on the radio.

From what I have picked up from these boards he is a supporter of Creighton(which may be just a rumor that I took as fact.) I just don't understand why he is so obsessed with a Big 12 team when Creighton is in the Missouri Valley Conference.

Giving it a go
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 6

Do NOT listen to sportstalkmatt. He is very similiar to SD. Own a website and then only talk good about them. Sell the website, then talk about another conference.

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chadm View Post
    Do NOT listen to sportstalkmatt. He is very similiar to SD. Own a website and then only talk good about them. Sell the website, then talk about another conference.
    Big difference. Deace has much more talent. Love or hate Steve, he can very easily do his 5 hours of radio daily without getting stale. Matt can't interview one guest without losing focus.

And to the OP, Matt has his position that Hoiberg was a horrible hire, and he'll stick with it until Fred becomes the next John Wooden. That's what he claims good sports radio hosts do.

How he thinks signing Allen means we're throwing in the towel is beyond me. What player could Fred have picked up this late that would have possibly made an impact this year?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 646
    Given: 404

1.Crush Creighton at WFC.
    2. See Rule #1.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 119
    Given: 0

As long as he's not tying up scholarships for the 2012 class, what is he doing wrong. Matt himself has stated that the 2012 class is the best out of Iowa in a long time. What, in his mind should Hoiberg be doing with those scholarships? Should he be taking guys for 2011 and then not have any spots available for 2012? This way he will have very talented guys for 2011 and then still have spots open for 2012.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 692
    Given: 575

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFan View Post
    Big difference. Deace has much more talent. Love or hate Steve, he can very easily do his 5 hours of radio daily without getting stale. Matt can't interview one guest without losing focus.

And to the OP, Matt has his position that Hoiberg was a horrible hire, and he'll stick with it until Fred becomes the next John Wooden. That's what he claims good sports radio hosts do.

How he thinks signing Allen means we're throwing in the towel is beyond me. What player could Fred have picked up this late that would have possibly made an impact this year?

This. matt has hitched his wagon to the Fred is a bad hire opinion and he's going to ride that horse until Fred can prove him wrong. Fred probably can't do that next year without a complete miracle. Just get used to it. Matt has a chance of being right and he can't go back now.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I can't believe I'm going to say this...I'm curious what Matt "wanted" Fred to do this year. I won't give him a hint on what I consider stupid that I think he will say.

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I'm surprised CW agreed with that. If true, that's disappointing to hear. I don't think we're looking at just 2011/12 at all. You don't add Anthony Odunsi and recruit the other 2011 and 2012 high school class kids we're recruiting if that's the case.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

CW did agree and was wrong. it happens. I was wrong once.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

I just think it's funny how he can control people enough that they continue to listen to him then come on here and post up complaints about what he says. Good on Matt for being able to play the dopes like he does.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth

Pro
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

[QUOTE=Cydkar;1859913]CW did agree and was wrong. it happens. I was wrong once.[/QUOTe}

i am happy that we have fred hoiberg and his current staff coaching the cyclones.........

sure beats having MCDDDDDDDDUUUUUDDDDD COACHING THE CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doc