Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 28

Unnecessary Spin

Here's the quote:

"I have had numerous talks with Coach (Tom) Izzo about Chris, and he has had nothing but positive things to say about him as a person and a player." Cyclones Add Another Outstanding Transfer - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

If Izzo had nothing but positive things to say, then CFH wasn't asking good questions because there was a reason he was booted off the team.

I'm excited by this addition -- don't get me wrong -- but this sort unnecessary positive spin irks me. Every PR department does it, but I prefer straight talk. Something like: "He had some problems in the MSU program, but coach Izzo is emphatic that Chris is a good kid and will be a positive addition to our program." No?

Pro
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 613
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 8

Re: Unnecessary Spin

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Hubba View Post
    Here's the quote:

"I have had numerous talks with Coach (Tom) Izzo about Chris, and he has had nothing but positive things to say about him as a person and a player." Cyclones Add Another Outstanding Transfer - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

If Izzo had nothing but positive things to say, then CFH wasn't asking good questions because there was a reason he was booted off the team.

I'm excited by this addition -- don't get me wrong -- but this sort unnecessary positive spin irks me. Every PR department does it, but I prefer straight talk. Something like: "He had some problems in the MSU program, but coach Izzo is emphatic that Chris is a good kid and will be a positive addition to our program." No?
    maybe Izzo couldnt use him.

Honor Before Victory

Pro
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,401
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Here's the quote:

You're getting a little bent out of shape for something very minor, in my opinion. They want people to read what they want them to read, and most of the casual fans who don't post on these boards won't likely know a whole lot of what went on elsewhere.

Besides, in a quote I read somewhere else, Chris Allen owned up to the mistakes he made at MSU and said he's going to grow up this time around.

Rookie
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 125
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 1

Here's the quote:

No. Get a life.

Rookie
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 146

Tom also said a year off of basketball would be good for him personally. I thinking you are reading into this too much. As far as straight talk, I'd recomend asking Fred your self then relying on soundbites from the media.

I think it's a great pickup to mix in with all the young kids he's bringing on. No sense on getting 8 Freshman, that never works!

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives…..

Recruit
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You're write: the player says, "Like all college kids, I have areas to grow. This has been a wake-up call for me, and one that will ultimately make me stronger as a player and a person."

I like that.

But for the record, while I am bent out shape, it's not over the use of this false cheerleading BS in sports, but society in general.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by clone11 View Post
    No. Get a life.
    You're just mad because you bought it hook, line and sinker. I bet you buy things from late night infomercials too!

Rookie
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 512
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 146

Well, glad you decided to take out your frustration here!

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives…..

Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You're write: the player says, "Like all college kids, I have areas to grow. This has been a wake-up call for me, and one that will ultimately make me stronger as a player and a person."

I like that.

But for the record, while I am bent out shape, it's not over the use of this false cheerleading BS in sports, but society in general.
    Noted. By the way, nobody cares about your thoughts on society.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyBelieve View Post
    Well, glad you decided to take out your frustration here!
    Thank you. Me too!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 605

I like that.

Maybe he had campus GF problems that are now history.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Recruit
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Maybe he had campus GF problems that are now history.
    Good point. Unlikely but perhaps.

Rookie
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

You're just mad because you bought it hook, line and sinker. I bet you buy things from late night infomercials too!
    Wrong. I didn't buy anything, because I don't waste my time worrying and posting idiotic threads about meaningless quotes. Your sense of humor is possibly the worst I've ever seen.

Starter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31

What is Your Spin?

He is the full quote from Izzo

"The Iowa State program and Fred Hoiberg are getting a great addition to their team. Chris Allen is a good kid and will be a great player and a pro prospect for the Cyclones. A year away from basketball and a fresh start will be beneficial for his development as a player and a young man. I'm sad to see him go, but he and I have worked together as he has searched for his next school. With the excitement around Coach Hoiberg as he builds his program, Iowa State is a great fit for Chris, and we wish him nothing but the best."

Obviously there were reasons Allen left MSU as a senior- things weren't all wine & roses.

But why insist that Coach Hoiberg's statements were spin? If they were, then are you saying one of the best coaches of our generation (Coach Izzo) was also spinning?

Life isn't a straight line for most people, there are bumps in road and hopefully Chris Allen is moving in the right direction. If ISU can help him do that great.

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 475
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Here's the quote:

Too bad, deal with it and get over it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Accept the truth