Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Poison Control Center's new album released (good reviews, too)

I have a lot of free time at work. In fact, most of my day is spent entering data and talking to corporate branches on the phone. In order to keep myself sane, I search for and listen to a lot of new music throughout the day.

But imagine my surprise when I read through Pitchfork's reviews of new albums and found Ames band Poison Control Center listed. Holy ****! I remember seeing them when I was in school! Decent review of their latest album, too.

I'm actually kind of surprised they're still around. Granted, Patrick Fleming was always pretty big in the Ames music scene, but I just kind of assumed PCC would have moved on. It's been quite awhile.

So yeah, kind of a post about nothing, but nice to see an Ames band getting some good press. Check them out when they play, they're pretty fun live.

www.widerightnattylite.com/ - All the news on the team that gives you fits

Pro
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 26

Re: Poison Control Center's new album released (good reviews, too)

That's pretty cool. I remember seeing them back in around 2001-2. Patrick mixed a record I did around that time as well. Cool to see them on Pitchfork. I was never a huge fan at the time but I do remember Patrick playing me something of his while he mixed my record that I really liked...I'll have to check this out.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 529
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 104

Quote Originally Posted by sdillon500 View Post
    I have a lot of free time at work. In fact, most of my day is spent entering data and talking to corporate branches on the phone. In order to keep myself sane, I search for and listen to a lot of new music throughout the day.

But imagine my surprise when I read through Pitchfork's reviews of new albums and found Ames band Poison Control Center listed. Holy ****! I remember seeing them when I was in school! Decent review of their latest album, too.

I'm actually kind of surprised they're still around. Granted, Patrick Fleming was always pretty big in the Ames music scene, but I just kind of assumed PCC would have moved on. It's been quite awhile.

So yeah, kind of a post about nothing, but nice to see an Ames band getting some good press. Check them out when they play, they're pretty fun live.
    I'm not into PCC, in fact never even heard them but they have a pretty big following in the area (no surprise). I know Pat and his wife pretty well. They sold their house back in May and moved to go on tour, record, etc. Sounds like it's going well. Good to see.

Addict
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 2

The band I was in from 1999-2003 We recorded our album in Patricks basement in the duplex he used to live in. Cool guy I am glad they are during well!! I will definitely check them out.