Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 89

Rivals Big XII preview

Rivals Big XII Preview Overall I think that it is a fair assessment on ISU. They have the Clones finishing 5th in the North ahead of Kansas State. They also rank each team unit.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 98

Re: Rivals Big XII preview

ISU and KSU should both finish ahead of CU and KU.

Any publication that doesn't have KU at dead last is one not worth reading.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Legend
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 1,128

Yet another Big XII preview touting Colorado higher than I think they deserve.
    Here is their schedule:
    @ Colorado State - They lost this game last year at home, but for arguments sake I will give them a W
    @ Cal - I don't think they have any chance in this one. L
    Hawaii - The Rainbow Warriors aren't very good so I guess they get a W
    Georgia - No effing way - L
    @ Missouri - They lost 36-17 last year and this year will probably be worse - L
    Baylor - Toss Up I guess, but RGIII will be back.
    Texas Tech - It will be Techs 5th conference game so I don't think the new coaching staff will cause issues. Tech is too good. L
    @ Oklahoma - Big L
    @ Kansas - Toss Up I guess. Coming off what should be a shalacking at OU, I think KU will have the edge.
    Iowa State - I really think ISU will be the better team in this one. The D will have had all season to gel and the new LBs will have improved. L
    Kansas State - Toss Up, but I think KSU is better
    @ Nebraska - Last NU/CU game ever, at NU? I don't think so Buffs. L

So, I have 2 Wins, 7 Losses, and 3 Toss Ups. Even if we switch the ISU game to a toss up to counteract my alegiance, CU would have to sweep the Toss Ups to even get to 6 games. If it starts going downhill early, I don't think Hawkins will make it through the year. I just don't see where the improvement will come from. I think they lose a decent amount of starters from last year too.

KU may end up with a better record than ISU solely based on their schedule so I can see that.

Starter
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I think they may have learned something from the Cyclones last year. KU has a similar schedule to what we enjoyed last season and I think they are basing it on that. Also, I think they are looking at our schedule and planning accordingly.

"I'm proud to lead this program and this team in whatever we do. Whether it's a community service project, or through practice or winning a bowl game, but you don't do that without the kids believing and being all in, and going out there and accomplishing all [of] the goals and expectations that we set." - Coach Paul Rhoads

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wow, hiphopp. When you break down the schedule like that, I'm wondering what is going through the heads of people picking a good year for CU.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    ISU and KSU should both finish ahead of CU and KU.

Any publication that doesn't have KU at dead last is one not worth reading.
    The only reason I think KU is picked higher is because they have the soft conference schedule and one tough non-con game against G-Tech.

NDSU - W
    Georgia Tech - Big L
    @Southern Miss - Could be a loss, but I will give them a win for being the Big12 team - W
    New Mexico St - W
    @Baylor - Honestly I think they lose - L
    K State - KSU is at a better place htan KU right now but maybe a Toss Up at home in a rivalry
    ATM - L
    @ISU - I think ISU will be out for blood in this one - L
    Colorado - Toss Up - I think everyone is better than CU
    @ Nebby - No chance - L
    OK State - I think OSU will have found their rhythm by this point in the season and they still have a good RB and established talent - L
    Missouri - MU will be first or second in the North - L

So I have 3 Wins, 7 Losses, and 2 Toss Ups. Even if you change the ISU loss to a toss up to counteract my allegiance, I don't see much better than 6-6 best case.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Al_4_State View Post
    Wow, hiphopp. When you break down the schedule like that, I'm wondering what is going through the heads of people picking a good year for CU.
    CU barely beat a KU team last year who couldn't stop anyone last year 34-30 and beat ATM 35-34 at home because I assume the Aggeis peed their pants. Their only other win was against Wyoming. I really want to know why some of the talking heads think the Buffs will improve this year. Of course, they also have Hawkins on the hot seat so I guess they are hedging their bets. I would put my money on the hot seat prediction over finishing 4th in the North.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82

I don't get all the love for CU and KU. Hawkins is just coaching on borrowed time until they can afford to fire his a**. KU has a new staff coming in and lost a lot of offensive firepower.

ABC - Always Be Closing

All-Star
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

The thing about CU is that their recruiting classes have been above average with several 4 star recruits in each class the last few years. So it's interesting to predict CU because according to recruiting services, they should be a bowl team. However, the coaching staff just doesn't seem to be doing their job. So the question is does talent over power the lack of coaching or does coaching destroy this team?

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by SCNCY View Post
    The thing about CU is that their recruiting classes have been above average with several 4 star recruits in each class the last few years. So it's interesting to predict CU because according to recruiting services, they should be a bowl team. However, the coaching staff just doesn't seem to be doing their job. So the question is does talent over power the lack of coaching or does coaching destroy this team?
    At least one of those 4 star guys isn't there any more and the ones who have played so far have been underwhelming at best. I am not sure how many returning starters they have unfotunately, and I don't want to spend the time to check. That may be the only factor in their improvement. I don't think their QB play will improve dramatically and their RBs may only be slightly better than average and are hurt by shaky QB play.

Legend
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 168
    Given: 559

I seem to remember a decent CU team come into Ames and run us out of the stadium in the first half. (21-0) Then under the tremendous leadership of the man they call "Hawkins" they went for a 4th and 1 at their own 40 on the first possession of the 2nd half. They got stuffed, ISU dropped 31 unanswered points on their *** and that was that.

It goes to show you.... 1 idiotic decision by the coach was all it took for a huge momentum swing and in college football sometimes that is all it takes. That being said CU will come out of this season bruised, battered, and bloody which you will be able to blame 100% on their coaching staff.

Pro
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 929
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    I seem to remember a decent CU team come into Ames and run us out of the stadium in the first half. (21-0) Then under the tremendous leadership of the man they call "Hawkins" they went for a 4th and 1 at their own 40 on the first possession of the 2nd half. They got stuffed, ISU dropped 31 unanswered points on their *** and that was that.

It goes to show you.... 1 idiotic decision by the coach was all it took for a huge momentum swing and in college football sometimes that is all it takes. That being said CU will come out of this season bruised, battered, and bloody which you will be able to blame 100% on their coaching staff.
    I have fond, fond memories of that game. My friend got us tickets about eight rows up at the 50 behind the ISU bench. One of our group was a CU fan so watching his reactions the second half was great. The final sequence with the field goals was crazy

ABC - Always Be Closing

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

In all levels of football (a bring reason I love the sport) coaching generally trumps talent.

Obviously Bill Belichik couldn't lead WDM Valley over the Colts, but you get the point.

Starter
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

I am in complete agreement with those who are utterly flabbergasted about Kansas getting picked 2/3/4 in the North. They lost all of their skill position players, and their coach. Gill might be a good coach, but he will be implementing a new system and it will take players time to adjust. If Kansas wins more than 3 games this year I will personally make a $500 donation to their athletic department. Not even joking.

Starter
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up

I think KU will be last in the North. Like many others, I don't get the love for CU. Nebraska is the cream of the crop in the North. After that, I could see it go many different ways.