Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Legend
    Points: 219,009, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,375
    Points
    219,009
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 269
    Given: 356

    Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Guy is mad his kid goes to a school with a Demon mascott.

    Georgia pastor wants high school to repent for demon mascot - Out of Bounds - NBC Sports


    Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 651,228, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,576
    Points
    651,228
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,121
    Given: 229

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Sometimes.



  3. #3
    Rookie
    Points: 21,611, Level: 44
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    552
    Points
    21,611
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    Sometimes.
    My girlfriend is about once a month for a few days, thinking I might have to get a priest on fast dial for those days.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 25,530, Level: 48
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    redrocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ames - West-CY'd
    Posts
    2,244
    Points
    25,530
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Seriously, if you do not like the mascot of the school don't move there. I am sure they have been the Demons for a while.



    2009 FLHR - Vivid Black


    I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 216,714, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    27,452
    Points
    216,714
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 513
    Given: 49

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    I doubt if the pastor's kid goes to Duke then.

    And what about Wake Forest? They are Demon Deacons. Talk about confused.



  6. #6
    Legend
    Points: 285,124, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,191
    Points
    285,124
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 2,306

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    I doubt if the pastor's kid goes to Duke then.

    And what about Wake Forest? They are Demon Deacons. Talk about confused.
    Just what I was thinking. Is this guy for 'em or agin 'em?


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 63,152, Level: 77
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 98
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    WalkingCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    5,106
    Points
    63,152
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 127
    Given: 146

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Depaul Blue Demons?



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 40,805, Level: 62
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 845
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,641
    Points
    40,805
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    my daughter is a speed demon in the swimimg pool.in high school she was second in the state of texas in the 100 and 200 free.she is only 5-6 and got beat by a 6-2 lady from duncanville texas.my little gal had schollies from over 30 schools. she selected TCU and swam for them 4 years.she placed in the top 10 in the country in the NCAA's in the 100 and 200 free every year.she worked for IBM IN ROCHESTER MN writing their hazardous material specs.since then this gal has a pa. m.s. from baylor medical school.she worked 7 years in the rio grande valley. during that time she went to uiversity of texas brownsville for an mba with a atraight 4.0..she decided that she needed more education so she got a D.O.
    DEGREE FROM THE NORTH TEXAS MEDICAL SCHOOL IN FT WORTH....she graduated 5th in a starting class of 143 med students.....she has had
    1 year of internship and 3 years of residency in pediatric physiatry.
    now she is doing a 2 year research fellowship in fellowship in child physiatry.she tells me that there only 254 physiatrists in the country.

    two years ago she met mr. right and got married in the sands of south padre isle.when she fixes up she is real pretty.she and her husband had a pretty baby girl 8 1/2 months after the wedding.i have told them we should have had a shotgun wedding. her husband is the head accounting person at dave and busters restaurant chain-he has to do federal income taxes ,state income taxes,and state sales taxes. this young lady will start a practice at age 43. i imagine she will stay in dallas.her hubby can set up the books for her.i have a b.s.,masters degree,and a doctorate in biochemistry -biophysics and animal science double major from cyclone university. there always one kiddo in the family that tries to outdo their parents.
    i guess my daughter is the one in our family of 6.

    GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!


    doc

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 32,581, Level: 55
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 469
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    agrabes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,221
    Points
    32,581
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 0

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormin View Post
    I doubt if the pastor's kid goes to Duke then.

    And what about Wake Forest? They are Demon Deacons. Talk about confused.
    I always thought of the "Demon Deacons" as corrupt or possessed church leaders. Really though, it's just a guy on a motorcycle. Talk about lame. I was hoping it'd be a guy in priest robes and devil horns or something.



  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 25,481, Level: 48
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,656
    Points
    25,481
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 166

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Sounds like the pastor needs to lighten up. Lots of schools around here nicknamed Demons.


    Go Cyclones!!

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 485,804, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Al_4_State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Driftless Region
    Posts
    19,166
    Points
    485,804
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 421
    Given: 125

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    my daughter is a speed demon in the swimimg pool.in high school she was second in the state of texas in the 100 and 200 free.she is only 5-6 and got beat by a 6-2 lady from duncanville texas.my little gal had schollies from over 30 schools. she selected TCU and swam for them 4 years.she placed in the top 10 in the country in the NCAA's in the 100 and 200 free every year.she worked for IBM IN ROCHESTER MN writing their hazardous material specs.since then this gal has a pa. m.s. from baylor medical school.she worked 7 years in the rio grande valley. during that time she went to uiversity of texas brownsville for an mba with a atraight 4.0..she decided that she needed more education so she got a D.O.
    DEGREE FROM THE NORTH TEXAS MEDICAL SCHOOL IN FT WORTH....she graduated 5th in a starting class of 143 med students.....she has had
    1 year of internship and 3 years of residency in pediatric physiatry.
    now she is doing a 2 year research fellowship in fellowship in child physiatry.she tells me that there only 254 physiatrists in the country.

    two years ago she met mr. right and got married in the sands of south padre isle.when she fixes up she is real pretty.she and her husband had a pretty baby girl 8 1/2 months after the wedding.i have told them we should have had a shotgun wedding. her husband is the head accounting person at dave and busters restaurant chain-he has to do federal income taxes ,state income taxes,and state sales taxes. this young lady will start a practice at age 43. i imagine she will stay in dallas.her hubby can set up the books for her.i have a b.s.,masters degree,and a doctorate in biochemistry -biophysics and animal science double major from cyclone university. there always one kiddo in the family that tries to outdo their parents.
    i guess my daughter is the one in our family of 6.

    GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!
    Roger Sprague, step aside. This post will become legendary.


    In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 29,662, Level: 52
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    cychhosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. Iowa
    Posts
    1,231
    Points
    29,662
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 81

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    I'd rather be a Demon than a Trojan.


    All truisms are false. All of them.

  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 285,124, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    14,191
    Points
    285,124
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,223
    Given: 2,306

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by cychhosis View Post
    I'd rather be a Demon than a Trojan.
    Word.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 62,175, Level: 77
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,075
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CycoCyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,632
    Points
    62,175
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 159

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by woodie View Post
    my daughter is a speed demon in the swimimg pool.in high school she was second in the state of texas in the 100 and 200 free.she is only 5-6 and got beat by a 6-2 lady from duncanville texas.my little gal had schollies from over 30 schools. she selected TCU and swam for them 4 years.she placed in the top 10 in the country in the NCAA's in the 100 and 200 free every year.she worked for IBM IN ROCHESTER MN writing their hazardous material specs.since then this gal has a pa. m.s. from baylor medical school.she worked 7 years in the rio grande valley. during that time she went to uiversity of texas brownsville for an mba with a atraight 4.0..she decided that she needed more education so she got a D.O.
    DEGREE FROM THE NORTH TEXAS MEDICAL SCHOOL IN FT WORTH....she graduated 5th in a starting class of 143 med students.....she has had
    1 year of internship and 3 years of residency in pediatric physiatry.
    now she is doing a 2 year research fellowship in fellowship in child physiatry.she tells me that there only 254 physiatrists in the country.

    two years ago she met mr. right and got married in the sands of south padre isle.when she fixes up she is real pretty.she and her husband had a pretty baby girl 8 1/2 months after the wedding.i have told them we should have had a shotgun wedding. her husband is the head accounting person at dave and busters restaurant chain-he has to do federal income taxes ,state income taxes,and state sales taxes. this young lady will start a practice at age 43. i imagine she will stay in dallas.her hubby can set up the books for her.i have a b.s.,masters degree,and a doctorate in biochemistry -biophysics and animal science double major from cyclone university. there always one kiddo in the family that tries to outdo their parents.
    i guess my daughter is the one in our family of 6.

    GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!
    Where does this fit in?


    John Walters is my hero

  15. #15
    Starter LonoClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    679
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Is Your son or daughter a Demon??

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    Sounds like the pastor needs to lighten up. Lots of schools around here nicknamed Demons.
    There's no talking to people like this. He's picked his hill, and damned if he isn't going to protect it regardless of how pointless it is.


    Wear the fox hat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBD
  • Iowa State vs. Oklahoma
  • November 1, 2014
  • 07:00 PM