Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 31,104, Level: 54
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 846
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,635
    Points
    31,104
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 4

    ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings


  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 24,401, Level: 47
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    MookInLincoln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Waverly, NE
    Posts
    1,247
    Points
    24,401
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 3

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    No more Fowler on ESPN Thursday night games. Rece Davis will join James and Palmer in the booth, Jenn Brown on the sideline

    Danny Kannell get the short straw and will be working with Pam Ward

    From Big 12 Media Days, Ron Franklin and Ed Cunningham will be doing the ISU/Iowa game



    Twitter:
    @mookjnsn
    #Hang5atHilton

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 68,166, Level: 81
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    68,166
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 7

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    The only thing I hate about football season is watching the gameday crew on saturday mornings. I mean i love hearing Herbstreet and Corso talk about Ohio State and Florida 24/7 as much as the next guy....



  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 66,773, Level: 80
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,277
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Posts
    4,124
    Points
    66,773
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 944

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by MookInLincoln View Post
    Danny Kannell get the short straw and will be working with Pam Ward
    Pam Ward is absolutely horrible! I know that since she is a woman that has to help her keep her job...but isn't there a better female p-by-p announcer out there? Anywhere?



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 42,870, Level: 63
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,667
    Points
    42,870
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 58

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by timappelgate View Post
    The only thing I hate about football season is watching the gameday crew on saturday mornings. I mean i love hearing Herbstreet and Corso talk about Ohio State and Florida 24/7 as much as the next guy....
    I used to like Gameday a lot more than I do now. The Tebow obsession got beyond weird. That said, it's still the best program dedicated to college football so I tolerate it. I had really grown to like Lee Corso, but man, it's tough to watch/listen to him after the stroke. I wish he'd bow out gracefully but I doubt that'll happen.....of course if he did, that'd open up a big chair for Lou Holsch. To the best of my knowledge he's never had a stroke but he's harder to understand than Corso.



  6. #6
    Publisher
    Points: 823,589, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    16,926
    Points
    823,589
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,400
    Given: 349

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by MookInLincoln View Post
    No more Fowler on ESPN Thursday night games. Rece Davis will join James and Palmer in the booth, Jenn Brown on the sideline

    Danny Kannell get the short straw and will be working with Pam Ward

    From Big 12 Media Days, Ron Franklin and Ed Cunningham will be doing the ISU/Iowa game
    That is a PHENOMENAL (my favorite word) Thursday crew.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 68,166, Level: 81
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    68,166
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 7

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    I used to like Gameday a lot more than I do now. The Tebow obsession got beyond weird. That said, it's still the best program dedicated to college football so I tolerate it. I had really grown to like Lee Corso, but man, it's tough to watch/listen to him after the stroke. I wish he'd bow out gracefully but I doubt that'll happen.....of course if he did, that'd open up a big chair for Lou Holsch. To the best of my knowledge he's never had a stroke but he's harder to understand than Corso.
    Holtz has that whole mouth full of spit thing when he talks.



  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 29,838, Level: 53
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,012
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    2,158
    Points
    29,838
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    Pam Ward is absolutely horrible! I know that since she is a woman that has to help her keep her job...but isn't there a better female p-by-p announcer out there? Anywhere?
    That's a demotion for Pam Ward, going from the early morning game on ESPN2 to mid afternoon on ESPNU....



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 68,166, Level: 81
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    68,166
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 7

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Yeah, the early morning ESPN2 game is 99% Big 10. Now Pam gets like a low-tier ACC game.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 112,295, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RING4CY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ankeny, IA
    Posts
    6,959
    Points
    112,295
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 256
    Given: 185

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    That said, it's still the best program dedicated to college football so I tolerate it.
    I just can't buy that it's the best program dedicated to college football when there are 120 D-1 football programs and they continue to talk about the same 8 programs over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again.




  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 68,166, Level: 81
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,584
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    timappelgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Posts
    2,306
    Points
    68,166
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 7

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    I just can't buy that it's the best program dedicated to college football when there are 120 D-1 football programs and they continue to talk about the same 8 programs over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again.
    I couldn't agree more.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 42,870, Level: 63
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ca4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Central IA
    Posts
    1,667
    Points
    42,870
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 58

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by RING4CY View Post
    I just can't buy that it's the best program dedicated to college football when there are 120 D-1 football programs and they continue to talk about the same 8 programs over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over again.
    I know what you're saying. Saying they're the best isn't really saying much considering that they're really the only one. FSN has very little to offer and I keep waiting for CBS or NBC to step up and put something on one of their alternate channels. Until that happens, I'll have to tolerate 2:45 minutes of talk about the top 10 and 15 minutes dedicated to everybody else.

    To their credit, I will say they gave ISU a lot of love back in '02 before we completely fell off the map. They had segments dedicated to Seneca two weeks in a row.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 102,546, Level: 99
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,931
    Points
    102,546
    Level
    99
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 155

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by ca4cy View Post
    I used to like Gameday a lot more than I do now. The Tebow obsession got beyond weird. That said, it's still the best program dedicated to college football so I tolerate it. I had really grown to like Lee Corso, but man, it's tough to watch/listen to him after the stroke. I wish he'd bow out gracefully but I doubt that'll happen.....of course if he did, that'd open up a big chair for Lou Holsch. To the best of my knowledge he's never had a stroke but he's harder to understand than Corso.
    oh you had me spit my drink on the computer

    if you ever watch it closely herbie grabs a hold of corso when he gets going,.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 11,795, Level: 32
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    gharris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    444
    Points
    11,795
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 24

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    Quote Originally Posted by MookInLincoln View Post
    No more Fowler on ESPN Thursday night games. Rece Davis will join James and Palmer in the booth, Jenn Brown on the sideline

    Danny Kannell get the short straw and will be working with Pam Ward

    From Big 12 Media Days, Ron Franklin and Ed Cunningham will be doing the ISU/Iowa game
    Excited for Jenn Brown!



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 107,303, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cornlands of Ayuxwa
    Posts
    5,553
    Points
    107,303
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 7

    Re: ESPN/ABC announces TV commentator pairings

    I love Corso, but he probably needs to retire with the stroke last year. Lou Holtz would get the spot, which would be pretty bad. Holtz has grown on me a little, but I'll never forget his comment in 2005 about how UNI would give Iowa more of a game than ISU. 23-3.


    Last edited by CyForPresident; 08-06-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPN
  • Iowa State @ Kansas
  • February 2, 2015
  • 08:00 PM