Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Super Regionals

Who is everyones favorite?

North Carolina vs South Carolina - I don't know much about either team this year... But I know this will probably be the toughest matchup in the supers.. I choose NC but I hope its SC.

Michigan vs Oregon State - My gut tells me that OSU will win, but Michigan beat a very good Vandy team 2 out of 3 times. Of course everyone on this board knows anything north of the Mason Dixon in the midwest just can't be successful.

UCLA vs Cal State Fullerton - UCLA has Tyson Brummet, but that will only win them one game. I would like to see CSF back again this year so I don't have to buy so much new merchandise.

Texas A&M vs Rice - Rice returns alot from last years semifinal team, its probably A&M's best team in a decade but Rice should win it all this year.

Oklahoma State vs Louisville - both teams are lucky to be this far along.. I hope OSU wins though so the big 12 gets in.

Clemson vs Mississippi State - Clemson was dominant in their regional, but even we were dominant vs Coastal Carolina... Their offense is pretty much unreal though... Mississippi State beat a very good Florida State team a couple times though, they might be peaking.. Pretty sure Clemson will win through.

Mississippi vs Arizona State - I know Arizona State is good, but I don't know much about Mississippi.. I pick ASU because their team is well rounded and they have been to the CWS a few times recently.

UC Irvine vs Witchita State - Both teams are ok. I just don't want to see the annoying "shocker" shirts everywhere. Please UC Ivrine... win

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

Re: Super Regionals

The team I'm pulling for? UCLA. I grew up in SoCal before my family moved to Iowa, and several of my friends and some of my distant family members went to UCLA. So they're my team out west. That didn't stop me from being ticked off when ISU got hosed by them in basketball in 1997, but I tend to pull for the Bruins when they're not playing the Cyclones.

The team I think will win it all? Arizona State. Solid program. Deep at almost every position. They're playing at home in the Super Regionals, so I like their chances. Of the teams still alive, I think only Rice can rival ASU's combination of pitching and hitting, so the Sun Devils have a very good chance to make a deep run in this tournament.

North Carolina vs South Carolina - UNC is a good team, and are probably on a mission after coming up just short in last year's finals. I see the Tar Heels advancing here.

Michigan vs Oregon State - I think Michigan's Cinderella ride is over. Oregon State is too experienced in the postseason to choke this one away against a suspect Upper Midwest team.

UCLA vs Cal State Fullerton - Tough matchup of two underrated teams. This one could go either way. I want UCLA to win, but I give the edge to Fullerton playing on their home field.

Texas A&M vs Rice - Rice has too much for an upstart Aggies team. Wayne Graham has built himself a tremendous program at Rice. I think Rice sweeps this Super Regional.

Oklahoma State vs Louisville - I'm not sure why the committee gave the home field to Louisville in this one. Okie State has much more tradition, plays in a better conference, has a bigger stadium and a much more devoted fan base. The NCAA lost out on some serious money by making Louisville the host team. I think the Cowboys' tougher regular season competition works in their favor here. Okie State in three.

Clemson vs Mississippi State - I think Mississippi State was the beneficiary of Florida State's annual choke job in the regionals. The Bulldogs' run should end here. Clemson's deeper and better.

Mississippi vs Arizona State - I like ASU for all the reasons stated above.

UC Irvine vs Witchita State - I'm still ticked off at Wichita State for trying to screw us over in the CBS Sportsline Mascot Poll. Irvine beat a much tougher Texas team in Austin (well, Round Rock... same thing), so they certainly won't be intimidated by playing in Wichita. Go Anteaters!

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 27

What sport is this?

EDIT: Ahh I see CWS. I guess I don't watch enough sports center in the summer.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin 1775

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 33

Clemson, has to be one of the most explosive offenses I've ever seen in college baseball. I got a chance to see them play all three games in Myrtle Beach last week and it was something else to watch. Top to bottom offensively they are stacked. They have great starting pitching, in Moskos and Kopp, and a great bullpen to back them up. I see the Tigers winning big in this Super Regional and facing the Tar Heels in Omaha.

Other Picks:

UNC over USC in 2

Michigan over OSU in 3

CS-F over UCLA in 3

Rice over A&M in 3

Okie State over Louisville in 2

Clemson over MSU in 2

Ole Miss over ASU in 3

Witchita State over UC-I in 3

Pro
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 265
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I don't know much about the teams outside of ASU, but I'm definitely pulling for the Sun Devils. They have the most potent offense in the country and three very solid starting pitchers which is important in the CWS format. From what I've seen their big weakness is the bullpen.

I took my son to the ASU/Nebraska game on Sunday. It was funny to see the ASU fans giving the Husker fans grief as they were were exiting the game before the ninth inning. "Say hi to Sam Keller for us!" was my favorite. Poor Huskers. I'm planning to go again on Saturday night to see the first game of the Super Regionals. I love the atmosphere. No annoying organ music or giant scoreboards telling everyone when to cheer.

Go Devils!

"THE SKIES SHALL RAIN BLOOD AND ALL THE WORLD SHALL QUAKE IN THE SHADOW OF THE CARDINAL AND GOLD!"

Pro
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

A&M/Rice ought to be a helluva series.

It's a shame that college baseball doesn't get more coverage in Iowa.

All-Star
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 314
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Thumbs up Re: Super Regionals

For all the Rice fans out there, the Aggies have already played and beat Rice twice this year! Both in Houston no less!

Feb 11 Sun vs. Rice (1) Houston College Classic Houston, Texas
    Minute Maid Park W 4-2

Mar 20 Tue @ Rice (8) Houston, Texas Reckling Park W 10-9

Go Clones!!
    Gig 'em Aggies!!
    Saw 'em off!!

All-Star
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, but since that weekend they have been HOT! They better not lose, I just made a brian friday t-shirt.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by garn91 View Post
    A&M/Rice ought to be a helluva series.

It's a shame that college baseball doesn't get more coverage in Iowa.

It will be split nationally on ESPN with the N.C. and S.C. game. My guess is you will get your fix of college baseball if you want it.

Pro
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 33

wait i didnt think we were allowed to talk college baseball on this board? im cheering for wichita state and will be at all 17 games at rosenblatt. took the time off of work 2 months ago

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I will be tailgating next to Buckys on Fridays and Saturdays... The nicest gas station that sells bottles of liquor in Omaha... Its really too bad there is no LSU or Texas this year... They always send up a ton of fans...