Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Vote for the 80/35 Festival!!!

Hello All,

If you haven't already heard, the Greater Des Moines Music Coalition's 80/35 Music Festival (www.80-35.com) has been accepted into the August voting cycle at the $50,000 level for the Pepsi Refresh Grant! The Refresh Grant is a fairly new undertaking by Pepsi in which the company funds what it deems to be "refreshing" ideas and projects that have a positive impact on communities all over the country. Unlike other grants, which are awarded after review by a small panel, this one is essentially a popularity contest decided by the general public. So, how can you make us the most popular??? VOTE EVERY DAY: http://www.refresheverything.com/8035

I believe strongly in the impact that 80/35 has had on Des Moines' entertainment scene. As a long time Des Moines resident and supporter of live music, there is no comparison between the quality of club and theatre size shows the city is attracting today when viewed alongside the same shows five years ago. Des Moines is now hosting the best of the progressive and indie genres. While a number of factors are contributing to this, 80/35 is definitely a predominant one. Based in part on its success, artists, agents, and tour managers are now associating Des Moines with an audience that is not only receptive to, but passionate for, live music. With continued growth, I am confident this ripple effect will become even more pronounced in the future. Des Moines is getting better and better. Help us keep this going.

Voting has started, and there is 29 more days of it. Vote early. Vote often. Forward this to your friends so they can vote too. And THANK YOU for your continued support of the Greater Des Moines Music Coalition and the 80/35 Music Festival.

Happy Voting,
    Phan98

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 3

Re: Vote for the 80/35 Festival!!!

I agree, festivals like 80/35 give central Iowa a chance to showcase our thirst for live music to a huge range of bands/musicians. I'll vote every day.