Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

New Uniforms

Is there any pictures or postings of new Uniforms that people have submitted to the Athletic Department?

Facebook Knows All
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 309

Re: New Uniforms

There are seveal threads were people have "made" uniforms...I'm not sure if any were actually submitted to the AD though.

Here's One

Here's Another

Now...has anyone ever answered that question about the number of student tickets included in the current total?

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

I really would like it if they had gold helmets with the same logo, no stripe and cardinal or grey facemasks. I saw the throwback uni's last night, and I like the gold in the pants yet the helmet color is horrible!!

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by cycloneworld View Post

Now...has anyone ever answered that question about the number of student tickets included in the current total?

Thank You! I needed a good chuckle after the way this week has been going. to this

"It is the nature of man to rise to greatness if greatness is expected of him."
    John Steinbeck

XBOXLive: MNclone
    PS3: JHudd23
    Twitter: JasonAH

Bench Warmer Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

I'm kind of hoping for a radical change. Keep the general logo and colors, but spice it up a little and make us look sleek. I wouldn't mind a little bit of black to outline borders and a deep red metallic paint on the helmets.

Starter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 6

There are already 2 Big 12 teams with gold helmets and 2 with red helmets, so I would opt for yellow with a red cyclone on one side and a red throw back "I" on the opposite side. The pants should be definitely white (shows dirt and grass better and looks classic) with a copius amount of trim - the wedge shape of the trim along the side could be construed as a narrow cyclone. I also like the side trim on the jerseys. For those who like ketchup and mustard, the yellow hemet gives you that, but yellow pants and helmet would be overkill IMO.

Prospect Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by hoosman View Post
    ...so I would opt for yellow with a red cyclone on one side and a red throw back "I" on the opposite side...
    NOOOOO

Lost in Eastern Iowa
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 118
    Given: 122

There are already 2 Big 12 teams with gold helmets and 2 with red helmets, so I would opt for yellow with a red cyclone on one side and a red throw back "I" on the opposite side. The pants should be definitely white (shows dirt and grass better and looks classic) with a copius amount of trim - the wedge shape of the trim along the side could be construed as a narrow cyclone. I also like the side trim on the jerseys. For those who like ketchup and mustard, the yellow hemet gives you that, but yellow pants and helmet would be overkill IMO.
    In the words of Dan McCarney "He must have been smoking some good weed" when you posted that...

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 3

Two teams w/ Red Helmets? Who? Obviously ISU has red, but nobody else does....if you're referrring to OU, they are NOT red. They're Maroon. There is a big difference between OU's color and ours.

IMO, nobody but ISU has red helmets and that's why I think we should keep red helmets. I really like our current helmets with the Cardinal colored metallic paint & the white face masks (Logo cold be adjusted). I do, however, think thre rest of the uniform should be re-done.

Starter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Wow. I figured no one wanted white pants, but I kind of thought the helmet color change was a foregone conclusion. I do agree that cardinal red should be the primary color for ISU, but the helmets are by far the most notable part of the uniform and a comprehensive change is expected. Guess I'm tired of the red-red-red look.

Starter
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_phoria View Post
    Two teams w/ Red Helmets? Who? Obviously ISU has red, but nobody else does....if you're referrring to OU, they are NOT red. They're Maroon. There is a big difference between OU's color and ours.
    Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal. So I would say that OU's helmets ARE red, albeit a darker shade than we wear. Now Texas A&M, their school colors are maroon and white, and their helmets are definitely maroon. Maroon is technically a deep shade of red -- even darker than crimson. So, in a sense, there are two other Big 12 schools besides ISU with red helmets, but we're the only team in the Big 12 that wears "ketchup."

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120

Quote Originally Posted by BvK1126 View Post
    Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal.

Indeed. Oklahoma's "crimson" is only one number different than ISU's "cardinal" on the Pantone color chart.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 822

Quote Originally Posted by BvK1126 View Post
    Gotta disagree with you on this. OU's helmets are crimson, not maroon. Their official school colors are crimson and cream. Crimson is a deep, dark shade of red. On the color palette, crimson isn't all that far off from cardinal. So I would say that OU's helmets ARE red, albeit a darker shade than we wear. Now Texas A&M, their school colors are maroon and white, and their helmets are definitely maroon. Maroon is technically a deep shade of red -- even darker than crimson. So, in a sense, there are two other Big 12 schools besides ISU with red helmets, but we're the only team in the Big 12 that wears "ketchup."
    It doesn't matter whether our red is cardinal or crimson. With the yellow, we'll always be labeled as "ketchup and mustard." The difference is the brand of ketchup - Heinz 57 vs. Hunt's.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Pro
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

how bout we quit trying to be like Oklahoma and be Iowa State... RED on RED is hot... i dont care what SI says.. i like it. Ill be sad to see it go... our most recent ledgends wore red on red.. Seneca in The run, Lane Danielson in his imfamous reverses, JJ Moses, Todd Blythe, Bret Meyer, Ellis Hobbs, Tim Dobbins, DeAndre Jackson. Red on Red is different, and i like it i dont want to be Dark on White... every team in the US does that crap for the most part. Modern Cardinal on gold i can probably settle for, but id like to see the red on red live on another day

Starter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ironic that your pic of Ace shows red on white. IMO we should accentuate the trim more, if the uni-color is kept. Otherwise, what are we supposedly changing?